Message Boards

Topic : Love Being Single

Number of Replies: 393
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:07:56 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you single and loving it? Share your story with other happy singles!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 6, 2006, 10:38 pm CST

A League of our own

Quote From: jim1970

Being single BLOWS.  It means you are lonely, your sex life is erratic and there is no constant.  Marriage is completely the opposite-if you do it the old-fashioned way.
I don't think you are missing out on anything. I have to admit I have done very little dating and I am content with that. The dating I have done has left me feeling robbed. There is such a lack of boundaries. I don't feel lonely but of course I hope to experience the gift of a relationship one day. I believe good things come to those who wait. I am just not interested in dating to find someone interesting. When I find someone I'm interested in, then I will want to date.

January 10, 2006, 12:27 pm CST

Single and lonely

I have just broken up with my boyfriend for the third time in 6 years. He has a drug problem and I keep beleiving him when he says he has it under control. When I go back to him all the old habits resurface. I know I am better off without him but cannot shake the feeling that I am not going to find someone else....

January 11, 2006, 2:59 pm CST

you will be okay

Quote From: gerryok

I have just broken up with my boyfriend for the third time in 6 years. He has a drug problem and I keep beleiving him when he says he has it under control. When I go back to him all the old habits resurface. I know I am better off without him but cannot shake the feeling that I am not going to find someone else....
you will be okay i promise..... what was the longest that you 2 have been broken up for??? i know that its hard to break up with someone or have someone break up with you.... but you also need to think of your self and you dont need someone in your life who has this problem.... cuz you know that you are better than that, but if you really want to stay with him tell him he has to go to a drug re-hab or something... and if that does not work then sweety you need to do whats best for you.... im  moving on from the guy who has just broken my heart into a thousand pieces... cuz my life and my job mean more to me and im not going to sit and wait around forever... you just need to think about what you want in life, and if this guy loved you at all he would slow down on the drugs to be with you... and i think that you know that?!?!?! but this is all that i can say to you... my boyfriend that im moving on from has a drug problem too...that is what he spent most of his money on all the time, so i kind of know what you are going through but like i said be 4 this is all that i can tell you for now... you have to know what you want.....

January 11, 2006, 3:09 pm CST

i have called.....

Quote From: don_juan

Wow.... That really does look like a sticky situation.... But look, I don’t know your boyfriend, so I can’t try predict what he is going to do.... but let’s think of why he hasn’t contacted you yet.... Maybe in order to call you he needs to dial some extension code to be able to call you from where he is..... But then he could ask around, right? ... hmmm....  Maybe he is just being a little careless and not thought that contacting you is at the top of his priority list, and maybe he IS going to come back... but that would just be weird, because I know for a fact that if you love someone, you will WANT to get hold of them and speak to them etc as soon as you can. Maybe he got stuck up in something and hasn’t had a chance to give you a call.... but then that takes me to my previous point, if you love someone, then you will WANT to get hold of them and speak to them etc as soon as you can, and you will always make a plan to get hold of that person.

Anyways, this guy seems really immature about the relationship, and though it might not be what you want to hear right now, I think that you should find yourself a MAN and not a BOY to make into your boyfriend.

If you have his dad’s phone number, then give him a call and see what he has to say... you really don’t have much to lose now.

Laterz... 

well i called his dad like you said that i should maybe cuz i really did not have much to lose.... and his dad is really upset with his son for leaving me like that, and not calling when he has a job to go to with my dad.... his dad also told me that he really felt for me and that he was sorry about all this, and if he sees of hears from dustin that he will tell him to call me asap.... his dad also told me that he liked me for coming to him and asking him what i should do and that he really cares for me... and the fact that we have not even met yet..lol... but on saturday im calling his dad again cuz i still have not heard anything from dustin and now itsgetting in the way of my job.... so im going to tell his dad that his son is now in his hands cuz i cant keep on putting myself through all this pain... of hoping that he may call me some time.... im just sick of waiting and also sick of just being sick!!! but the thoughts go through my head that he could be working away and where he sometimes goes to work they have to fly you in... and there is no way of phoning any one so maybe that could be something too... right??? i dont know but maybe but all of his friends that like me call me, and make sure that im okay and they tell me that he will be back sometime... and all my friends are helping me with everything.... and im moving again so i dont have to be in the same house that reminds me of him, or the smell that lingers in the air of him...

January 12, 2006, 9:11 pm CST

Faith

Quote From: lemons96

About two months ago, I found myself single again. I was scared at first but I quickly got over that. I have more time for myself, family and friends. Since the break-up I find myself in better shape and just plain happier. However, I am meeting allot of attractive guys, who are interested in starting a relationship. But I just don’t feel comfortable with settling down with just one guy right now. Don’t get me wrong, I want to be in a committed relationship, except I’m discovering for the first time how fun being single can be. My problem is that I’m scared I might be passing up Mr. Right. Am I being naive to think that I’ll continue meeting quality men? How do you know who is the right guy to settle down with?  

