Message Boards

Topic : Love Being Single

Number of Replies: 393
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:07:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you single and loving it? Share your story with other happy singles!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 4, 2006, 2:28 pm CST

Being single BLOWS

Quote From: diane02

I am so glad I found this message board because it is something that I have been dealing with.  I am single and have never been married, nor do I have any kids.  I have been in relationships but always come out wishing I had never gotten into them.  I guess I am too independent.  I just don't feel that I am a "needy" person.  My 2 best friends can't be alone and are always frustrated because they can't find or keep a man around.  They are constantly stressed out or fighting with their boyfrriends.  I always sacasticlaly tell them "Gee you're having such a good time, maybe I need a boyfriend too".  They are so desperate sometimes its very sad to watch them.   While they are so busy trying to find somebody I feel that they are missing out on so many other things in life.  But I suppose they think I am missing out on something too.  I just don't want to spend all my time going from bar to bar  looking for somebody.  I don't think you're going to find what you want there either.  And I don't want to go on-line either.  That scares me.  One of my friends has met some guys on there.  She says they're nice, but I don't have a good feeling about doing anything like that.   

I guess I just want someone to tell me if I am the one whose missing out or what? 

Being single BLOWS.  It means you are lonely, your sex life is erratic and there is no constant.  Marriage is completely the opposite-if you do it the old-fashioned way.

January 4, 2006, 7:47 pm CST

Dont know if im single or dating

okay, so it starts out that i have been dating a guy for almost 3 months... and i thought that everything was going great, until just after christmas he tells me that we are moving to fast... and hes moving out of the house... he tells me that he still loves me and that he still wants to be together but he needs sometime to think... and im fine with the fact of giving him time to think, and i know that couples do need their own space... so he moved out and we saw eachother every day up intill new years eve... he went out with his friends and thats fine to... but now i have not heard from him since, and i just sit at home hoping that he calls me... but this is now going on day 4 with no phone call, and im getting sick wondering if he is ever going to call me... all my friends tell me that he does love me ater what he got me for x-mass, and to just give him time and he will come around...but i just cant wait any longer i just want to know if we are still a couple or not!!! he got me a new TV and a 5 disc dvd player with surround sound and an x box for x-mass... so do you think that he will be back???

if any of you have any adivce to give me please let me know e-mail if you want i just need help!!!

January 4, 2006, 9:57 pm CST

I enjoy being single, but I do NOT hate men!

Quote From: jim1970

The only kind of woman who enjoys being single is one who hates men in the first place.

I have seen many of your posts, and I do not know why you have this complex against women, but it is really unnecessary!  Why do I enjoy being single?  I have the freedom to learn things.  I married a sociopath very young, and although I did all in my power to make it work, I barely got out alive,  He always told me that he hated my laugh, so I learned never to laugh under any circumstance.  After 7 years of intense psychological torture (yes, this is clinical diagnosis) I could barely tell anyone my first name, let alone leave my home (not even go out the door to get the mail).  It has taken me two years of therapy to even go out in public and meet people.  I have learned so much, but I have not hurt anyone in the process.  I am not ready to make a serious commitment, due to my anxiety, and the residue of the years with him.  I don't even hate him, although he tried to kill me (again)a couple months ago.  Thankfully, he's in jail and headed to prison or the state psych ward.  I will be 26 in a few days.  I have even met someone special.  We have a meaningful, but not stressful, relationship.  I do not want to take away his freedom and he does not want to take mine.  We both enjoy each other's company and we do fun things together.  There may be a time when I become his girlfriend but neither of us are worried about technicalities.  Jim, there are lots of nice, caring women out there.  You will find one or two or two hundred to choose from.  Okie-Dokie? 

Smile! 

~Sunshine~ 

January 5, 2006, 6:18 am CST

erm...

How do you know if a chick is telling the truth about her interest in a guy?  Females master the art of lying in this area very early in their lives. 

It's hard for a guy to know what a woman's true intentions are because she's cried wolf for years.   

"I love you." 

five minutes later.... "I was just kidding.  I just like you as a good friend." 

Yes, while that might be true...

1) You cant categorize all women into a box and say that they are ALL like that.

2) I don’t know if she is being genuine or not, but I'll never find out unless I try. That is just a risk one needs to take in his/her journey to finding love.... TRUE love. You filter out all the bad "loves" in your life and eventually end up with Mr/Mrs right. If you aren’t willing to take risks in life, then I doubt you'll get very far in life.

3) Just because some women prefer to be single does NOT mean that they are :"men haters" ... the answer is simple.... and its because some people just prefer the single life as appose to the committed life. Some people don’t NEED love to make them whole/complete/satisfied. All people are different, and you need to understand that and rather not categorize people as you seem to be doing.

January 5, 2006, 6:28 am CST

woah.... hold your horses...

