Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2006, 1:16 pm CDT

I KNEW it!!!!!!!

I've been suspecting it from Day One. And, knowing it for a week now. That Jessica was never willing to end her affair.

Otherwise, she would'ver made that phone call Todd was begging her to. And, told her co-worker their affair was over. Telling Todd she wasn't ready was a dead giveaway that she had no intention of ending the affair.

And, what did Jessica do, the minute she got home? Went straight back to her affair.

I  never "got" her agenda. Why she came to the Dr Phil House in the first place. 

With that restraining order against Todd, she obviously wasn't there to work on the marriage. She only had It revoked because Dr Phil wouldn't let her stay the without him.

And,  she kept lying through her teeth to Dr Phil and his staff, denying the affair. Only in the face of undeniable evidence did she "come clean" about it. Finally admitting she'd had the affair. But not that she wasn't going to end it.

Now, she's back at it. And, The marriage that began as an affair itself, is over. Didn't Todd know. If she'd cheat with him, she'd cheat on  him? Guess he knows now. .

October 9, 2006, 1:18 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Both of them deserved exactly what they got.  These people are the perfect example of why no one should be able to have children without a license.  I'm not talking about making mistakes; every parent does that.  But intentionally and knowingly continuing those mistakes - that's unforgiveable.

October 9, 2006, 1:28 pm CDT

I hope these kids get the help they need

Now that the parents have "decided" to divorce (was there ever a doubt in anyone's mind?) I hope that the children get the help they need, even if it means Dr. Phil turning them in to Child Protective Services.  Obviously, Mom doesn't care how much she hurts her children; I'm not sure where I stand on Dad.  But if they are refusing to get them mental health care, they need to be forced to.  Please keep up on these children and make sure they are OK; we don't need anymore child suicides or angry teenagers bringing a gun to school.

October 9, 2006, 1:30 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Quote From: etracey

Can you explain to me how somebody would be wiling to air their dirty laundry on national TV like the Todd & Jessica Soap Opera?  I kept telling my wife I think they are all actors scamming Dr. Phil because I couldn't comprehend the way they acted on TV; especially with Jessica continuing her liason with another man while the whole world watched.  This boggles my mind.

I think Todd wanted the marriage to survive. Otherwise, IMO, he would've left Jessica when he began suspecting her of having the affair. And, I think he was being honest with Dr Phil. Jessica's the one I think was trying to scam Dr Phil.

She lied to him and his staff about the affair until they presented her with undeniable evidence. But, after finally owning up to the affair, she went right on lying. And, right back into the affair the moment her plane landed.

I never could understand why she came to the DPH in the first place. With no intention of :"coming clean" about the affair. Or, ending it. What was her damn agenda? That's what puzzles me.

October 9, 2006, 1:32 pm CDT

What was Dr. Phil's answer??

Quote From: iceire

I am so thrilled to know that they have moved on but I was saddened a wee bit to hear the oldest boy ask Dr.Phil if Jessica loved him at all....to me he is still seeking her love as I did as a child trying to win my sperm donors love,never happened but this boy I feel as his brother will do just fine now without that toxic wench around!
I did not get to see Dr. Phil talk with the sons, could someone please fill me in? What did Dr. Phil say when the oldest asked if Jessica loved him at all? How is he to deal with being abandoned like that after nine years of her as his step-mom?

October 9, 2006, 1:38 pm CDT

DING DONG THE WITCH IS GONE!!!! (DEAD WAS NOT APPROPRIATE)

I don't think Todd is a horrible person, I think his wife made him that way.  Think about it, if your s/o was cheating on you and they wouldn't fess up to it you wouldn't leave them alone either.  He found out, but then he wanted some more answers.  Jessica, don't even get me started on that sorry excuse for a wife and mother.  She did a terrible thing when she got back, not leaving her husband, but walking away from her step-son the way she did.  What a shame.  She will get whats coming to her in the long run. I hope that Todd finds someone that really loves him and respects him as a husband and a father, again i don't think Todd is really like what we saw on the show, he was so over stressed about the whole thing, and i don't blame him for anything that he said to her.  It was all wrong to do in front of the children, but I hope Todd is awarded custody of the youngest so they all can get on with their lives in a healthy way.

October 9, 2006, 1:41 pm CDT

I WAS those children and they need to QUIT!

I listened to my partents fight like that for 2 years before they finally called it quits. As Dr. Phil always, the only thing worse than being from a broken home is Living in a broken home! When 2 ppl's objective becomes to make eachother's lives as miserable as possible it is time to get out!

I layed in bed for 2 years wishing my Dad would leave and never come back, or die. I hated him for fighting with my Mom ( I found out years later he hated her b/c she had an abortion).  When he finally told her he was having an affair and was leaving I was was SO releived!!!!  That's sad for a 10 year old.  My Mom freaked out, cried for 2 weeks, begged him to come back and I was the only sane one. Telling her, RU crazy?? you don't want him back!

These people are totally NOT thinking about the kids, they would be better off if their parents weren't married!

October 9, 2006, 1:42 pm CDT

Three boys!

I am shocked at what I have seen by both adults!  Don't they understand that it is no longer about them but it is about the three boys!  I think this women needs a serious dose of reality!  She sleeps around not once but twice and then goes on national television to announce it not only to her husband but to the boys and the rest of the world.  She is a selfish woman and if she was here in front of me I would like to show her exactly how she portrays herself.  She loves being the center of attention but can't step up to the plate and take roll that she needs to for the sake of those boys!  And if he is such a big orange slob then maybe she should stop sleeping around and spend some time with him by taking a stroll so that he has no excuse for being as she says a big fat orange slob!

Just one womans opinioun!

October 9, 2006, 1:45 pm CDT

Very sad

First let me say I love you dr. Phil!! It is very upseting to watch this show! That women plays the victim way to much. Her husband is hurting I know that he is on her 24/7 but he is afraid of what she will do next you can see what she did the cheating is killing him! I feel the most sorry for those kids she and him are so self obsorbed they don't even see what those kids are going through!!! I feel so sorry for the step son she has no right to treat him like that he seems like a caring kid going through a lot and she is a complete jerk to him!! I think dr. Phil should call on the parents maybe it woiuld open their eyes that they could lose those kids!! I really think that man would be better off without her in his life I think the kids would be to! I am not saying that he is a good man but sometimes you can be better without the other person dragging you down!!! I hope it all works out the best way weather its toghether ot not!! Dr. Phil will fix it the right way!!!

October 9, 2006, 1:46 pm CDT

stupid..Parents

Quote From: raveness1072

Both of them deserved exactly what they got.  These people are the perfect example of why no one should be able to have children without a license.  I'm not talking about making mistakes; every parent does that.  But intentionally and knowingly continuing those mistakes - that's unforgiveable.
I agree with u.. People dont know what they are doing to the kids till it is to late...

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last