Message Boards

Topic : Online Dating

Number of Replies: 1529
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:08:34 pm
Author : dataimport
Looking to meet someone online? Or have you met the love of your life on the net already? Share the good, the bad and the ugly of online dating.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 11, 2008, 4:07 pm CDT

Interesting

Quote From: urbcow

I was never into the bar/club scene.  I tried friends, and I always got "I value our friendship too much".  Ummm, HELLO, don't you want a good friend??.  Anyways, I have been trying online dating now for over a year.  it takes girls several days to respond(to say they are not interested), and they NEVER come looking for you.  I have tried writing about interests and hobbies, and that didn't get me anywhere, so I rewrote it and tried to say the same thing but use different words.  Now my profile is "truth in advertising" and says that I am an honest, handsome, and nice guy.  Well educated too.  Granted with all the psychos out there, it can be hard to believe, but doesnt the confidence in oneself warrant a response?

I see a lot of profiles that arre titled "honesty...." or "looking for a good relationship" or "tired of games".  It seems women are looking for honest and trusrworthy guys that can communicate.  Well, I was honest and I said so.  Is that not communication?  Can someone help me understand what I am missing?  my SN on match is schmoopiesmiles.

thanks

August 14, 2008, 6:54 am CDT

Online Dating

I see a lot of profiles that arre titled "honesty...." or "looking for a good relationship" or "tired of games".  It seems women are looking for honest and trusrworthy guys that can communicate.  Well, I was honest and I said so.  Is that not communication?  Can someone help me understand what I am missing?  my SN on match is schmoopiesmiles.

thanks

I have done a lot of online dating and read quite a few profiles.  One thing I noticed about your profile is to proofread it and correct the mistakes.  I know that sounds silly but I look at that when I am searching. I make mistakes in mine all the time and have to change it since I make grammatical mistakes that I don't notice from the beginning.   Also girls like a sense of humor so I would add a few quirky comments and not be so serious. 

Those are my only suggestions. 

Good luck!

August 15, 2008, 11:38 pm CDT

online dating is a big mistake

I dont like online dating anymore i meet 3 guys online and it all ended bad.I met a guy online 9 months ago and we was going so well and i found out he was cheating on me with his ex girlfriend.I really starting to hate men.But here the bad part I didnt break up with the guy that cheated on me.I dont know what i should do he telling me that he loves me and want me and not her.And i love him so i dont know what to do please help................

August 16, 2008, 8:38 am CDT

Been there!

Quote From: hatedlife

I dont like online dating anymore i meet 3 guys online and it all ended bad.I met a guy online 9 months ago and we was going so well and i found out he was cheating on me with his ex girlfriend.I really starting to hate men.But here the bad part I didnt break up with the guy that cheated on me.I dont know what i should do he telling me that he loves me and want me and not her.And i love him so i dont know what to do please help................

I know what your going through. After my divorce from a guy I meet online. I started meeting guys online again. I dated one guy for about 3 months, found out he was talken to other women. He told me they where his ex. I said whatever, you need to go! I'm not playing that game. A couple months went by and he wanted to go out with me again telling me I'm the only one. I gave him a 2nd chance. He had a myspace page and I was leaving him message. Funny thing! A girl on his page message me asking me who I was. I told her I'm his girlfriend, needless to say he was trying to date her too. Told him I'm done! Me and her became friends LOL...

What I am trying to say to you is, don't give up on online dating. It does work! Like I said I married a guy once from online. Yeah where divorced but things happen. Anyways! Once a cheater always a cheater! You will never be able to trust him. What is a relationship without trust!? Yes it will be heartbreaking for awhile! You will get through it!

It really doesn't matter where you meet guys. They are all the same no matter what. They tell us what we want to hear. It's a chance we take. Life is full of chances. You have to be the strong one! If it will help having a friend with you, so this way that person can be like ok you said what you wanted to, let's go! Especially if he starts saying things, I love you, I want you and only you. Cause your heart is going to be like he still loves me, ok! Like I said that's what we want to hear, and our heart is like he wants me :) No he don't ,cause if he did, he wouldn't of cheated!  Good luck with whatever you do! T

August 18, 2008, 4:27 pm CDT

From a guy

Quote From: dntask

I know what your going through. After my divorce from a guy I meet online. I started meeting guys online again. I dated one guy for about 3 months, found out he was talken to other women. He told me they where his ex. I said whatever, you need to go! I'm not playing that game. A couple months went by and he wanted to go out with me again telling me I'm the only one. I gave him a 2nd chance. He had a myspace page and I was leaving him message. Funny thing! A girl on his page message me asking me who I was. I told her I'm his girlfriend, needless to say he was trying to date her too. Told him I'm done! Me and her became friends LOL...

