Message Boards

Topic : 06/08 Teen Plastic Surgery

Number of Replies: 303
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 05, 2006, 04:46:27 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date 10/13/06) Last year alone, more than a quarter of a million kids had plastic surgery, and it's a growing trend. Nineteen-year-old Krystal says she'll never feel beautiful until she gets breast implants. Her mother, Kristi, and her sister, Katie, have both had plastic surgery -- and want even more -- but strongly object to Krystal doing it. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, Diana wants her daughter, Bri, to get plastic surgery on her neck, arms, stomach, thighs and breasts -- and Bri is only 12 years old. Diana believes it will make Bri prettier and help her fit in among her peers. What message is this sending to Bri? Plus, one teen's plastic surgery nightmare taught her a valuable lesson -- the hard way. She hopes her story will be a warning to other girls before they go under the knife. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2007, 11:28 am CDT

Surgey complete

flower65,

Just letting you know that her surgery is complete and she is at home.  It took 7 hours to do.  They took 1400 grams off right side and 1100 off the left side.  So she has a drainage tube on both side.  We go back Friday for to get drainage tubes out.  She will be out of school for 2 weeks, out of band and PE for 4 weeks.  If any chages I will let you know.

September 3, 2007, 11:11 am CDT

06/08 Teen Plastic Surgery

Quote From: saylerfan

flower65,

Just letting you know that her surgery is complete and she is at home.  It took 7 hours to do.  They took 1400 grams off right side and 1100 off the left side.  So she has a drainage tube on both side.  We go back Friday for to get drainage tubes out.  She will be out of school for 2 weeks, out of band and PE for 4 weeks.  If any chages I will let you know.

So happy for her.  It takes alot of courage to go ahead with something like this, but I know her life will be better because of it.  She'a also lucky to have a mother like you.

June 3, 2009, 6:21 am CDT

So, today TV was my mirror.

I just saw this a minute ago. I've seen a lot of things before that touch me but not one of those things have made me s anxious to come here and register just to comment.

I'm 18 now, but I looked so, so much like Bri a few years ago, her size, her hair and even her face look so much like mine. I know exactly how she feels because I am still so much like her. I bet we'd had so much to talk about...

(I have to state out though... our moms are nothing alike. "It's unfortunate Bri looks the way she does" was an awful thing to say.)

I believe I know how she feels like 'cause I feel like that. I don't want to look like some Kate Moss or Heidi Klum, I just want to be normal weight. Sure a thought of a surgery has crossed my mind but I know that I am able to lose weight without a surgery. I know it's a possibility and I've tried though it never lasts for long 'cause my self-discipline is so insignificant.

But here's the deal about me on the inside. I know I am a good person. I know I'm a good friend. I know I am able to make a difference and I have. I run a lot of projects and organizations because I CAN. I have affected lives and that's more important than my weight.

Do I still want to lose weight? Of course I do, and I'm still trying. I don't get any help from anywhere to do so, not anymore, but I'm trying myself and that's how it kind of should be. This is between me, and me. I still have those days when I cry because I can't go out 'cause I feel such shame and sadness over what I look like. But during the past year I've learned that I am pretty at times. I really am. And I really, really

First | Prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next Page | Last Page