Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 11, 2006, 12:09 pm CDT

Todd bad-mouth Jessica? Please.

Quote From: bluedane23

I totally agree.  Todd and Jessica need to get a divorce, go their separate ways and concentrate on the mental health of their kids.  If they remain together its going to get a lot uglier.  I don't imagine Todd every forgiving Jessica.  Todd's ex-wife, must be enjoying this, after all Todd cheated on her with Jessica.  Talk about Karma...

<i>My big fear now is that Todd has no controls in how he bad-mouths Jessica to the boys, he can just blast her 24/7 (not that everything he says isn't true, about what a cold, uncaring person she is - but look at him!!) </i>

You saying that is quite funny.  It is actually the exact opposite.  He says NOTHING to badmouth Jessica around those boys.(yes, I know for sure)  My concern is that she is actually badmouthing Todd while she has Tyler.  God knows she stresses that poor kid out enough as it is.

October 11, 2006, 3:38 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

I think that Jessica only agreed to do the show to get her 15min of fame.  I thought she was lying all the way to the very end.  If she really wanted to work things out with Todd she wouldn't have gone back to her apartment when they got home.  Todd you and the kids are way better off without her!  Best of luck in the future!  Jessica you need to grow up!

October 11, 2006, 3:59 pm CDT

Well, this is my last post in this topic, & this is for both Todd & Jessica. Todd: I'm sorry that you were treated this way, & I'm sorry for judging you earlier. However, like Dr. Phil said, you have to back off of your spouse, don't keep getting in their faces, or anything like that. No woman would want that. But it's nice to hear that you made a remarkable change. I wish you best of luck & your children. And do please try to stay away from women who are married, OK? Jessica: Now, I'm not going to judge you like all of the other posters here, because I'm not that kind of person (And I shouldn't, anyway). But I am going to give you some good advice. First of all, Your children should be your NUMBER ONE priority! Relationships with men come & go, but relationships with your children last FOREVER, even when they turn 18. I'm sorry to hear that you lost custody of Seth, but when he reaches 18 in four years, then you'll be able to see him again (legally). And when that happens, please open up to him, & Tyler, & show them that you really care about them. You'll regret it one day if you don't get back in their lives real soon. Second, do you honestly think that the men you're sleeping with care about you? They don't, & they are using you. Think about it. What would happen if you were to get pregnant, or even worse, catch a disease? Then they'll bail out on you, & then what will you do? You shouldn't do this as no woman should keep doing, because you're setting yourself up for more hurt & pain. You're worth more than that. And finally, I hope that you're getting some serious counseling & therapy. You should concentrate on working on that before you jump into any more relationships. What made you become so cruel? Did you had a bad childhood or anything? Tell us about it. I will pray that you'll become a better person one day. Consider this advice worth taking, & remember what I said. I will be looking forward to a follow up on this real soon.

October 11, 2006, 7:45 pm CDT

Quote From: fmthomas

This is why we need and should have a permit to have children.

This family has two main agendas (1) his obsessive need to know her every thought, (2) her knowing this controls him by withholding information and thereby losing respect for him, and him for himself.

Watching your father be emasculated everyday is not a pretty sight for a child ESPECIALLY BOYS.

They need to separate and get DEEP counseling.  No trust No love.

She doesn't respect him and he needs to find his manhood.

For all their sakes!!!

Thank-you

October 11, 2006, 7:46 pm CDT

Quote From: fmthomas

This is why we need and should have a permit to have children.

This family has two main agendas (1) his obsessive need to know her every thought, (2) her knowing this controls him by withholding information and thereby losing respect for him, and him for himself.

Watching your father be emasculated everyday is not a pretty sight for a child ESPECIALLY BOYS.

They need to separate and get DEEP counseling.  No trust No love.

She doesn't respect him and he needs to find his manhood.

For all their sakes!!!

