Message Boards

Topic : 12/28 What Would Robin Do?

Number of Replies: 216
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 12, 2006, 05:59:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/17/06) Dr. Phil’s better half weighs in on all your burning questions! Kasey says her husband, Nathan, controls all their money, even though she earns 40 percent of their income, and his controlling behavior is wreaking havoc on their marriage. She has to live on $20 a day, show him receipts for every cent spent, and she's not allowed to have access to their bank accounts. Nathan says his wife is lethal with cash and spends too frivolously. Robin shares what happened when Dr. Phil tried putting her on a budget! Then, Paul promised his wife, Linda, that a certain family tradition wouldn't take place at their wedding. Paul broke his promise and played the prank anyway. Eighteen years later, Linda says she still holds a grudge and feels like she can't trust him. Can Paul get her to forgive and forget? Next, Robin goes undercover and puts "the world's biggest doormat" to the test. Will this “people pleaser” learn to stand up for herself? And, Robin honors an inspirational woman. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 9, 2007, 10:48 am CST

Not about the cake

Quote From: bear_ta

You don't get it either. It's not about cake. Never was about cake. Never will be about the cake. The cake doesn't matter. Why can't you see past the cake? It's a magic cake. Someone come get the possessed cake. ROFL

My husband and I have been married for 25 years.  We don't hold grudges...hence the long marriage. 

This lady definitely has deeper issues that she just doesn't want to see...the cake is easier to be mad about than dealing with the real and current issues.  I think she should get counseling to get to the heart of the matter...counseling by herself at first, then marriage counseling to establish better communication.  Grudges are so stressful and unnecessary...much better to nip it in the bud and work it out before it gets so big.

January 9, 2007, 10:56 am CST

For Dr. Phil and Robin

Dr. Phil and Robin...why have you never done a show about people who have their stuff together.  It might be helpful for people to see how others have successfully worked through their problems...I'm not saying that we don't have our share of problems...quite the contrary...but we don't dwell on the problem...a solution, coping strategies, communication...just a few ways to reduce the stress and work through a problem.

Why not do a show on success stories and what really works, instead of just asking, "How is that working for you?"  I haven't seen a lot of strategies for problem resolution on your show...a lot of focusing on the problem...not enough focus on a solution...it would be more helpful and more of a service to your viewers to focus on suggestions for what will work. 

I've seen the follow-up stories on past guests, but why not get some new blood on the show?  People who have good coping skills could be very helpful and inspirational to those who need help in that department.

January 9, 2007, 3:22 pm CST

12/28 What Would Robin Do?

Quote From: mustbecrazy

Dr. Phil and Robin...why have you never done a show about people who have their stuff together.  It might be helpful for people to see how others have successfully worked through their problems...I'm not saying that we don't have our share of problems...quite the contrary...but we don't dwell on the problem...a solution, coping strategies, communication...just a few ways to reduce the stress and work through a problem.

Why not do a show on success stories and what really works, instead of just asking, "How is that working for you?"  I haven't seen a lot of strategies for problem resolution on your show...a lot of focusing on the problem...not enough focus on a solution...it would be more helpful and more of a service to your viewers to focus on suggestions for what will work. 

I've seen the follow-up stories on past guests, but why not get some new blood on the show?  People who have good coping skills could be very helpful and inspirational to those who need help in that department.

Those kinds of shows don't get the ratings that horror stories do.

October 6, 2007, 8:07 am CDT

"Pushover Mom"

I saw this episode of Dr. Phil and this was my favorite story.  I could not believe everything that I saw.  Sherri was definitely a people pleaser who just let people walk all over her.  When her girlfriend called her to go shopping she said yes, but she did not really want to go, she would let her manicuriest gouge her nails to the point of infection, just lay in pain when she was in the hospital, and much more.

Another big shocker came when she was eating lunch with her daughter and they did the experiment on her.  She never speaks up when given bad tasting lemonade, the wrong sandwhich, and is treated poorly by the waiter.  But then Robin whom she greatly admires delivers the lunch she wanted.

At the end of the show Sherri learns to stand up for herself.

October 13, 2007, 12:07 pm CDT

12/28 What Would Robin Do?

Quote From: wordupgirl

How does someone get in touch with Robin privately, when they want her advice, but do not want it posted for all to see......and not by e-mail.....as that is not  "private" enough.  And do to circumstances, cannot speak on the phone either??? Please help.

Sign me,

Desperate.

I need to talk to Robin.

June 25, 2008, 1:12 pm CDT

I NEED HELP ROBIN PLEASE

I watched DR Phil Show today , Re: Ask Robin" and i cried as I watched each woman show their new appearence, they were beautiful and their families must be so happy. ( I wish I was one of those ladies}

I seen DR Phil asking people to join the "weight loss challenge", I wish I could be one.

My question is this. I am a 66 year old female who thinks young, wants to be young and would love to look younger.I also need to lose weight in a BIG way but I had back surgery and limited to what I can do as far as exercising.

I also live in Canada and I am a very proud Canadian but we don't have any programs on television like yours DR Phil. I can hear you saying now, you don't need to be on a show to lose weight or look young, but you know what? I do need that, I need to listen to you yell at me and say "do or die".

DR Phil, could and would you and Robin come to Canada so I can get your help PLEASE.

If you email me I will tell you what city is closest to me if you would come here.

Robin, you are so attractive for your age and you to DR Phil , I like bald heads.....sometimes...lol

First | Prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next Page | Last Page