Message Boards

Topic : Love Being Single

Number of Replies: 393
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:07:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you single and loving it? Share your story with other happy singles!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 26, 2006, 5:31 pm CST

STABLE, SECURE, SINGLE

I am single and happy.  It is scary out there.  I came from a dangerous abusive relationship that ended bad.  I am now happy and live great and have a beautiful horse and dog and cat and have friends and great job, house, truck and do my own thing and don't answer to a guy.  Every guy I have ended up with has been an abuser, cheater, lier, slacker, jobless, or caused me not to succeed because of me taking care of him.  No more.  I am very securly happy and single.  What I say goes.

February 26, 2006, 11:46 pm CST

Single for the first time

Loving it 

As Micky D's would Say. 

not that I eat there or anything (hee hee) 

Just been recently divorce for the second time and can't think of a more happier time. 

From leaving home in the 80's into a marriage/ divorce then right into a instead family marriage in the 90's which brought the best two (1 boy and 1 girl) kids a Dad would ever enjoy seeing every second of his life. Both of the GIRLS I married where the kind, MOM's don't want for their son's having, left me for ROUGH TOUGH boys (which I will never understand why women do and really sad for them I dont want too know) 

I understand through the help of Life Matters, Family First and my real favorite Life Strategies why I couldn't hold down a female. I realize I was catering to their needs more then mine, leaving me behind literally behind. The last marriage for 15 years has been an up hill battle with the only thing I got out of IS my kids (whom I would die for) I gave her our house, furniture and left with my tools equipment and my clothes by choice. 

I recently am renting my home and going back to college and working as a DJ for a local radio station and nights at local night clubs. Seeing my kids at visitation and life couldn't get any better. 

She (ex) is now deciding to move out of state which I disapprove but with her demanding ways and persuasive attuitude will get her way thru the court. Which I know, when they are with me (probably during the summer if the court agrees), I know with Dr Phil by my side and my quest of being the best DAD Dr phil will ever meet next to him, they will know one parent is backing them ALL the way. 

So you see right now, I have found ME and I am and will always be my BEST friend. 

I left all the bad friends both of us (ex) knew (since she made it seem It was my fault) which we all know you must 'take accountability' which I have done by realizing my errors of life in both marriages,where that of pleasing everyone except for myself. I found a best friend and decided to live with him awhile to know him TO REALLY know him  and you all know what? HE is my best friend I will need in this life, ME!!!!  so to say LOVE BEING SINGLE yes I will swear that is true. Now someday I will meet someone who loves herself enough as a best friend and we will be happy together (the four of us-ha ha) until then Let the world go on being sad with misery with Drama and Corruption, I Live in a world (charlie's world) of peace and harmony and I spread the word to everyone I meet  Be your best friend to yourself first before trying to be someone else's (hey thats a Dr Phil statement) cant give away a million dollars if you dont have it to give away. So all out there 

GIP 

Go In Peace 

Loving It 

Charlie 

February 27, 2006, 4:28 am CST

love being single too

Quote From: dazed101

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOUR TIMES TO MANY. THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE LEARNED AFTER THE FIRST TIME. HUH. AFTER ALL THE ABUSE REGARDLESS IF IT WAS VERBAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSCIAL OR SPIRITUAL.  MEN SEEM TO BE THE ONE, UNTIL THEY SIGN ON THAT DOTTED LINE. THEN THEY THINK THEY OWN YOU, HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY SAY, OR ELSE.  THEY START ACCUSING YOU OF THING, BUT IT THEM WHO IS DOING THE WRONG THING. THEY JUST CAN'T HANDLE THEIR OWN GUILT. THEY ALL HAVE JOBS WHEN YOU FIRST GET TOGETHER WITH THEM, BUT AFTER AWHILE THEY DECIEDE THEY DON'T WANT TO WORK, THEY WANT YOU TO DO IT ALL BUT YET THEY DON'T HELP AROUND THE HOUSE EITHER.  I ENJOY BEING SINGLE AGAIN, HAVE BEEN SINCE JANUARY OF "97". DON'T GET ME WRONG I MISS THE CUDDLING. I BELIEVE THERE ARE GOOD MEN OUT THERE BUT THEY ARE ALL MARRIED. I ADMIRE THE COUPLES THAT CAN MAKE A MARRIAGE LAST CAN YOU EMAGINE THE HISTORY THEY COULD TELL YOU OF THEIR LIVES. NOW THAT I'M 50 NOW, I'M ENJOING LIFE NOW. DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER TO ANYONE BUT MYSELF AND THE MAN UPSTAIRS. VERY CONTENT 