Thank-you

October 11, 2006, 7:54 pm CDT

I agree

Quote From: katldy73

I think that Jessica only agreed to do the show to get her 15min of fame.  I thought she was lying all the way to the very end.  If she really wanted to work things out with Todd she wouldn't have gone back to her apartment when they got home.  Todd you and the kids are way better off without her!  Best of luck in the future!  Jessica you need to grow up!
I thought that from the first show, Jessica was only there to be on tv.  She didn't sound like she had any sincere intentions on working on their marriage.  They need to go on with their seperate lives. They should just concentrate on being good parents and get divorced.

October 12, 2006, 12:23 am CDT

The truth is always the best way

Dr. Phil had Jessica pegged right from the start all the way to the finish. He knew she was having an affair and near the end he asked her if someone else has stolen her heart.  Why couldn't she have just came clean and told the truth at the beginning if she had any intention on working on her marriage? But, if was quite obvious she never had saving her marriage anywhere on her mind. The tell-tale signs for me were when she was able to turn the tears on and off like a faucet and when she wouldn't talk to her lover in front of her husband or at least go into another room and tell him it was over and also how upset when she wasn't the one to call off the relationship. And when they returned home and she went right to her apartment, well, what else can you say? I just hope Todd continues with therapy, shows his sons lots of love and spends lots of quality time with them. Like someone else said in one of the messages: STAY AWAY FROM MARRIED WOMEN. Remember. You can't find happiness in someone elses misery. Todd, you get that anger under control, get some counseling, and you'll find that right gal for you that will be a great mom for those boys. Jessica, please find you a good therapist and find out why you are so self-destructive. Please stay in contact with the boys. Please let your wall down just a little when your with them and show them some real emotion. I hope the very best for the entire family.

October 12, 2006, 12:49 am CDT

Quote From: betmorton

I think Dr. Phil got taken to the bank on this one. He ended up giving the wrong family a chance at reconciliation. It is good that the children will receive some help.The mother was dishonest from the beginning. Her body language and her actions indicated she was not focused on healing her family (who gets a restraining order against your husband before going off to LA with your husband?). She never intended to get back together with her husband. I think she was there for the wrong reasons. And I feel so for the oldest boy. Imagine living with a mother who can turn on and off emotions at the drop of a hat! No wonder he questions if she ever loved him.
You're so right. This family was such a waste on Dr. Phils first debut of the Dr.Phils house. Jessica had NO intention on working on her marriage. And her referring to Todd as a fat orange, I wonder if she has mirrors in her house? The way she looks! And at the very beginning with her screaming and slapping the oldest boy. That's when Todd should've acted like a real man and got his child away from that lunatic or kicked her butt out the front door. But, the whole ordeal with both of them using the foul lanuage around those kids and just knowing how miserable they were just wanting their parents to SHUT UP. I feel so bad for them. Jessica and Todd are grown but they are little ones without a choice. God help them and God be with Dr. Phil as he does make a difference in lives everyday even though I just imagine when he gets home at night he ask Robin, WHY DID I EVER AGREE TO THIS????? God Bless You.

October 12, 2006, 9:14 am CDT

Quote From: kyviewer

<i>My big fear now is that Todd has no controls in how he bad-mouths Jessica to the boys, he can just blast her 24/7 (not that everything he says isn't true, about what a cold, uncaring person she is - but look at him!!) </i>

You saying that is quite funny.  It is actually the exact opposite.  He says NOTHING to badmouth Jessica around those boys.(yes, I know for sure)  My concern is that she is actually badmouthing Todd while she has Tyler.  God knows she stresses that poor kid out enough as it is.

I am just glad it's over between them.

October 13, 2006, 9:41 pm CDT

pls let people know how the children are doing

pls let us know how the cildren are doing. the parents need to be prosecuted for child abuse. they are both major verbal/ emotional abusers. and the children deserve better, should be taken away by child protective services.

as part of their punishment, the "parents" (who dont seserve the title) should have to watch/ hear themselves on tape 24/7 for 6 months. they are sick, MUST be prosecuted, and hopefully they will never, ever "breed" again. they do not deserve the title of "parent"...... are nothing more than "breeders".

those poor kids.............

First | Prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next | Last