What I am trying to say to you is, don't give up on online dating. It does work! Like I said I married a guy once from online. Yeah where divorced but things happen. Anyways! Once a cheater always a cheater! You will never be able to trust him. What is a relationship without trust!? Yes it will be heartbreaking for awhile! You will get through it!

It really doesn't matter where you meet guys. They are all the same no matter what. They tell us what we want to hear. It's a chance we take. Life is full of chances. You have to be the strong one! If it will help having a friend with you, so this way that person can be like ok you said what you wanted to, let's go! Especially if he starts saying things, I love you, I want you and only you. Cause your heart is going to be like he still loves me, ok! Like I said that's what we want to hear, and our heart is like he wants me :) No he don't ,cause if he did, he wouldn't of cheated!  Good luck with whatever you do! T

I know I may seem "old fashioned", but do unto others as you wish they do unto you.  That is a simple rule.  you lie or cheat, than expect it in return.  Seems like many women are just as bad as guys.  I admit that guys have affairs 60% of the time, and women only 40%, but I am wondering if guys are really worse, or just more willing to answer the survey.  If a guy cheats, he needs a woman to do it with.  I think both men and women are responsible for the problem of cheating.  I know it will always happen, but if the women in this world were not so quick to "give it up", then guys would be less likely to cheat.

Like the old saying goes "why buy the cow, if you can get the milk for free"

August 18, 2008, 5:27 pm CDT

HI

I know I may seem "old fashioned", but do unto others as you wish they do unto you.  That is a simple rule.  you lie or cheat, than expect it in return.  Seems like many women are just as bad as guys.  I admit that guys have affairs 60% of the time, and women only 40%, but I am wondering if guys are really worse, or just more willing to answer the survey.  If a guy cheats, he needs a woman to do it with.  I think both men and women are responsible for the problem of cheating.  I know it will always happen, but if the women in this world were not so quick to "give it up", then guys would be less likely to cheat.

Like the old saying goes "why buy the cow, if you can get the milk for free"

I knew I had that coming about how woman cheat too. I knew I should of said something after I posted that. Yes it is true that women do cheat. I have known a few. I wouldn't want someone cheating on me so why should I cheat on someone. :) Both serious relationships I had one for 9 yrs. and one for 5 yrs. None of us where cheaters, guess I better not say neither one cause I could be wrong. But that wasn't the reasson we broke up. I know what you mean about women giving it up quick, men don't help that situation they always want it too. So its either way.

September 7, 2008, 3:45 am CDT

4 yr realtionship

I am not sure where to begin...I met  my bf online over 4 yrs ago and we been together ever since except for a few break ups but we patched things up almost immediately...the first yr and a half we were together his ex gf was calling him and I had told him to  tell her to stop calling him...didn't happen...It made me mad even when I went down to be with him that she had the nerve to call him...even made me cry cause I felt like that wasn;'t fair to me...she don't call no more... I did find out that during that time he was calling her and sometimes 4 times a day...I confronted him about it and he said it was about her computer.. I didn't buy it.. why was he hiding it from me... anyway this last time we   broke up he told me that he has romantic feelings for our friend who  neither one of us has met... she is pretty...they been friends for about 10 yrs and she has told me that she thinks of him as a brother...He told me that if she wanted to be more than friends he would consider it and this  was when we were broken up.. I know he loves me.. what do I do?