Quote From: lgostola

okay, so it starts out that i have been dating a guy for almost 3 months... and i thought that everything was going great, until just after christmas he tells me that we are moving to fast... and hes moving out of the house... he tells me that he still loves me and that he still wants to be together but he needs sometime to think... and im fine with the fact of giving him time to think, and i know that couples do need their own space... so he moved out and we saw eachother every day up intill new years eve... he went out with his friends and thats fine to... but now i have not heard from him since, and i just sit at home hoping that he calls me... but this is now going on day 4 with no phone call, and im getting sick wondering if he is ever going to call me... all my friends tell me that he does love me ater what he got me for x-mass, and to just give him time and he will come around...but i just cant wait any longer i just want to know if we are still a couple or not!!! he got me a new TV and a 5 disc dvd player with surround sound and an x box for x-mass... so do you think that he will be back???

if any of you have any adivce to give me please let me know e-mail if you want i just need help!!!

Well it seems to me that your boyfriend is just taking a little time-out from the relationship.... I find it weird though that he would buy you such nice Christmas presents etc yet not plan on being with you. So in my opinion, he does love you, but you aren’t his 1st priority at the moment (hence the break from the relationship).

Anyways, What I would suggest you do is give him a call and don’t sounds like a moaning little girl, because that’s not a good idea. Say what up and casually say something like "So have you forgotten that I'm alive? *giggle*" etc... So you will get an answer, in a nice manner. After you two have discussed things, then you can tell him in a little bit of a more serious manner that you don’t appreciate him ignoring you for days on end and leaving you hanging wondering what’s going though his head.

But anyways, I hope everything works out, and don’t panic and over-react until you know what HIS reasoning for not contacting you is. So even though he might be in the wrong for not contacting you, still approach him in a respectful manner, and everything should fall into place (if he really DOES love you).

Hope it works out;)

Laterz... 

January 5, 2006, 11:58 am CST

there is one little problem!

Quote From: don_juan

Well it seems to me that your boyfriend is just taking a little time-out from the relationship.... I find it weird though that he would buy you such nice Christmas presents etc yet not plan on being with you. So in my opinion, he does love you, but you aren’t his 1st priority at the moment (hence the break from the relationship).

Anyways, What I would suggest you do is give him a call and don’t sounds like a moaning little girl, because that’s not a good idea. Say what up and casually say something like "So have you forgotten that I'm alive? *giggle*" etc... So you will get an answer, in a nice manner. After you two have discussed things, then you can tell him in a little bit of a more serious manner that you don’t appreciate him ignoring you for days on end and leaving you hanging wondering what’s going though his head.

But anyways, I hope everything works out, and don’t panic and over-react until you know what HIS reasoning for not contacting you is. So even though he might be in the wrong for not contacting you, still approach him in a respectful manner, and everything should fall into place (if he really DOES love you).

Hope it works out;)

Laterz... 

I would call my boyfriend but i hae a problem... i dont have a number to get a hold of him... other wise i would have called him a long time ago, and not been sitting and getting worried... im glad that you are there to help out and i does make me feel better to know that you think that he will be back... i know that im not the best person and im ready to make some changes to make our relationship work... but he kind of has to be here for them to work and so he can see that i have been thinking about everything... but any ways... thanx for you help and im glad that you gave me your edvice... cause im really not doing well not hearing from him... i watch the news every night to make sure that something has not happend to him...

THANX!!!!

January 5, 2006, 2:55 pm CST

interesting..... ok.....

I would call my boyfriend but i hae a problem... i dont have a number to get a hold of him... other wise i would have called him a long time ago, and not been sitting and getting worried... im glad that you are there to help out and i does make me feel better to know that you think that he will be back... i know that im not the best person and im ready to make some changes to make our relationship work... but he kind of has to be here for them to work and so he can see that i have been thinking about everything... but any ways... thanx for you help and im glad that you gave me your edvice... cause im really not doing well not hearing from him... i watch the news every night to make sure that something has not happend to him...

THANX!!!!

I find it weird that you are unable to get hold of your boyfriends... surely you have his friends numbers, his home phone number, his email address, his home address, etc.....

But anyways, thinking that there really IS no way for you to get hold of him, I guess the only thing you can do is wait and hope. But you need to also understand another thing.... and that’s that if he doesn’t contact you, then you are going to need to take it upon yourself to make the decision on your own, and move on. You are still young and can still meet another man and fall in love. While it might seem that your boyfriend is the world to you, that’s because you are blinded by your love for him. And if he really loved you back, he WOULD/WILL get back to you soon.

I would like to know how your situation progresses, so please feel free to update me, and I will do my best to give a most helpful reply;)

Once again, i hope that everything works out for you:) 

January 5, 2006, 7:41 pm CST

Hears the the story

Quote From: don_juan

I find it weird that you are unable to get hold of your boyfriends... surely you have his friends numbers, his home phone number, his email address, his home address, etc.....

