Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 10, 2006, 5:13 pm CDT

To Todd

hi,i'm 16 and would love to chat with your son justin he can email me at chrgrs2008@aim.com. i feel bad when he poured his soul out to jessica and when he asked  if jessica loved him.do you have custody of tyler? i hope so.

October 10, 2006, 6:22 pm CDT

Taking Care of your Children: Priority #1

Quote From: blooge9

in seeing all the turmoil in this house, unfortunately, I think the best thing that could ever happen, happened. I really think that you tried to keep the family together but i dont think you could get by all her lying and deceitfullness. your blowups were a total dertriment to your kids and just added to the pressure of the situation. She was in a la la land mood and never really tried to remedy the problem. shre just used it as a chance to get on TV and that was obvious. Good luck to you and the kids.

Hi Todd,

I truly believe that if you make your children your number one priority you will never be sorry.  I also believe that when you do that, everything else will fall into place.  Someone will come along when you least expect it but your children should get as much attention as you can spare so they can grow up whole and healthy.  They need you now.  Love them as hard as you can because they will be grown before you know it.  They are innocent victims in all this and need your full attention.  I was so glad to see that you seem to be on that track on the last show.  God bless you and your sons and thank God Jessica's ex-husband got custody of the other boy.  Maybe he will have a chance now.  Keep on truckin' and know you and your boys are being prayed for.  Also, maybe if you could tell them you were wrong in the way you handled the situation then they won't grow up to do the same things.  God bless.

October 10, 2006, 6:27 pm CDT

Not all bad!!

I am from the town that these two are from, are we best friends? No--but I have seen how they interact with their children and they are good parents. They do right by their children and give them anything they want and need.  We all need to remember that real life can't be depicted on "the Dr Phil house" --we saw these two in a very heated environment that only brought the worst of them out-when truly they are good people.  I mean really can you honestly say you "like" your spouse every hour of every day---some people just weren't meant to be. It's just that though they weren't meant to be husband and wife, but being mom and dad is a different story. Just because they can't work things out and their life seems a total mess doesn' t mean they can't parent. Maybe these 2 should cease being "husband and wife" but they do not deserve the scrutiny they are getting on here as "mom and dad". They are good parents and have each done a wonderful job raising their boys.

October 10, 2006, 8:44 pm CDT

TO TODD AND THE BOYS

HI,

What needs to be done is the get yourself together for the boys and yourself.  Those boys need you as a parent, and positive role model.  You are doing it !!!  Jessica is just a self serving, self centered person, and you all are better without her !!!!

Todd you have done the best of what you were dealt with and came out pretty good.  The boys are thriving, you've lost weight and are looking good and feeling better.  You will find a woman who is worthy of you and your boys.  It may take a while, but you will find her and she will only make the bonds you have even stronger and better.

I have nothing but admiration, belief in what you are doing, and faith in your new family.

May God Bless each and every one of you !!! I will pray things keep getting better from here on out.

October 11, 2006, 5:36 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

I do not think many viewers were surprised this marriage did not work. Tood's behavior is

typical of a man who had an affair with Jessica to start the relationship.

If the cameras had followed them on the plane trip home, I am sure Todd stayed on her the

entire trip. Todd cannot help himself. Todd may not have physically abused her, but he has destroyed her with emotional and verbal abuse. Bumps and bruses heal in a week or two. The mental bruises and injuries may never fully heal.

I do hope the entire family, including Jessica, is getting counseling.

October 11, 2006, 7:55 am CDT

WHAT????

Quote From: nichkyres

I am from the town that these two are from, are we best friends? No--but I have seen how they interact with their children and they are good parents. They do right by their children and give them anything they want and need.  We all need to remember that real life can't be depicted on "the Dr Phil house" --we saw these two in a very heated environment that only brought the worst of them out-when truly they are good people.  I mean really can you honestly say you "like" your spouse every hour of every day---some people just weren't meant to be. It's just that though they weren't meant to be husband and wife, but being mom and dad is a different story. Just because they can't work things out and their life seems a total mess doesn' t mean they can't parent. Maybe these 2 should cease being "husband and wife" but they do not deserve the scrutiny they are getting on here as "mom and dad". They are good parents and have each done a wonderful job raising their boys.

Are you CRAZY!!  I don't think anyone who has an eight year old child talking about suicide deserves a clapping hand for parenting.  If you consider them "wonderful parents", I sure hope you don't have children of your own.

October 11, 2006, 8:05 am CDT

Right On !

Quote From: jayemoney

Todd...Please cease with all of the drama queen responses and focus what little parenting skill you have on your children...they need you, this website does not.  Your posts are clear indications that you have a long way to go and a lot of work to do.  And please practice the GROWING UP that you are recommending to others.