September 7, 2008, 8:48 pm CDT

Online Dating

Quote From: thumpy_32

I am not sure where to begin...I met my bf online over 4 yrs ago and we been together ever since except for a few break ups but we patched things up almost immediately...the first yr and a half we were together his ex gf was calling him and I had told him to tell her to stop calling him...didn't happen...It made me mad even when I went down to be with him that she had the nerve to call him...even made me cry cause I felt like that wasn;'t fair to me...she don't call no more... I did find out that during that time he was calling her and sometimes 4 times a day...I confronted him about it and he said it was about her computer.. I didn't buy it.. why was he hiding it from me... anyway this last time we broke up he told me that he has romantic feelings for our friend who neither one of us has met... she is pretty...they been friends for about 10 yrs and she has told me that she thinks of him as a brother...He told me that if she wanted to be more than friends he would consider it and this was when we were broken up.. I know he loves me.. what do I do?
WOW... Hate to say this but...... are you kidding? 'You know he loves you'?  Honestly this is not love and I truly feel sorry that you think so. I wish you the best... Seek out friends and family but you need to step away from this a*******'s false love and control over you.

September 8, 2008, 12:09 pm CDT

4 yr relationship

Quote From: jaimie1974

I dont even know you, and I dont know your boyfriend; but when I read the part of your post where you said your boyfriend told you he was romantically interested in another woman, (even though you were broken up at that time,) it made me feel protective of your heart and very hurt for you. From the small amount of information that you gave in your post, it sounds like you are more invested in the relationship then he is.
You said that you know he loves you; how do you know? It is possible that he has love for you, but that he isnt in love with youI know that sounds like a lame cliché, but it happens. After four years, this relationship might be more of a habit then anything else; he might be just going through the motions because that is easier for him then moving on.
You ask, what do I do? My advice to you is to honestly and thoroughly analyze this relationship. Think about what your goals and dreams are for your life, for your future, and where does this relationship stand in one year; where does it stand in five years?
After four years, both of you know where the relationship is going. Be honest with yourself; dont waste time making excuses. I wish you the best!
He tells me he loves me and i'm gonna question him about him having romantic feelings for  this friend...u know whe we were broken up he  told me that  this girl Bree had emailed him and heard we broke up.. I questioned him about  her to..he said he don't love her or have any feelings for her and never will...She's on his messenger and I just don't get why he has to talk to her.. she's 21 yrs  younger than him..  the first time I went  to his house i found some convos  between them 2 and it sounded like they wanted to  have sex together..he won't delete her... I Think he's not being truthful to himself and to me..grrrr men...So i'm gonna ask him about this friedn he has romatic feelings for..

September 9, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

Listen

Quote From: thumpy_32

I am not sure where to begin...I met  my bf online over 4 yrs ago and we been together ever since except for a few break ups but we patched things up almost immediately...the first yr and a half we were together his ex gf was calling him and I had told him to  tell her to stop calling him...didn't happen...It made me mad even when I went down to be with him that she had the nerve to call him...even made me cry cause I felt like that wasn;'t fair to me...she don't call no more... I did find out that during that time he was calling her and sometimes 4 times a day...I confronted him about it and he said it was about her computer.. I didn't buy it.. why was he hiding it from me... anyway this last time we   broke up he told me that he has romantic feelings for our friend who  neither one of us has met... she is pretty...they been friends for about 10 yrs and she has told me that she thinks of him as a brother...He told me that if she wanted to be more than friends he would consider it and this  was when we were broken up.. I know he loves me.. what do I do?

I know what you are going through. I wouldn't give him another try that's for sure! I been through the same thing pretty much, but the thing was he didn't tell me he was really interested in this woman that we where both friends with over the computer. When he told me that he wanted a divorced and I asked him where the hell was he going to stay, he told me ohio! Well needless to say that is where this other woman lived! Of course I flipped out! I use to talk to her like we where sisters. She never told me about what my ex was planning on doing. When I found out I im'ed her and say you are such a B! How could you do this to me? She was like I tried to warn you by saying how good of a guy he was and don't mess it up. I was like what the hell did that mean? So I said to her why couldn't you tell me what he was doing? Why couldn't you tell me he was trying to get with you? Anyways! They are married now and I been divorced from him about 5 yrs. Once in awhile he will still email me and tell me he doesn't forget about us. I told him to worry about his life now, cause there is no coming back to me!

So don't far for his I love you still. Especially since he told you he has feelings for this other woman! Move on! There is someone for all of us somewhere in this world. T

First | Prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | Next | Last