Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 7, 2006, 7:43 pm CDT

Go Ahead and call Rabinowitz, Rabinowitz and Rabinowitz!!!

I’ve watched all of the 1st three shows involving this family. Sadly, I agree with the others on this board. This man and this woman have separate agendas. I don’t believe that Todd is on Jessica’s agenda and neither are those kids. I’m not real sure exactly what Jessica’s goal was in even coming to the house. Todd’s so angry and controlling that he is unable to focus on anything other than driving her further away by following Jessica just to engage in further loud, enraged banter.

What I do know is that physical violence with the oldest son and ongoing angry, hostile exchanges are NOT part of any kind of health environment for the children. Having an 8 year old who’s expressing thoughts of suicide hasn’t changed their behaviors. MAJOR RED FLAG!!! If having your 8 year old thinking that death would be better than living in the home and THAT ALONE doesn’t produce immediate and profound change, nothing will!

October 7, 2006, 9:06 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

What goes around comes around.  Did anyone catch that Todd had an affair his wife, while she was married to someone else?  That is why one can never marry someone they cheated with... how can you trust each other?

I don't agree with always telling a spouse about an affair. This guy could have gone off on the deep end and killed his wife.

I think the two need INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING first and then see where that leads them.  They need to be separated in the mean time. 

The kids should stay with who they feel the most comfortable with... 

October 7, 2006, 10:22 pm CDT

Both Of These People are a Mess!

I think both of these people are a mess in their own way.  Jessica is obviously a liar and doesn't have any more respect for her husband than to cheat on him.  Not just once but twice.  She is only concerned with herself and what she wants.    

Then you have Todd,  well if he has always talked to her and cussed at her like he does on the show it's no wonder she is unhappy in the first place!  I never seen such a mouth on anyone in my life.  I'd just like to take a great big bar of soap and shove in it in his mouth and give is a big twist.  What kind of an example is that setting for those boys?  A horrible one!   They will grow up and talk to their wives just exactly like he is talking to her.  In some ways you can hardly blame her for being uphappy and looking else where for man that is nice and good to her.  I can't stand to hear a nasty mouthed man.    Hasn't he ever heard the old saying "You can catch more flies with honey than  you can with vinegar"?  He's just awful, if I had to live with him every single day and his abuse, I'd want to jump off the nearest cliff.  He is so controlling.  There is never a minutes peace without his constant verbal abuse. 

I feel very sorry for these boys being in the middle of this.  Todd is doing nothing but teaching them to grow up and be abusers to their wives, talk nasty and be disgusting.   

Jessica is doing nothing but teaching them it's ok to lie and cheat within a marriage. 

Personally, I have no idea which one of these two deserves these boys.  I'd say neither one if they don't clean up their act.  I don't like either one of them personally.     I doubt very seriously there is much hope for this marriage either.  I can't imagion him ever forgiving her for the affairs.  If I was her, I would have a hard time ever forgetting the way he had talked to me.  She may have been deserving for her actions, but still, she would have been much more likely to have wanted to clean up her act and stay in the marriage if he would have been a nicer person.  There are always two sides to every pancake.

October 7, 2006, 11:13 pm CDT

Finally!

Todd life is better on the outside.  If she cheated twice and trust me she will cheat the third time around.  You will never be able to trust this  woman ever again.  After, putting the children and your health in jeopardy that is enough to blow the roof off the house.  Life is too, too, precious to waste time on a woman that donot begin face her mistakes.  Jessica will never, ever be faithful to you or the children and the next man.  I believe children needs stability in their lives.  Children need loving , caring, healthy, and understanding parents.  Physical, emotional, and  verbal abuse is not acceptable in these kids lives.  Todd and Jessica needs to go there seperate booths.  You know in the long run or walk, The children get hurts if Todd and Jessica  stay together or go their seperate ways.  Remember The Children Pays Dearly!!!!!!!!!

October 8, 2006, 3:02 am CDT

The House Family:

Quote From: yellowrosetx

What goes around comes around.  Did anyone catch that Todd had an affair his wife, while she was married to someone else?  That is why one can never marry someone they cheated with... how can you trust each other?

I don't agree with always telling a spouse about an affair. This guy could have gone off on the deep end and killed his wife.

I think the two need INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING first and then see where that leads them.  They need to be separated in the mean time. 

The kids should stay with who they feel the most comfortable with... 

