Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2006, 8:36 am CDT

I dont know about all this

Until all of the people live in their shoes, you are seeing  whats on tv , I mean c;mon, get real do you really think thes people are that horrible. What you are seeing on TV is just that TV !! They pick out what they know people want to see  Yes there are problems, but I would bet some of you people have had knock down drag out fights. And as for Todd getting so mad at her about the affair, that he would kill her, c'mon . I think he handled it very well . As for Jessica yes she has her problems as well , but it is buried alot deeper than any of you will ever know . She is hurting as well as he is, they get caught up in all the B.S in there lives and do not know always they are doing it . As for the kids yes they have had to endure , alot in thier lives, but are you all so sure of your selves that these kids are as bad off as it sounds . The 8 year old did threaten suicide but do you all know the circumstances behind it, are you sure it was not for another reason ? The message boards where met more for constructive criticism , and a sound board to let peopl talk about problems, that they have , and what they can relate to the show . And most on here would rather Bash , sounds to me like hang Todd and Jessica , and kill them both, so why don't you all just be more forgiving and understand they came on the show , because they needed help, watch the whole show before you judge . I think everyhbody needs to take a step back and take a deep breath . But hey that my honest opinion, and you know what everybody has one!!!!

October 8, 2006, 8:38 am CDT

Todd and Jessica's unhappy marriage

This couple needs to seperate until they get some counseling.  They are so caught up in blaming each other for their problems that they have lost sight of the impact on the kids.

October 8, 2006, 9:35 am CDT

Mom and the boys

If I would have not witnessed how Dr Phil was able to help seemingly unhelpable people, I would also mistrust the wife, and see no hope for change. But if there is even a little sincerety in her statement: "I feel like such a horrible person" than with dr phil help she could be straiten out and him, the hard-headed husband too. But it is such a work, that i think they should separate and start their relationship anew.

About the boys:

For them to know that their mother, stepmother cheated on their father who was faithful, ...and to forget about all her cussing and demeaniong yelling at him seems to me the biggest problem.

I am curious  how the ever optimist (with real basis ) Dr Phil can doo this time.

October 8, 2006, 9:46 am CDT

Dr. Phil house family

It's a shame that the children have to be put in this situation. I have to feel for the man and kids in this story. I know where he is coming from. He should justsend this woman on her way, and find someone who wants to be a part of a family. She has NO remorse for having the affair, or she would not have hidden it for this long and she would have been honest from the beginning. NO matter what the cost to her. I know it ruined my first marriage.

THE CHILDREN DESRVE BETTER!!!!!!!! the children should be the most important part of these two's life

October 8, 2006, 10:16 am CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

You shouldn't be wishing Jessica bad luck or things like that. Most of you are getting on her case, but what about Todd? He isn't a very nice person as it seems by verbally abusing her. If a woman were to verbally (or physically) abuse me, I'll be heading for the hills, too. And now he wants to try to go to jail to beat up another person, as I'm sure that many charges will be brought up against him for that, & if he lands in jail because of this, it would be all his fault, & he'll have a messed up record. He could be just man enough to let it all go. That's what I would've done if that was me. Not only that, but by bringing his mother into the mix, by saying "I will bury her", as she's causing some of the problems, too. That's certainly not ladylike for her to say those things. We shouldn't judge others. We're all human beings & we make mistakes. It will already be bad enough if Jessica pops in on this message board & starts reading all of these hateful messages towards her. I'm not defending her, all I'm saying is, just let it be. Not too many things will change between them, & that's if they want to. And they should be concentrating on helping out the children if the marriage doesn't survive.

October 8, 2006, 10:18 am CDT

SAD COUPLE

This couple will not make it. I don't know which is more immature or self centered. He is a bully of the worst kind and she can't stay away from other men. Not that I blame her, he is a jerk.....

In their heads they are not even thinking of  those poor kids. It's difficult enough to raise a family in a healthy home, but these boys don't have a chance. I only hope it is not too late for them to realize there are parents out there that love each other and love their children.

Let me guess what happens. They split and he ends up living with his mommy to sort things out in his head. She ends up with one of the boyfriends. They continue to fight over the biological kids even if they really don't want them...................

