Message Boards

Topic : Love Being Single

Number of Replies: 393
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:07:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you single and loving it? Share your story with other happy singles!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 31, 2007, 2:56 am CDT

single-flag carrying and proud

I definately love being single especially since i stay in South Africa and am terrified of anything to do with the opposite sex right now as u can never be sure what desease they might just bring to your life.  Being single has allowed me to tell myself things  that i wished to hear from others, and not just guys but family and friends included.  I love and am comfortable with who i am to the point that i really believe i am all ineed right now.

May 31, 2007, 6:25 am CDT

Love Being Single

Quote From: sithulee

I definately love being single especially since i stay in South Africa and am terrified of anything to do with the opposite sex right now as u can never be sure what desease they might just bring to your life.  Being single has allowed me to tell myself things  that i wished to hear from others, and not just guys but family and friends included.  I love and am comfortable with who i am to the point that i really believe i am all ineed right now.

Great for you! If you can't love yourself, how can anyone else, right? I prefer to be happy before I enter a relationship. In that way, I ensure I have a lot more to give, and I'll be a lot more stable.

May 31, 2007, 2:07 pm CDT

Love Being SIngle

It is not for everyone, but, it is for me.  I work fulltime, overtime, volunteer, have lots of family and friends.  I stay very busy and have very little time to rest, or for myself.  I enjoy my peace, quite

and privacy when I am alone.  I was married for several years and I got my divorce because

of an unfaithful husband.  There is no trust and respect once that happens and I had to move

on.  I have been very indepent.  God has taken good care of me.  I think being single is where

God intends for me to be because He has taken care of all my needs, blessed me and made

me very content in my circumstances. 

May 31, 2007, 7:49 pm CDT

I think it's a process

Quote From: aggredior

Question then: Have you figured out who you are?

I'm the same age you are, and I have never really dated seriously, and it's completely fine to be OK with that.

Self-discovery is a lifelong journey.  It's coming along well.  You are fun to talk to so back at ya!  Have you figured out who you are?

May 31, 2007, 11:45 pm CDT

Love Being Single

Quote From: sunshine80

Self-discovery is a lifelong journey.  It's coming along well.  You are fun to talk to so back at ya!  Have you figured out who you are?

That's the honest truth, it is a lifelong journey. I can say that I know who I am, but I think it's more truthful to say I've become comfortable with who I think I am;)

Cause I'm not sure we can ever figure out who we are, partly because we change so much it's hard to keep track, partly because there are just too many layers.

I feel self-discovery isn't just about finding who we are, but also finding out who we don't want to be, and changing to the better. Through self-discovery, we'll find issues with ourselves we're not comfortable with, and change them. Self-discovery is like a vacation; you can either sit at the hotel room and watch TV, or you can go see Machu Picchu. Whatever we choose, it's your own choice, but it'll seriously affect your chances to learn from it.

A few days ago, I saw a commercial with the catchphrase "We are what other people think of us," and that made me kind of annoyed, cause I'd rather life my life after another quote, namely "We are who we choose to be." So, the question of the day, in my opinion, isn't "who am I?" but "Who do I want to be?" Hope that made sense to you:)

-Mac

June 1, 2007, 8:41 am CDT

Good Answer

There are so many layers and I like to turn the negatives in (that you are just bound to come across) in life into positives.  I try to take and learn as much as I can from every situation.  It's just a habit of mine.

June 1, 2007, 7:09 pm CDT

I fully agree!

There are so many layers and I like to turn the negatives in (that you are just bound to come across) in life into positives.  I try to take and learn as much as I can from every situation.  It's just a habit of mine.
If life's a journey, you can either choose to drive, or to hitch a ride. But if you're driving, you'll be a lot more attentive. We all need to know ourself. What I find a bit amusing, is that a lot of people seem to be too afraid of what they might find to even try and make the journey. I think that's really sad, but it's the way people often choose.

Your habit is very good. The moment you get past the fear of being honest with yourself, is the moment you see how much there is to learn

June 1, 2007, 10:06 pm CDT

That made me smile and think of a quote

If life's a journey, you can either choose to drive, or to hitch a ride. But if you're driving, you'll be a lot more attentive. We all need to know ourself. What I find a bit amusing, is that a lot of people seem to be too afraid of what they might find to even try and make the journey. I think that's really sad, but it's the way people often choose.

Your habit is very good. The moment you get past the fear of being honest with yourself, is the moment you see how much there is to learn

"Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained"  I, myself, have been caught up in not trying.  I was a prisoner of my own excuses.  I have gained so much insight as to what I want in life because of this journey.  Have you ever had these scary  moments that  caused fear to hold you back, even if it was only temporarily?

June 2, 2007, 6:51 pm CDT

Love Being Single

"Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained"  I, myself, have been caught up in not trying.  I was a prisoner of my own excuses.  I have gained so much insight as to what I want in life because of this journey.  Have you ever had these scary  moments that  caused fear to hold you back, even if it was only temporarily?

I absolutely have. I believe most people have them quite often,
although I'm not too sure how many recognizes them. Well, I guess it
depends on how you define fear, but I think it's very common for people
to hold themselves back in fear of what changes certain actions might
require, and what consequences they will have. People fear change, most
often because they think they're content with what they have. I'm
afraid I haven't got too great beliefs in happiness, but I believe very
much in striving for it.

June 2, 2007, 10:04 pm CDT

Good for You

I absolutely have. I believe most people have them quite often,
although I'm not too sure how many recognizes them. Well, I guess it
depends on how you define fear, but I think it's very common for people
to hold themselves back in fear of what changes certain actions might
require, and what consequences they will have. People fear change, most
often because they think they're content with what they have. I'm
afraid I haven't got too great beliefs in happiness, but I believe very
much in striving for it.
If you don't strive to be happy you will never achieve happiness. 

First | Prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Next | Last