Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2006, 7:58 am CDT

Once is too Many

Quote From: sherlyn

I love Dr.Phil and all of his advice and I don't want to be negative here but I truly think that he isn't going to get through to the parents.  She doesn't want to be married to him and he just wants to control her and never forgive her for cheating, he will now always have that hold on her.

THE ONLY THING I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY DID DR. PHIL BRING IN THE MOTHER-IN-LAW KNOWING THAT HER AND JESSICA DON'T GET ALONG, HAVEN'T THE BOYS BEEN THROUGH ENOUGH!  HE SHOULDN'T OF BROUGHT THE MOTHER-IN-LAW IN THERE IT JUST CREATED MORE HAVOC.

Good Luck Dr.Phil, you'll need it w/ this couple!

Topeka, KS

Honestly I think once is to many.   All it would take is one time for my husband to have an affair and that would be the end of a Happy Marriage.  If you have an affair one time, my feelings are you would always be looking for it to be better else where. So, either live your life with what you have now or end it before you want to have an affair.   Sex can be great any way you make it.

October 9, 2006, 7:59 am CDT

Todd & Jessica

Dr. Phil,

In my opinion, your advice to Todd is excellent.  Todd needs to know that if he hangs in there with his children, there will be rewards.  Raising children takes every ounce of energy and attention one has. 

Jessica's outbursts were a displacement of her anger and frustration...caught between husband and lover.

Thanks for the good you do for so many people.

October 9, 2006, 8:06 am CDT

The middle son

I am glad to hear his bio dad has custody, but the middle son will still need help to get over the past nine or more years of misery, not to mention being separated from his brothers. Is Dr. Phil helping him?

October 9, 2006, 8:32 am CDT

thank goodness they split!

Narcissistic, immature, oblivious, self-serving - why do people like this procreate? I said before that CPS needed to be in on this, weeks ago. These poor boys don't stand a chance, yet these nincompoop parents say they didn't realize how bad they were until they saw the tapes? How self-absorbed can one be? My big fear now is that Todd has no controls in how he bad-mouths Jessica to the boys, he can just blast her 24/7 (not that everything he says isn't true, about what a cold, uncaring person she is - but look at him!!) and that except for there being TWO adults going at it they're not much better off with her of the house. I believe more than ever now, and suspected from day one, that her only motivation for agreeing to participate in the program was her narcissistic need to get her face on television, a free trip to California, with no interest in turning her family's plight around. Pathetic. My heart breaks for those children.

October 9, 2006, 9:30 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Quote From: im2bizzy2

Narcissistic, immature, oblivious, self-serving - why do people like this procreate? I said before that CPS needed to be in on this, weeks ago. These poor boys don't stand a chance, yet these nincompoop parents say they didn't realize how bad they were until they saw the tapes? How self-absorbed can one be? My big fear now is that Todd has no controls in how he bad-mouths Jessica to the boys, he can just blast her 24/7 (not that everything he says isn't true, about what a cold, uncaring person she is - but look at him!!) and that except for there being TWO adults going at it they're not much better off with her of the house. I believe more than ever now, and suspected from day one, that her only motivation for agreeing to participate in the program was her narcissistic need to get her face on television, a free trip to California, with no interest in turning her family's plight around. Pathetic. My heart breaks for those children.
I totally agree.  Todd and Jessica need to get a divorce, go their separate ways and concentrate on the mental health of their kids.  If they remain together its going to get a lot uglier.  I don't imagine Todd every forgiving Jessica.  Todd's ex-wife, must be enjoying this, after all Todd cheated on her with Jessica.  Talk about Karma...

October 9, 2006, 9:32 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Quote From: mm70122

Todd life is better on the outside.  If she cheated twice and trust me she will cheat the third time around.  You will never be able to trust this  woman ever again.  After, putting the children and your health in jeopardy that is enough to blow the roof off the house.  Life is too, too, precious to waste time on a woman that donot begin face her mistakes.  Jessica will never, ever be faithful to you or the children and the next man.  I believe children needs stability in their lives.  Children need loving , caring, healthy, and understanding parents.  Physical, emotional, and  verbal abuse is not acceptable in these kids lives.  Todd and Jessica needs to go there seperate booths.  You know in the long run or walk, The children get hurts if Todd and Jessica  stay together or go their seperate ways.  Remember The Children Pays Dearly!!!!!!!!!
What comes around goes around.  Didn't Todd cheat on his wife with Jessica?  Serves him right!

October 9, 2006, 9:37 am CDT

Thank God & Greyhound!

OH MY GAWD, I hope we never have to see this couple again.  They make my stomach turn.  I haven't seen the show yet, just the commercials for it; but, Jessica's whine feels like nails on a chalkboard and big Daddy needs to take his mom and hit the road.  The kids would probably be better off with a neighbor.  Haven't seen one adult yet with any sense (except the good-ole doc).  I see so many other people and situations in my area alone that would love to have the doctor help sort out their situations.  Jessica acts as if she won the lottery getting to be on the show and Todd - well, although he is getting his guts kicked in by HER, I also do not think he came there to fix things.  Maybe just expose them.  Heart break for the boys tho.  I honestly do not see how in the world they are going to make it, except with Dr. Phil being on their team.  I feel so bad for them when they are listening to those two cat-fight in the other room.  Imagine how it is at home when cameras are not rolling.  See 'em, see 'em - wouldn't wanta be 'em.

October 9, 2006, 9:39 am CDT

ENOUGH

ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The man is abusive and would be attacking her no matter what she has done.  It is very apparent that he attacks and she defends.  May be that is why she was so cold during conversation with step-son.  Again she in the defense mode. 

Her choices have been bad---she need to find a way retain her own personal power--without involving men.  A true Co-dependent always has someone at the back door.

And after seeing this I don't understand why you DO NOT !!    REMOVE THE KIDS.  Give them a time out... away.

October 9, 2006, 9:44 am CDT

They Split?

Quote From: im2bizzy2

Have you already seen todays show?  Did they really split?  I hope so.  I cannot stand that woman and can barely tolerate Todd.  Do the kids get a chance with someone else?  The kids deserve better than that war-zone.   I agree with you on the "free trip crap."  The day Jessica walked into the house, all she could utter was "oh how pretty."  Gag me.  And narcissistic is the word I have for her too.  She truly thinks she is all that, walking all over her man.  Did CPS get in on it?  Show don't come on until 3 p.m. in Dallas, TX.  Guess I'll have to wait to see it,  Don't need to see it to know that couple is doooooomed! 

October 9, 2006, 9:48 am CDT

Are you kidding?

Quote From: bluedane23

I totally agree.  Todd and Jessica need to get a divorce, go their separate ways and concentrate on the mental health of their kids.  If they remain together its going to get a lot uglier.  I don't imagine Todd every forgiving Jessica.  Todd's ex-wife, must be enjoying this, after all Todd cheated on her with Jessica.  Talk about Karma...
Those two will never concentrate on the mental heath of their kids - or anything else about their kids.  Can they not see those boys faces?  Can they not hear the pain in their voices?  They don't give a rat's butt about those kids.  Jessica is waiting for her next lay and Todd is going to be right behind her to nag her about it.  One day, someone is going to get very hurt in that house.  People kill each other over stuff like this!  Somebody in this family needs to find a better home for those boys.  I wouldn't allow my pets to stay in their home.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last