I use the words very loosely, Todd is so controlling and condescending, that it is not funny, and Jennifer is one of the biggest liars I have seen in a long time. If her lips are moving she is lying. Todd reminds me of the classic person that feels he need to control everyone and doesn't realize that he has no control at all. Sometimes I almost don't blame Jennifer for not talking to him, because he uses brow beating, to get the arguing started. But what people don't realize is that what goes around comes around. Now the two of them were having an affair, that's how they got together, and now she is doing the same thing to him. If I had my way I would remove the children and put them in a safe place and lock the two of them up forever. Now he wants to beat someone up for being with a woman who only knows how to manipulate people. Leave the two of them at the airport and let them walk to Ky. that will stop the arguing for a while.

Poor children, my heart goes out to them. I thank God that my stepdaughters did not have to live in that.

October 8, 2006, 4:38 am CDT

Family's last chance

Hi Dr. Phil,

I have to agree with alot of the people on here, and that is to save the boys.  Jessica does not want this marriage to be saved, you can see that.  She lies and wants to play the victom here.  I feel that the marriage will never be saved because there is to much deceet and her husband will never be able to trust her fully.

I'll be watching the show.

Carm

October 8, 2006, 4:41 am CDT

Todd's a Jerk!

In my opinion Todd is very verbally and emotionally abusive to his wife. It is no wonder that she eventually ended up having an affair. He drove her into the arms of another man just to get some peace and affection in her life. I have lived with just such a man and if you haven't lived it then you don't know what it is like. I sat and watched the first and second shows and I watched as she tried her best not to be drug into an arguement with him while he screamed and cursed at her and asked her questions that he had no business asking her. If he doesn't want to be with her and doesn't think he could ever trust her then he needs to walk. As far as the kids are concerned I don't think either one of them should have them at this point. She needs some time to herself to get some peace from this awful man. Like Dr.Phil said at one point. 'This is the most stuborn man I have ever seen.' He deserves just what he gets. I for one will never allow some man to control me like that ever again nor talk to me like that ever again and neither should she. It is like someone backing you into a corner and poking you with a stick until you finally snap and let them have it and then they turn it on you and say you have the anger problem.

October 8, 2006, 5:05 am CDT

Save the kids!

In my opinion, this couple is refusing to put any effort into repairing this marriage. they seem to want to be right instead of happy. and they don't seem to care what those boys hear from them.

The good Dr. Phil has more patience with them than I would. I think they should be reported for child abuse. maybe then they will have a wake up call.

October 8, 2006, 7:04 am CDT

Have to agree

Quote From: vonnielou

I think both of these people are a mess in their own way.  Jessica is obviously a liar and doesn't have any more respect for her husband than to cheat on him.  Not just once but twice.  She is only concerned with herself and what she wants.    

Then you have Todd,  well if he has always talked to her and cussed at her like he does on the show it's no wonder she is unhappy in the first place!  I never seen such a mouth on anyone in my life.  I'd just like to take a great big bar of soap and shove in it in his mouth and give is a big twist.  What kind of an example is that setting for those boys?  A horrible one!   They will grow up and talk to their wives just exactly like he is talking to her.  In some ways you can hardly blame her for being uphappy and looking else where for man that is nice and good to her.  I can't stand to hear a nasty mouthed man.    Hasn't he ever heard the old saying "You can catch more flies with honey than  you can with vinegar"?  He's just awful, if I had to live with him every single day and his abuse, I'd want to jump off the nearest cliff.  He is so controlling.  There is never a minutes peace without his constant verbal abuse. 

I feel very sorry for these boys being in the middle of this.  Todd is doing nothing but teaching them to grow up and be abusers to their wives, talk nasty and be disgusting.   

Jessica is doing nothing but teaching them it's ok to lie and cheat within a marriage. 

Personally, I have no idea which one of these two deserves these boys.  I'd say neither one if they don't clean up their act.  I don't like either one of them personally.     I doubt very seriously there is much hope for this marriage either.  I can't imagion him ever forgiving her for the affairs.  If I was her, I would have a hard time ever forgetting the way he had talked to me.  She may have been deserving for her actions, but still, she would have been much more likely to have wanted to clean up her act and stay in the marriage if he would have been a nicer person.  There are always two sides to every pancake.

They are both wrong.They deserve each other.But the children don't.I think the children should be removed from them till they know how to raise their children.I think both parents are abusing those boys in each of their own way.They don't deserve such wonderful children.

October 8, 2006, 7:18 am CDT

Jessica

Jessica is an absolute egotistical witch and Todd is a jerk.  She will never be committed to this relationship - nor to the betterment of her family and especially her kids.  Dr. Phil, you have your work cut out for you on this one!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last