BTW: Happy New Years Everyone :o) 

Eventually whoever means to be with u,  will come. Soo do not worry about that... Just enjoy being single while u can :) 

Cheers 

Kathy 

January 13, 2006, 5:28 am CST

lgostola's situation....

lgostola, It seems to me that your boyfriend is just not interested anymore. I mean, no matter WHERE he is, if he wanted to get hold of you, he would make a plan. I think that you are just trying to make up excuses for him not calling you because you are scared of the harsh truth that he has just left and doesn’t plan on coming back. I know for a fact that if I loved a girl, I would definitely make a plan to speak to her, and he has been gone for a while now and you have not heard from him even once.  

Yes, there could be a million reasons explaining why he hasn’t called you, but like I said, if you really meant SO much to him, he would make a plan to reach you somehow. I’m sure he has your e-mail address? So why couldn’t he stop at an internet café and send u an email telling you where he is and what’s going on etc? This guy, in my opinion, isn’t the type of guy that will be able to lead a mature long serious relationship, and my recommendation to you is to find someone else and try get over this guy.  

Despite my opinion and what I think, I still hope that I am wrong and that he DOES come back to you etc.:) 

January 13, 2006, 10:03 am CST

Thanx for the help

Quote From: don_juan

lgostola, It seems to me that your boyfriend is just not interested anymore. I mean, no matter WHERE he is, if he wanted to get hold of you, he would make a plan. I think that you are just trying to make up excuses for him not calling you because you are scared of the harsh truth that he has just left and doesn’t plan on coming back. I know for a fact that if I loved a girl, I would definitely make a plan to speak to her, and he has been gone for a while now and you have not heard from him even once.  

Yes, there could be a million reasons explaining why he hasn’t called you, but like I said, if you really meant SO much to him, he would make a plan to reach you somehow. I’m sure he has your e-mail address? So why couldn’t he stop at an internet café and send u an email telling you where he is and what’s going on etc? This guy, in my opinion, isn’t the type of guy that will be able to lead a mature long serious relationship, and my recommendation to you is to find someone else and try get over this guy.  

Despite my opinion and what I think, I still hope that I am wrong and that he DOES come back to you etc.:) 

thanx for all your help that you have given me, from my parents and my friends and you i have found to know that hes not coming back... and i am moving on with life, cuz i also dont need someone like that to make me feel like a nothing... and i am young so there also has to be someone else out there who will love me for me... and i dont think that you are wrong at all its been 2 weeks so i know that hes not coming back at all... and i also want to thanx you for how open you are with me on this, cuz i dont need someone to tell me something that i want to hear... so thanx... but it is hard and im taking day by day... and i have started to go out with my friends more now, so i can get back to being me again... i dont need someone like him and im glad that i have people like you to point that out to me.... 

THANX  

lindz :) 

January 14, 2006, 2:25 am CST

lgostola

Hey… I am happy that you are so excited about moving on with your life and being as positive about the situation as you can. And yes, you are doing the right thing by keeping yourself occupied with other things so that you don’t have time to think about him. And during the process of going out with your friends and having fun I’m sure you will run into someone that catches your eye;)  

But anyways, I wish you the best of luck for the future and hope that you find Mr right soon:)

January 15, 2006, 9:15 am CST

I loved your last statement!!

Quote From: shineb4

I don't think you are missing out on anything. I have to admit I have done very little dating and I am content with that. The dating I have done has left me feeling robbed. There is such a lack of boundaries. I don't feel lonely but of course I hope to experience the gift of a relationship one day. I believe good things come to those who wait. I am just not interested in dating to find someone interesting. When I find someone I'm interested in, then I will want to date.

When I find someone I'm interested in, then I will want to date. 

I loved that! That's exactly how I feel!  

Eloquently put! 

January 15, 2006, 9:21 am CST

If that's true????

Quote From: lovingone

I have read your posts all over these message boards and I hope I can find love and get married before I become THAT cynical.  But as far as this statement you made goes, I would have to say you are right.  I just don't think you should have posted it in this forum. This forum is for those who are trying to make themselves believe that they are happy being single. So you should respect their space.

"This forum is for those who are trying to make themselves believe that they are happy being single. So you should respect their space." 

If that's true???  

Why are people responding to her and trying to help? 

Why are YOU posting on both this board and the TOBS board?? 

I'm sure glad there were some caring people on here to support her posts!  

Hang in there Lindz! The feeling of "I'm never going to find anyone else" will pass! It just takes some adjustment time.  

Sherrie 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last