Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2006, 10:26 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

I've watched every Monday. I think this women is a total loser!!!!!! She doesn't deserve to have children, she's extremly selfish, hyprocitical, irrogant person. I think Todd has issues as well, but he's  better father than she will ever be a mother. For whatever reason he loves her, and wants to work on his marriage. I think they are doing much more harm to these boys by staying together.

Honestly, these two have very low self esteems. They should both concentrate on losing weight, as well as getting proffesional help. This women thinks she's all that and a bag of pork rines! She annoys me to know end.

October 9, 2006, 10:53 am CDT

It's time for them to move on

Todd and Jessica should never have been together.  She was married when they hooked up.  What did he expect?  What they have put those kids through is nothing short of disgusting.  She is definately a self-absorbed person that only thinks about herself.  It is painfully obvious that she does not want to be married to Todd.  They both need to work on themselves and their children before either one of them could have a successful relationship with each other or anyone else.  What a sad situation.

October 9, 2006, 10:54 am CDT

FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T WAIT TO KNOW

On Dr. Phil's home page, midway, there is a section called Dr. Phil uncut. If you want to spoil the end of the show, there is a video to watch showing how it all worked out. Todd has been reading Dr. Phil's books and has lost 20 pounds in 2 months already. Not a lot for a guy, especially as big as he was, but it proves he is making changes.

October 9, 2006, 11:25 am CDT

Very sad indeed.

Quote From: onesassychik77

Todd and Jessica should never have been together.  She was married when they hooked up.  What did he expect?  What they have put those kids through is nothing short of disgusting.  She is definately a self-absorbed person that only thinks about herself.  It is painfully obvious that she does not want to be married to Todd.  They both need to work on themselves and their children before either one of them could have a successful relationship with each other or anyone else.  What a sad situation.

It's very sad indeed. I wish that Jessica would at least be in the children's lives. If she doesn't soon, then she will most likely regret it. But Todd did cheat on his Ex-wife with Jessica in the first place. So I say, he gets what's coming to him. Remember the old saying goes like someone said earlier, "What goes around, comes around". But I will be praying for them & their kids that their lives will get better in the long run. Plus both Todd & Jessica need to get some professional help & serious counseling before they can jump into any more relationships.

October 9, 2006, 11:49 am CDT

As the Donald would say

These two parent's have both done what should be written in the book of NOT TO DO'S when raising a family or being married. The parents both need to grow up and take a good look at what type of people they have both become as adults. The children have been put through enough and I hope that Dr. Phil  will do the right thing and follow up with those boys to make sure they do not fall thru the cracks. The kids looked so frightened and yet so grateful when he spoke with  them yet the parents seemed so distant and cold. The parents have had children that they do not want or know what to do with, that's obvious. One is so angry and the other is well, just sleezy. So, let them take there no class acts somewhere else and not mess up another generation of fine young men that deserve better. Our world needs leaders and it all starts in the home. I hope Dr. Phil gives them a good hard look at themselves and gives those boys a good strong foundation to leave the show with. They need some follow up counseling so agencies can help them to grow and see that it is not there fault that there parents are a mess. But, those parents in my book should both be " FIRED! "  This was a sad show for me and I am saddened to think that there are so many other parent's out there that think more of themselves and there problems than the loving  family there are suppose to be raising.

October 9, 2006, 11:58 am CDT

Quote From: ozlin42

In my opinion Todd is very verbally and emotionally abusive to his wife. It is no wonder that she eventually ended up having an affair. He drove her into the arms of another man just to get some peace and affection in her life. I have lived with just such a man and if you haven't lived it then you don't know what it is like. I sat and watched the first and second shows and I watched as she tried her best not to be drug into an arguement with him while he screamed and cursed at her and asked her questions that he had no business asking her. If he doesn't want to be with her and doesn't think he could ever trust her then he needs to walk. As far as the kids are concerned I don't think either one of them should have them at this point. She needs some time to herself to get some peace from this awful man. Like Dr.Phil said at one point. 'This is the most stuborn man I have ever seen.' He deserves just what he gets. I for one will never allow some man to control me like that ever again nor talk to me like that ever again and neither should she. It is like someone backing you into a corner and poking you with a stick until you finally snap and let them have it and then they turn it on you and say you have the anger problem.
I agree here. Until you have lived in this situation, or something similar, you have no idea. You feel like you can't even breathe in a relationship with a man like this. I admit she has said her share of lies and he has room to be angry, but don't judge unless you have walked in their shoes. I feel for these children. They do need counseling, but this will show them what TRUE respect for a spouse should be. They learned a valuable lesson in a very harsh and horrible way. I wish these children well.

October 9, 2006, 12:28 pm CDT

Why were these poor boys brought to the house?  Why weren't they left home with the Mother in Law?  I can see no reason why these poor little boys had to listen to this.  They've been listening to it at home.  It would have been much better to bring just Todd and Jessica to the house, let them have at each other, and let these boys have some quiet time without them!

Suzanne

October 9, 2006, 12:46 pm CDT

I don't understand

Can you explain to me how somebody would be wiling to air their dirty laundry on national TV like the Todd & Jessica Soap Opera?  I kept telling my wife I think they are all actors scamming Dr. Phil because I couldn't comprehend the way they acted on TV; especially with Jessica continuing her liason with another man while the whole world watched.  This boggles my mind.

October 9, 2006, 1:04 pm CDT

I agree to disagree!

Quote From: sadie2doxy

I agree here. Until you have lived in this situation, or something similar, you have no idea. You feel like you can't even breathe in a relationship with a man like this. I admit she has said her share of lies and he has room to be angry, but don't judge unless you have walked in their shoes. I feel for these children. They do need counseling, but this will show them what TRUE respect for a spouse should be. They learned a valuable lesson in a very harsh and horrible way. I wish these children well.

I had such a marriage as they did but I did not go and seek another man out because I was miserable,wot is the point of that especially with kids involved????

Instead I left after 10 yrs of marriage to a controlling arse,unfortunately where my kids were concerned my case is a wee bit more unique due to them being Native American,but I'm getting off the topic here,going out and finding another man will only make things worse,I have had mates who have done that and it was them that wound up getting bit back in the arse,tis karma me thinks,I told my youngest daughter when she wanted to know I had left that in order for me not to become abusive to them due to my rage and hatred towards their dad that I would do it exactly the same way,I would rather have my kids come from a broken home than to have them live in a home full of anger and mistrust,I knew that the day I threw a toy at my son I had to get out,it was not intentional but unfortunately the toy (cast iron truck) bounced off the wall and hit my sons wrist,that image will be with me for the rest of my life....

Anyway in my opinion tis wrong to go seek intimacy from another man while still in the same home,tis my cuppance!

October 9, 2006, 1:07 pm CDT

The Boys!

I am so thrilled to know that they have moved on but I was saddened a wee bit to hear the oldest boy ask Dr.Phil if Jessica loved him at all....to me he is still seeking her love as I did as a child trying to win my sperm donors love,never happened but this boy I feel as his brother will do just fine now without that toxic wench around!

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last