Message Boards

Topic : 10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 136
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:45:49 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil has reinforcement today – Robin joins him to answer all your burning questions! They also have special help from several speakers from Women of Faith, a faith-based organization encouraging women of all ages to grow in faith and spiritual maturity. First up are best friends, Barbara and Laurie, who both suffer from agoraphobia. Laurie hates to be in crowded places, and Barbara can’t comfortably leave a five-mile radius of her home. It’s a vicious cycle they’ve been sharing for 16 years. Patsy, a Women of Faith speaker who lost six years of her life to agoraphobia, shares how the women can get over their disorder. Then, Marilyn has been afraid of catching germs since she was in the 6th grade, and even gives her friends latex gloves to wear! What’s behind her fears? And, Jodi wrote to Dr. Phil because she doesn’t trust her husband, Scott’s, ability to fly his homemade helicopter. Scott says his wife needs to be more trusting. What does Dr. Phil think? Plus, a mom who says she never puts herself first wants Robin’s help. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 22, 2006, 3:45 pm CDT

CAN WE GET YOUR ADVICE DR. PHIL AND ROBIN

Quote From: purplepenny

Well and especially the first year or two of having a baby I know can feel very stressful. The last 6 months I have been able to spend more time on myself...but those first two years were demanding as you all know.

That's just part of being a mom.
HI,  WE NEED HELP DECIDING WHAT TO DO WE HAVE 2 LOVING BOYS AND THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE GOD PARENTS BUT THEY ALWAYS USE THE EXCUESS THEY DON'T HAVE MONEY TO COME DOWN.  THEY HAVE MONEY TO BUY CIGRATTES AND GO TO FLE MARKETS AND FAIRS BUT NEVER WANT TO SEE THE BOYS WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

October 22, 2006, 6:15 pm CDT

10/03 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: jakejames

HI,  WE NEED HELP DECIDING WHAT TO DO WE HAVE 2 LOVING BOYS AND THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE GOD PARENTS BUT THEY ALWAYS USE THE EXCUESS THEY DON'T HAVE MONEY TO COME DOWN.  THEY HAVE MONEY TO BUY CIGRATTES AND GO TO FLE MARKETS AND FAIRS BUT NEVER WANT TO SEE THE BOYS WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
I really don't think there is anything you can do witht he exception of communicating and there is no law stating that kids have to have Godparents. sad that they don't have a desire to see the kids but that is a choice they are making and it is your responsibility to give them the stability and all that they need..........

October 22, 2006, 7:27 pm CDT

Quote From: jakejames

Well...you can't force someone into having a relationship with your child. That's just silly. You never know who will become important in your childrens lives....and it changes at different ages too.

If they don't want to be God Parents, then fine, find someone who wants to be involved.

October 25, 2006, 2:16 pm CDT

Quote From: zabbyzib

I was lucky enough not to have to go to work both my son and daughter were in school full time. Then I worked part time so I was home by the time they got home. I was able to nuture them like I needed to. I got to have that "time" I needed with them to do the mother school things I needed to with them and vacation bible school with them. As they grew up I gave them more and more reponsibilities around the house. It made them feel really good because they always "helped" me anyway. I knew "someday" they would HATE IT! LOL! The time came when High School hit I went to work full time because childsupport didn't cut it anymore. Things were expensive by then, they were older and could REALLY help with chores get some spending money to help me and if they didn't they didn't get "paid". I started thinking more about "ME TIME" too! I joined an aerobics class, ran by my cousin. Later she opened a gym and I began bodybuilding. Low and behold I got really good and was the only 37yr old body builder in a state show who took 4th place! I became an instructor in aerobics and trainer in bodybuilding and health. Today after 9yrs I am a strokesurvivor. This is what saved my life Doctors said. I should have died but I had the "ME TIME" My eldest, who is my daughter said she was happy for me that I took that time but was REALLY glad I did because of my stroke. Robin, YOU ARE A DOLL! Dr Phill YOU ARE A GREAT MAN AND JUST MAKE GOOD COMMON SENSE to me! ZZ
Don't short change yourself  - maybe you didn't work outside the home but being a stay-at-home mom is work too - some of the hardest work out there!

October 29, 2006, 6:47 am CST

I DONT KN WHAT TO DO PLS.

DR PHIL AND ROBIN,AM A NIGERIAN AND LIVES WITH MY PARENTS. I AM AN UNDERGRADUATE,STUDYING AGRICULTURE.BUT THE WAY AND MANNER MY FATHER TALKS TO ME IS SO RUDE AND INSULTIVE.HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS FOR ONCE AND THAT HIS ATTITUDE HAS ACTUALLY MADE ME GO INTO DRUGS FINDING COMFORT IN IT.PLS HELP ME TO STOP THIS HABIT OF MINE,BECAUSE AM GOING WILD!

October 17, 2007, 8:20 am CDT

HAPPY 21st JORDAN!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDDAY , JORDAN. Stay safe. I hope college is going well.

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next Page | Last Page