Message Boards

Topic : 10/05 Attack in the Night

Number of Replies: 53
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 29, 2006, 09:48:42 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
On a quiet night in mid-May in beautiful Orange County, California, Greg and Estela Becker were viciously attacked by a man with a hatchet as they slept in their bed. Despite sustaining head and neck wounds from their attacker, they were able to push him out of the room, and Greg ran for help. Their attacker escaped, and police are still working to locate him. In the meantime, an entire community struggles to find peace in what once was a safe neighborhood. Greg and Estela's twin 9-year-old daughters saw their parents covered in blood, adding to the trauma of this event. Their next-door neighbors, Anne-Marie and Billy Linas, were shocked by what they saw when Greg ran to their house for help. Dr. Phil meets with this community to discuss how they can move forward and feel secure again. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2006, 7:17 am CDT

ATTACK IN THE NIGHT

I agree that none of us know what we would do until faced with this situation.  HOWEVER, as responsible, mature adults, we are suppose to prepare ourselves INCASE this happens.  Such as, an alarm system in the home or better yet sleeping with a gun next to your head.  If these people would have had a gun, one of them at some time would have gotten to the attacker & killed him before he could have harmed them worse or their children.  You can outrun a hatchet a lot better than he can outrun a bullett.  There are so many out there who don't believe in having a loaded weapon in a home w/children.  GET THIS...you can teach & discipline your children NOT to go in your bedroom & NOT to touch a gun, loaded or not.  They also need to know the difference between a toy gun & a real one.  I was raised in a home all my life with a loaded .22.  I never once thought of touching it because I knew that it was dangerous.  I now sleep w/a LadySmith 9 mml next to my bed.  I go to the gun range to practice and have my carry license.  I'm not saying I would enjoy it, but if it comes between my life or the atacker, he is dead!  Remember, criminals will always have guns.  In today's world, we need to proctect ourselves & our loved ones.  A gun never killed anyone until it is put in the hands of an idiot!

October 22, 2006, 5:54 pm CDT

Topic : 10/05 Attack in the Night

Im was glad to see that couple survived. That is scary. Someone breaks into your house and attacks you while your sleeping. What in the heck is wrong with someone who would do that.

It would be understandable to not want to move back into that house. Who would want to live there with constant memories of that attack. That would be difficult to be attacked while sleeping then have to get up while half asleep to have to protect yourself and your family.....

January 10, 2007, 10:43 am CST

Don't get mad - get even!

Recommendation: take classes in practical pistol shooting!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page