Message Boards

Topic : 10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:39:48 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s their final day in The Dr. Phil House, and Todd and Jessica don’t waste any time getting into a heated argument. Then, they have their last meeting with Dr. Phil, who tells them what they both need to do when they get home in order to repair their marriage. Are both Todd and Jessica committed to saving their relationship? Plus, a stern warning from Dr. Phil about parenting their children. Did they take Dr. Phil’s advice? Find out as he follows up with this family two months later. One of them is conspicuously absent in the follow-up and the other reports some sad news. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More October 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2006, 2:00 pm CDT

The House

Quote From: odiane

This couple needs to seperate until they get some counseling.  They are so caught up in blaming each other for their problems that they have lost sight of the impact on the kids.
I think that this couple should just go their separate ways so that the poor children can have a fair chance at a good life. The husband is very abusive both mentally and verbally and the mother is not to be trusted. She lies and schemes and is a very bad example to the children as is their father. Why beat up a man - look to himself and see what he is. They are both utterly disgusting in appearance and in action. Good luck Dr. Phil!!

October 8, 2006, 2:25 pm CDT

Little hope U N L E S S

There really doesn't seem to be much hope for this family.  I agree, they are both immature!  Neither one wants to be the stronger person and accept responsibility for their own actions.  Now that Jessica has admitted that she has had affairs, she's playing the victim even more than before.  "I feel like such a horrible person"....ya think!!  I don't see a lot of hope for this family.  Todd is going to hold it against her for a long time to come.  They have lived this way and are used to treating each other like scum.  Todd does not seem to be able to control his emotions and Jessica is a liar.  Someone needs to step up to the plate and be the hero...forgetting the past and moving forward.  Todd isn't going to be able to do that and Jessica can't see to tell the truth.  Maybe it would be better if they split.  These kids do not deserve this.  Dr, Phil is will have to be apart of their lives for a long, long time if they stay together.  He will have to monitor them just to keep them on track.  They are so immature!  I am afraid that with the kids seeing and hearnig everything, they are learning that this is what marriage is all about and how to treat your partner.  How sad!  Neither one of them deserves these kids!

October 8, 2006, 3:46 pm CDT

oil and water

These two are like oil and water..Both of them need some serious counseling. I think they should seperate before they do more damage to their two boys!  I just don't think they can make it...too much damage already done to the relationship. Unfortunately the kids will pay the price later if they  don't call it a day and go their seperate ways.

October 8, 2006, 5:46 pm CDT

OH MY Gosh!

My family and I watched this show on Monday as I was preparing for surgery on Tuesday.  I wish I hadn't!  I got so depressed.  The mother and father of this family are so engrossed in themselves that they don't even care that the the children are victims to this horrific drama!  I was so afraid that the husband would physically injure his wife after her confessions of infidelity...and I was amazed with what calmness he sat there and listened to her confessions.  I think that these people are so immature and uncaring and the boys are suffering more than they are.  I pray that God gives you much wisdom in dealing with these people.

October 8, 2006, 9:22 pm CDT

10/09 The Dr. Phil House: A Family's Last Chance, Part 4

Dr. Phill,

Why can't the family work it out? They know it isn't good for the children to be around that enviroment.And it is not good for the adults to be acting out of control that is what is wrong today in the world. Is that adults acting like children when they ought to be acting like adults and children sitting arround all that .                  thanks

October 8, 2006, 9:27 pm CDT

what made me.

I believe in GREAT part was my grandparents all the love & support. I cant say they did a better job then my parents, but they all farmed me with love & RESPECT towards others showing me, yes i think most parents do that but the reason that I'm HAPPY is because they showed me how to maintain that farm they once started ..how to continue to be a unique individual. I'm working hard to RETURN all this back to the community HAVE centers where the parents as well as the children are educated. Life is not all about money or a position in life. in my point of view is the position you have within yourself.

October 9, 2006, 3:42 am CDT

It Can work!!!!

I was 17 when my we found out that my mother cheated on my dad.  They were spit up for  almotst a year and half, but they still did things together such as go out to dinner and to see a movie, things like that and on saturdays was our "family day" where we all 4 did stuff together.  They saw a marriage counsler and talked or yelled amoung themselves while they were out.  My little brother and I were NEVER around.  It was hard on us not knowing what was going on, but I believe it was better that way so we didn't blame ourselves or get upset when they started to argue.  They did whatever they had to do to put our family back together and it worked!!!!! 4 years later their marriage is still standing strong.  Probably even stronger than before.  The point is that those kids do not need to listen to that.  As a child still myself I know what that does to a person inside.  They won't know how to deal with it and they'll start to rebel. (drugs, alchol, ect... which is what I did).  They need to know that they're loved and that this mess will be fixed one way or another.  KIds need to be worried about kids stuff, not adult stuff, and for some odd reason we think about the adult stuff when we hear or know whats going on.  I was very mad at my mom for a long time for ruining our family, but I've learned that people make mistakes, and if jessica and her husband TRULY love one another they can make it work.