But anyways, thinking that there really IS no way for you to get hold of him, I guess the only thing you can do is wait and hope. But you need to also understand another thing.... and that’s that if he doesn’t contact you, then you are going to need to take it upon yourself to make the decision on your own, and move on. You are still young and can still meet another man and fall in love. While it might seem that your boyfriend is the world to you, that’s because you are blinded by your love for him. And if he really loved you back, he WOULD/WILL get back to you soon.

I would like to know how your situation progresses, so please feel free to update me, and I will do my best to give a most helpful reply;)

Once again, i hope that everything works out for you:) 

my boyfriend is from BC, Canada... and he moved out to Alberta, Canada to come to work... so i et him on the job site and we were both working for my dad on the pipeline... so any ways... he was living in red deer with his brother that also worked with us, and then something happend and he had to go back to BC for a week... when he came home he packed all of stuff from his brothers house and moved in with me, cause his brother was selling the house... so thats how we started living together... all i know that hes in Edmonton with some of his freinds, and when he calls the number does not show up... i comes up as unavailible... so thats how i dont have the number... i have his dads number in BC but we are both in Alberta... so thats y i cant get a hold of him, and hes suppose to be going back to work with my dad who is waiting for his phone call as well, cause my dad needs him on the job. so hes losing out of a job and a girlfriend and when i talked to last he said that he was still going to work for my pops... but we have no way of getting a hold of him to tell him that he can go back to work... cause all have been off for christmas holidayz.... so now do you understand how i cant get a hold of  him??? so im just sitting by my phone while im trying to work and hoping that he calls soem time... but im also not doing my job that great cuz i cant take my mind off of him... i also just want to know if hes okay as well... and he always told me to grow up, but hes the one who ran away from what ever hes running from so right now in lost and confused about the whole thing... if he does not want to be with me any more, then y cant he be a man and phone and tell me its over... like i still have some of his things at my house... like all his bedding and still not clothes... so i  dont know on what to think that this point...???...???

January 5, 2006, 8:39 pm CST

You are right

Being single BLOWS.  It means you are lonely, your sex life is erratic and there is no constant.  Marriage is completely the opposite-if you do it the old-fashioned way.
I have read your posts all over these message boards and I hope I can find love and get married before I become THAT cynical.  But as far as this statement you made goes, I would have to say you are right.  I just don't think you should have posted it in this forum. This forum is for those who are trying to make themselves believe that they are happy being single. So you should respect their space.

January 6, 2006, 1:56 am CST

hmm...

my boyfriend is from BC, Canada... and he moved out to Alberta, Canada to come to work... so i et him on the job site and we were both working for my dad on the pipeline... so any ways... he was living in red deer with his brother that also worked with us, and then something happend and he had to go back to BC for a week... when he came home he packed all of stuff from his brothers house and moved in with me, cause his brother was selling the house... so thats how we started living together... all i know that hes in Edmonton with some of his freinds, and when he calls the number does not show up... i comes up as unavailible... so thats how i dont have the number... i have his dads number in BC but we are both in Alberta... so thats y i cant get a hold of him, and hes suppose to be going back to work with my dad who is waiting for his phone call as well, cause my dad needs him on the job. so hes losing out of a job and a girlfriend and when i talked to last he said that he was still going to work for my pops... but we have no way of getting a hold of him to tell him that he can go back to work... cause all have been off for christmas holidayz.... so now do you understand how i cant get a hold of  him??? so im just sitting by my phone while im trying to work and hoping that he calls soem time... but im also not doing my job that great cuz i cant take my mind off of him... i also just want to know if hes okay as well... and he always told me to grow up, but hes the one who ran away from what ever hes running from so right now in lost and confused about the whole thing... if he does not want to be with me any more, then y cant he be a man and phone and tell me its over... like i still have some of his things at my house... like all his bedding and still not clothes... so i  dont know on what to think that this point...???...???

Wow.... That really does look like a sticky situation.... But look, I don’t know your boyfriend, so I can’t try predict what he is going to do.... but let’s think of why he hasn’t contacted you yet.... Maybe in order to call you he needs to dial some extension code to be able to call you from where he is..... But then he could ask around, right? ... hmmm....  Maybe he is just being a little careless and not thought that contacting you is at the top of his priority list, and maybe he IS going to come back... but that would just be weird, because I know for a fact that if you love someone, you will WANT to get hold of them and speak to them etc as soon as you can. Maybe he got stuck up in something and hasn’t had a chance to give you a call.... but then that takes me to my previous point, if you love someone, then you will WANT to get hold of them and speak to them etc as soon as you can, and you will always make a plan to get hold of that person.

Anyways, this guy seems really immature about the relationship, and though it might not be what you want to hear right now, I think that you should find yourself a MAN and not a BOY to make into your boyfriend.

If you have his dad’s phone number, then give him a call and see what he has to say... you really don’t have much to lose now.

Laterz... 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last