Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2006, 6:54 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Quote From: leona21921

I wonder if Todd was verbally abusive BEFORE Jessica decided to have an affair.  If so, then SHE should have filed for divorce BEFORE she had her affair.  It's not hard to understand his frustration and anger over the fact that his wife betrayed him.

As far as Jessica "making a mistake", she hasn't owned it yet.  She denies it, then side-steps it, then blames everyone else.

The preview of the show mentions Todd and the boys.  It appears that Jessica has flown the marital coup.  No surprise there.  I hope that Dr. Phil finds help for the boys.  I also feel that this family is well rid of her and can now begin to heal.

I think that it's maybe because Jessica is dealing with too much stress from her husband & from her mother-in-law, & needs some time alone. Perhaps that she married the wrong person, or that she doesn't want to be married at all?

October 9, 2006, 6:56 am CDT

RE: Todd and Jessica

The thoght that comes to my mind about these two is: if I had to choose between a physical beating and all the emotional beating that Todd is dishing out, I believe I had rather have a physical beating. He never shuts up! I had rather be alone than to have to listen to his mouth 24/7, 365. I really don't know how it ended, it went to a special report, but I will check it out later.

October 9, 2006, 6:56 am CDT

Dr.Phil is good but is he good enough!

I love Dr.Phil and all of his advice and I don't want to be negative here but I truly think that he isn't going to get through to the parents.  She doesn't want to be married to him and he just wants to control her and never forgive her for cheating, he will now always have that hold on her.

THE ONLY THING I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY DID DR. PHIL BRING IN THE MOTHER-IN-LAW KNOWING THAT HER AND JESSICA DON'T GET ALONG, HAVEN'T THE BOYS BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH!  HE SHOULDN'T OF BROUGHT THE MOTHER-IN-LAW IN THERE IT JUST CREATED MORE HAVOC.

Good Luck Dr.Phil, you'll need it w/ this couple!

Topeka, KS

October 9, 2006, 7:00 am CDT

JESSICA LIED TO THE BITTER END

I think Jessica only pretended to agree to work on the relationship in order to get one last dig at Todd. The term is "gaslighting" - a way to torture someone, like her husband, by constantly calling his behavior wrong and abusive, when in fact her behavior is wrong and abusive. Jessica is worse than cold with "walls", as she admitted to pacify Dr. Phil, she is pathologically selfish.

Dr. Phil, how did you fall for all the lies? You were right in there, telling Todd he was abusive. Has anyone told Jessica she is abusive? It looks like the final attack woke Todd up, he does care about the children and he is reading Dr. Phil books to learn how to do better.

Could anybody who gets to see this show fill us in on the last 15 minutes? The show was interruped by a press conference just when Dr. Phil was going to talk to the children.

October 9, 2006, 7:20 am CDT

Enough

Enough with Todd and Jesisica...............move on to another show.

October 9, 2006, 7:24 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

I'm not surprised that this couple are not together anymore. I thought from the start that they wouldn't be. I'm kinda glad tho that the father of her first son now has him. I hope that his life is quieter and more peaceful. As for thie 8 year old I think Todd got him, but because the President broke through the last 12 minutes. As for Jessica, I hope your getting some kind of help. As far as I can tell you have had at least 3 affairs. I guess vows and love doen't really mean anything to you. As for the man you have had this one with I would watch out if I were him. You have done it on two other men you professd to love what's to say you won't step out on him and as the old saying goes if he did it with you, he'll do it to you.

October 9, 2006, 7:31 am CDT

I don't understand

I don't understand why Dr. Phil won't get those boys away from those two in a safe place where he can begin to rebuild their self esteem!  They are in his house and are still listening to their parents throw their stuff at each other, so where are they better off or safer, emotionally?  As a parent, it is exasperating to me to see how desperate and upset and lost these boys are and Dr. phil needs to help them and put the parents in the background until these boys have some sort of a life line!  PLEASE Dr. Phil, you are letting these boys drowned!

October 9, 2006, 7:40 am CDT

Amen to that

Quote From: case1955

Enough with Todd and Jesisica...............move on to another show.
I couldn't have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 9, 2006, 7:54 am CDT

relly todd did make a big improvement

he was a winer yes but he did end the problem and move on  so it seems, and the children smiled for the first time scense all this began, its always a joy to see a child smile,

October 9, 2006, 7:57 am CDT

wow i see where jessica got 70 votes so far hehehehe

how can anyone think she improved in any way? for one she has turned her back on her owne children, not a very loving thing for any mother to do for pleasures of the flesh.!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last