October 9, 2006, 3:48 am CDT

Quote From: odiane

This couple needs to seperate until they get some counseling.  They are so caught up in blaming each other for their problems that they have lost sight of the impact on the kids.

LIKE DR.PHIL ALWAYS SAID IF THEY DO IT WITH YOU THEY WILL DO IT TO YOU (cheat).THEY BUILT THIS REALATIONSHION ON DISHONESTY,THEY BOTH CHEATED ON THEIR FORMER PARTNERS.JESSICA WILL NEVER CHANGE,SHE WILL ALWAYS CHEAT ,I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH DRAMA,SHE SHOULD BE KNOWN AS "DRAMAQUEEN"INSTEAD OF JESSICA.

DR.PHIL TOLD TODD THIS FAMILY NEEDS A HERO,NEITHER ONE LOOKS LIKE A HERO WITH THE TEMPERS,CURSING &SHOUTING .

THESE 2 INNOCENT KIDS NEED HELP,WHERE IS TODD& JESSICAS FAMILY CAN THEY NOT HELP THE BOYS?THESE CHILDREN WILL NEED TO SEEK THERAPHY WHEN THIS MESS IS OVER.

October 9, 2006, 5:10 am CDT

Quote From: manofgoods

You shouldn't be wishing Jessica bad luck or things like that. Most of you are getting on her case, but what about Todd? He isn't a very nice person as it seems by verbally abusing her. If a woman were to verbally (or physically) abuse me, I'll be heading for the hills, too. And now he wants to try to go to jail to beat up another person, as I'm sure that many charges will be brought up against him for that, & if he lands in jail because of this, it would be all his fault, & he'll have a messed up record. He could be just man enough to let it all go. That's what I would've done if that was me. Not only that, but by bringing his mother into the mix, by saying "I will bury her", as she's causing some of the problems, too. That's certainly not ladylike for her to say those things. We shouldn't judge others. We're all human beings & we make mistakes. It will already be bad enough if Jessica pops in on this message board & starts reading all of these hateful messages towards her. I'm not defending her, all I'm saying is, just let it be. Not too many things will change between them, & that's if they want to. And they should be concentrating on helping out the children if the marriage doesn't survive.

I wonder if Todd was verbally abusive BEFORE Jessica decided to have an affair.  If so, then SHE should have filed for divorce BEFORE she had her affair.  It's not hard to understand his frustration and anger over the fact that his wife betrayed him.

As far as Jessica "making a mistake", she hasn't owned it yet.  She denies it, then side-steps it, then blames everyone else.

The preview of the show mentions Todd and the boys.  It appears that Jessica has flown the marital coup.  No surprise there.  I hope that Dr. Phil finds help for the boys.  I also feel that this family is well rid of her and can now begin to heal.

October 9, 2006, 5:20 am CDT

Quote From: blgspc

Ive watched all of the 1st three shows involving this family. Sadly, I agree with the others on this board. This man and this woman have separate agendas. I dont believe that Todd is on Jessicas agenda and neither are those kids. Im not real sure exactly what Jessicas goal was in even coming to the house. Todds so angry and controlling that he is unable to focus on anything other than driving her further away by following Jessica just to engage in further loud, enraged banter.

What I do know is that physical violence with the oldest son and ongoing angry, hostile exchanges are NOT part of any kind of health environment for the children. Having an 8 year old whos expressing thoughts of suicide hasnt changed their behaviors. MAJOR RED FLAG!!! If having your 8 year old thinking that death would be better than living in the home and THAT ALONE doesnt produce immediate and profound change, nothing will!

Maybe the reason that Jessica decided to do the show was so that we could see how verbally abusive Todd is to her, thus finding an excuse for her adultery and taking her side.  Maybe this was her way of exposing Todd as the bad guy, and making her look good.  It didn't work.

I'm not excusing Todd's anger, but she was indeed having an affair and lying about it.  He had to have sensed that.  He asked her again and again.  She lied.  She continued her affair.  If Todd was that bad BEFORE the affair, she should have left the marriage first, before "dating".

And BOTH parents are equally abusive to the children.  On show #1, it was SHE who physically assaulted the older son, while HE didn't step in.  Later Todd is seen saying horrible things to the mother of their children in front of the kids.  While Jessica probably deserved the verbal lashing, it wasn't right to say those things in front of the kids.

I hope the kids gets help, but this marriage is doomed.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last