You are right on with this one.

I enjoy reading Todd's posts,  particularly the ones he types in 3rd person like we don't know who he is - duh !  

Todd :  you are the one that just got a huge dose of reality from all of the fallout from appearing on national TV.  Now make something positive out of it and stop your angry tirades and foul mouthed bullying ways.    

Certainly you must have considered the fact that you would open both yourself, Jessica, and your kids up to public scrutiny by asking to go on stage before the world with your reprehensible behavior. 

You put it all out there for all the world to see buddy ......  and now you don't like some people's opinions do ya ?  You are the one that needs to grow up and be a good parent !  Set an example your children can be proud of and learn from.  

October 11, 2006, 9:11 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Quote From: nurse_asylum

I'm sorry. I will have to disagree with this qoute. Jessica is cold because Jessica is cold.  No man should be able to take all your emotion away to the point that you would be cold to your own children too. That is ridiculous. Im sure when she was pumpin these other men she sure made some emotions. Things sure where hot then!!

Jessica was not the victim here. if you seen all 3 shows, its clear that Jessica has a voice. When she is ready she can be just as vicious.

DId you notice how initially, when Jessica confessed the first affair, she was crying and saying she felt she was an awful person etc etc. When Todd sits close to her and tells her he forgives the affairs and wants to work on the marriage, her tears miraculously dissaperared. Her second confession, that it wasn't the first time, almost seemed like she was stabbing him in the heart with the news. What happened to the sad, poor jessica crying sorrowfully for her mistake(s). you could turn her emotions on and odd like a light switch. That's not genuine. She wanted the easy way out. When she realized the fist confession wasn't enough to push Todd away...she went for the plunge...with a vengence and you could see it in her face.

If Jessica was so fed up she should have used  Dr. Phils house to come clean and find away to move forward. If that meant separateing or even divorce learning, and preparing to make it as painless as possible for the children, and as peaceful as possible for herself and Todd. Why all this drama, why make promises you never intend to keep, and now after Dr. Phil has brought you thus far, you refuse to have a follow up???

WAKE UP. 

Like they say "Can't judge unless you have walked in the shoes". I am not defending her, but I see where she is coming from. Unless you have lived in a relationship like this you can't judge. I judged my Dad for years cause he cheated on my mom and we haven't talked for years. I now understand why he did what he did, wrong as it was, and I should never have judged. I am sure you have skeletons in your closet to my dear. Difference is you are too afraid to expose them.

October 11, 2006, 10:01 am CDT

Some people need a 2 ton brick to wake them up

Quote From: poppycock

First of all, I pray that each of the three young men will walk the productive, successful path in life; as opposed to being destructive as they've seen for far too long in their young lives...No more suicidal thoughts!

Secondly, I certainly don't condone the behavior of either Todd or Jessica. I could easily throw out comments such as many of the ones made on this board. But I won't, because I know I've made my own mistakes. We all have, and I find it interesting that so many can be so harsh when no one is void some type of skeleton in their closet. Difference is, Todd and Jessica chose to let the world know about theirs.

Jesus said, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...(John 8:7)." There sure are a lot of stones flying around.

I would send them holy water ,rosaries and  a bible but  the reason the stones are flying is the 8 year old threatened suicide which Dr. Phil said is almost non-existant at that age, and Justin had to ask if Jessica ever loved him................... Just like a fish does not know water, T and J were unaware of their behavior because they were in the middle of it. It might just take a 2 -ton brick to wake some people up to what they are doing . I would say to Justin, right now your Mom isn't able to give much and like Dr. Phil said ,she will try and reconnect in the future when she is able. Right now, don't worry about trying to get water from a stone - it just doesn't work yet. I hope things go really well for these boys. Please don't quote the bible to eliminate free speech on the messageboards - they came to the show to learn and the messageboards are a continuation of their learning . SOmetimes the opinions get quite strong but you have to take them with a grain of salt, too. I know you had the best intentions with your posting. ANd it is a good point for us to remember. The show will help many of us understand our own relationships better. :>) Thanks for your opinion.. :>)

October 11, 2006, 11:45 am CDT

A quick aside

Quote From: nichkyres

I mean really can you honestly say you "like" your spouse every hour of every day---

Ya Huh... Yep Yep Yep... Totally adore the man 24/7

He's thoughtful, sweet, sexy, smart and he has an Aussie accent.... don't get no better then that.

------------->insert grin, giggle and eyebrow wiggle here <-----------                                 

First | Prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next | Last