October 8, 2006, 12:25 pm CDT

david and goliath

i can't for the life of me understand how dr. p chose this family.  they are quite immersed in the destructions of their pasts.  i didn't notice a sincere effort on the adults involved in this chaotic melange of issues.  my hope is that  the children will benefit from dr. p's intervention.  their future is of the utmost urgency. as for the couple, too much water under that bridge, to much garbage in their past, to much to forgive and forget with each other. dr. p would have to have this topic for the rest of his life in order to make a lasting change. can't see how he picked this particular family. dr p you must have a lot of time on your hands.  talking about david taking on goliath.  no way david wins this time.

October 8, 2006, 12:51 pm CDT

Too people who act too ugly for words...

These two need to seperate and divorce. However neither are emotional mature enough to properly raise these children.  My  biggest fears are for these boys.  These children need a trermendous amount counseling and help.   I am very worred about the boys.

October 8, 2006, 12:54 pm CDT

You need to grow up

Quote From: audy412

This couple will not make it. I don't know which is more immature or self centered. He is a bully of the worst kind and she can't stay away from other men. Not that I blame her, he is a jerk.....

In their heads they are not even thinking of  those poor kids. It's difficult enough to raise a family in a healthy home, but these boys don't have a chance. I only hope it is not too late for them to realize there are parents out there that love each other and love their children.

Let me guess what happens. They split and he ends up living with his mommy to sort things out in his head. She ends up with one of the boyfriends. They continue to fight over the biological kids even if they really don't want them...................

You have no idea what is going on, to say he is living with his mom, and she is with a boyfriend, and they are fighting over the biological child, GROW UP . And you to say they don't want them PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZE. It may be reality , but you need to grow up and find reality !!!!!!

October 8, 2006, 1:33 pm CDT

just the way it is

Quote From: manofgoods

You shouldn't be wishing Jessica bad luck or things like that. Most of you are getting on her case, but what about Todd? He isn't a very nice person as it seems by verbally abusing her. If a woman were to verbally (or physically) abuse me, I'll be heading for the hills, too. And now he wants to try to go to jail to beat up another person, as I'm sure that many charges will be brought up against him for that, & if he lands in jail because of this, it would be all his fault, & he'll have a messed up record. He could be just man enough to let it all go. That's what I would've done if that was me. Not only that, but by bringing his mother into the mix, by saying "I will bury her", as she's causing some of the problems, too. That's certainly not ladylike for her to say those things. We shouldn't judge others. We're all human beings & we make mistakes. It will already be bad enough if Jessica pops in on this message board & starts reading all of these hateful messages towards her. I'm not defending her, all I'm saying is, just let it be. Not too many things will change between them, & that's if they want to. And they should be concentrating on helping out the children if the marriage doesn't survive.

it seems to me that they both have issues, and yes this may not all be Jessica's fault, but the way she is acting you must agree it's making her look more of the "villain" then a "victim".  now as for the boys, I completely feel for them, and yes this situation is going to cause them a lot of heartache in the future if not here already.

Neither parent is ready to look at anything else and see what they are doing to people around them. their attitudes are amazing, but I feel they are savable, not so much with their marriage but of themselves. the only reason, I feel, a women will cheat is if she feels she is neglected, or not appreciated at home. Some times a man with a violent nature doesn't look towards the future they only live for the day. You can't tell me that neither one of these parents can't see what they are doing to these children. I think they just put the kids in a " oh.. they will bounce back" box.

I was one of those parents, but it took me separating from my husband and us finding help separately, to realize that i am worthy of love even after i cheated on my husband. And for him-- he is worthy of love even when everyone rejects him. After finding this out, and i know this sounds a bit selfish, it was only then that my eyes were open to see just how it did affect my children. My husband and i are back together and I do have two children that were from two different men within the time of our marriage. it is a hard walk but we both forgive each other and these children are beautiful and smart and actually turned out to be a blessing if you can believe that. Jessica may feel like she really deserves to be treated this way, and he feels betrayed, and it is really hard to forgive, but in this case i feel counseling separately is the key (cause then there is no one there to blame) and then a building of self worth should be next.

As for the boys, they watch everything and if they see that their parents are doing this to change their lives for the better they may start to trust the parents enough to allow the parents then to parent them...what do you think?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last