I JOINED THIS MESSAGE BOARD HOPING TO CONNECT OR HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMAN WITH SOMEONE AND YOUR MESSAGE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST I READ AND I CAN DEFINETLY RELATE TO WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM.  I HAVE BEEN MARRIED 4 TIMES ALSO, SADLY TO SAY BEFORE I WAS EVEN 30 YRS OLD.  I WILL TURN 40 IN A FEW WEEKS AND CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!  I AM JUST 1 YEAR OUT OF PROBABLY THE VERY WORST RELATIONSHIP OUT OF THEM ALL.  I REALLY THOUGHT HE WAS "THE ONE".... I ACTUALLY DECLINED A REQUEST FROM THE DR. PHIL SHOW JUST WEEKS AFTER MEETING HIM AND THOUGHT I HAD MET THE MAN OF MY DREAMS....  WELL, 3 YEARS OF ABUSE AND MENTAL TORTURE HERE I AM ALONE, BUT HAPPY.  MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS THINK THAT I AM NOT MYSELF BUT ACTUALLY I THINK I AM FINALLY FINDING MYSELF AND NOT RELYING ON A MAN FOR MY HAPPINESS.  HOPEFULLY WE CAN COMMUNICATE IF YOU WANT AND TALK ABOUT THINGS MAYBE NO ONE ELSE CAN RELATE TOO.   I AM NOT SURE HOW THIS MESSAGE THING WORKS BUT IF YOU WANT TO REPLY TO MY MESSAGE I WOULD LIKE THAT.   

February 27, 2006, 10:31 am CST

I've got a twin!!!!

Quote From: dogncatlvr

I am also a single female of 43 and I have no plans whatsoever to change that status. I come and go when I want to and answer to no one. I have one male who lives with me; he has 4 legs, not 2. He accepts me as I am and does not try to get me to change to suit his agenda. Sometimes I think I want  a man,but that thought does not last very long!     

I'm a 44 yr old - single (never married) woman. Just like you I like the idea of not having to OK what I do, or when I do something with someone else.  I WON'T trade that in unless I get the same recipocated trust, honesty and respect from someone else.  Will I ever find that person?  God only knows and if I don't it won't be the end of my world..... I have my own home with land (my 2nd), car (my 5th) and I don't need anyone - want companionship sometime, yes (but my cat is a good friend like your pet), but never will I need a particular person..... 

I've met someone and thought seriously that it might be time to change my status but he doesn't seem to be interested so I'll not stress because I KNOW I can live alone without being lonely.  So for now the single life is the BEST life!   

February 27, 2006, 11:54 am CST

50 and happy

Quote From: joy_turner

I'm a 44 yr old - single (never married) woman. Just like you I like the idea of not having to OK what I do, or when I do something with someone else.  I WON'T trade that in unless I get the same recipocated trust, honesty and respect from someone else.  Will I ever find that person?  God only knows and if I don't it won't be the end of my world..... I have my own home with land (my 2nd), car (my 5th) and I don't need anyone - want companionship sometime, yes (but my cat is a good friend like your pet), but never will I need a particular person..... 

I've met someone and thought seriously that it might be time to change my status but he doesn't seem to be interested so I'll not stress because I KNOW I can live alone without being lonely.  So for now the single life is the BEST life!   

When I got divorced , I thought I need to be with someone, the one I had thought I was marrying 25 years ago.  

But, as time settled in and a few date, no thanks. I have many male friends, we eat out, we laugh and he feels not a string and I feel no pressure.  

I spent 24 1/4 years being humiliated, and be Little, and he handle the money , told me he would never trust me too. His mom was trying to hold on too it, when we got married, but I told him, we would split up if that continued.  

20 years later we were in Bankruptcy, not me him and I took over the money and bills or his was gone, before he finally was gone.  

We owned nothing,  when we split but a few hundred to a balance too a insured credit card.  

I would ask for a dollar, he would say what for, truly, I really suffered many esteem issues from that, he wanted me too stay home, but he was controlling, I am a person that like shopping, but bargain like what was 50.00 is now 5.00 and that is the truth.  

I look now, and think, no one to answer too, no one too get angry at me, for stupid stuff, and I do not have too have my guard up all the time.  

Are they all like this, no what, who knows and I am not going too rush to find out.  

My best friend of 33 years tells me, if he is falling over you, and can be patient for along time, and he is there and not uses up the time, he figures, when your ready. That is the guy, that is for keeps. Kind of like he has too love you more, than you love him.  

Happy in New England, and busy.  

Best too all.! 

Extreme406 

February 27, 2006, 1:11 pm CST

I am complete!

More than the fact that I truly enjoy being single, I despise the fact that "society" believes I am incomplete without a man attached to me.  Since when?  I am a whole, productive person all by myself and I am so sick to death of people trying to marry me off or acting like I'm weird because I choose not to remarry.   

I am a 35 year old divorced mom of one, I work full time as a Sales Coordinator for a major corporation, I'm a homeowner and raising my son without any assistance from his father.  I date a wonderful guy but have no intentions of marrying him or anyone else for that matter and I resent the fact that people are so quick to look down on my situation.  I'm happy and I live how I like and few married individuals can honestly say that. 

Kris 

February 27, 2006, 1:45 pm CST

re

Quote From: tiffluv8

Hi Everyone! 

I'm 20 (almost the big 21) and recently single.  I guess I didn't scroll down enough to see this section.  I've never been single since i was 13..i've bounced from one serious relationship of 5 years to another one of 3 years.  Anyways, I've tried dating a little but I love being single so much.  I like not having to answer to anyone, doing what I want, my phone not ringing and being asked where I am...all that.  However, I feel like I'm leading guys on if I just want to go out and have a few beers and when they call me again I just tell them I'm not into having a relationship right now.  Is this normal?  Dating doesn't feel right for some reason....like the timing is off or something.  Am I being a "player" by going out on the weekends but not wanting a relationship?  I'm not wanting sex or anything like that.  I'm independent and putting myself through school (almost done!).  Is it a bad thing to want to focus no getting my degree and not having a serious relationship?  I'm always upfront with these guys and tell them that I don't want one....but there's this one guy that keeps persisiting.....I guess I'm not sure what to do.  Am I just being to cautious about getting hurt again and should I just jump into the relationship?  Or should I go be a "college student" have a few beers and leave them behind?? Please help........ 

I’m a college student as well.  I'm in my last year and I just went through a breakup.  I can totally relate to you.  I thought this guy was gonna be my husband but it didn't work out.  I definitely think that the reason why you feel like the timing is off is because it probably is.  Girl, take your time. You have your whole life ahead of you so do your thing.  Finish school and get your life together, you're 20 years old.  Enjoy being single.  When I first broke up with my ex, I thought the world was over but now that I look back I know that I would not have been able to handle a relationship the way my life was going.  I'm just focused on graduating.  I do date as well, I have fun, you can't deprive yourself, but you need to let the fellas know where you stand and if they can't respect that than don’t waist your time.  Tell this guy who keeps persisting that if he can't respect where you are in your life right now (a single college student) than there's no chance not even for a friendship.  And now that I'm resolved and happy with where I am, I am able to be a true friend to my ex and to any guy without expecting something more or leading them on.  I’m also able to be ok with other people being in relationships because I’m secure with myself. 

February 27, 2006, 1:48 pm CST

SINGLE AND HAPPY

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED TWICE.  AFTER THE FIRST DIVORCE I WAS SINGLE 15 YEARS.  DURING THAT TIME I RAISED BY 2 CHILDREN.  I HAVE BEEN DIVORCED THIS TIME 10 YEARS.  I AM VERY HAPPY BEING SINGLE.  I AM HAPPY AND CONFIDENT OF WHO I AM.  I BELIEVE WHEN GOD IS READY FOR ME TO MEET A MAN HE WILL BRING HIM TO ME. 

February 27, 2006, 2:20 pm CST

One less kid....

I separated from (and subsequently divorced) my husband when our children were ages 5, 19 months and  9 months.  I would often get asked how I was managing working two jobs and raising three small boys.  My standard reply?  It's easier taking care of three kids than four!   

Four years later, I work one (better paying) full time job, the boys are growing up healthy and happy in a peaceful home - and my 30-year old ex still lives at home with his mommy.  (Rent free, I might add.)   How do I keep smiling?  Three kids are easier than four!  (Guess his mom hasn't figured that one out yet...) 

February 27, 2006, 2:51 pm CST

love being..single..alone.. not lonely

I am a female 41, professional.  I`ve been divorced 2 times. I`ve now been on my own for 7 years ( as in single, living alone) Does a cat count?hehe.After too many bad dates, bad relationships, lies believed , as well as meeting too many Mr. Wrongs, I have given up on dating. . I have a great group of female and male friends , and sometimes they aren`t available to socialize .. so instead of sitting home feeling sorry for myself ...I forced myself to go out. I travel, go to nice restraurants, come and go as I please, and make my choices for myself in my life. I have people say to me all the time,"When are you going to settle down ?"( as if it were wrong to be single) And those same people will complain about how their husbands or boyfriends did this or won`t do that, and they are unhappy... so why would I want to join the "Couples" club. I not against being part of a relationships, I just truly believe we are a society where commitment mean very little anymore  ( 2 divorces were NOT what I wanted.) I could have "settled down" a few times ... but at least I had the common sence to be able to see through clearly that I make bad choices in partners. I know I don`t need a man to make me happy. I certainly don`t plan on sitting back crying tears over being single. We only live one life and for as long as I am able to breath air and have  good health.. I am going to enjoy what life has handed me. When the right man is available ...I believe the" Man Upstairs" will bring him to me.. if not .. well I`ll know I didn`t waste my life searching for happiness in a man when the happiness you make for yourself  is by living life the best you possibly can!!

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last