Message Boards

Topic : 06/18 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Number of Replies: 566
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:48:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/23/06) Dr. Phil conducts a groundbreaking social experiment. Six individuals from different walks of life, with different judgments and prejudices live under the same roof in an attempt to break down the walls of hatred and intolerance. Gary, 26, is a white supremacist who hates all people of other races. B., 58, is an African-American woman who thinks all white people are "ignorant sociopaths." Staci, 22, is a thin woman who thinks obese people are "disgusting blobs" and not people at all. John, 24, is over 600 pounds and hates skinny people. Christina, 22, believes all homosexuals are sinners. Tessa, 19, is a lesbian who hates straight people. Dr. Phil puts them to the test with assignments that force them to work together with their adversary. It doesn’t take long for hostility to break out, sending Dr. Phil over to the house, saying, “This has got to stop.” Will these guests learn acceptance, or turn on each other? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 23, 2006, 7:57 am CDT

He's Done It Again!

Once again, Dr. Phil has done it. He's found a way to get and keep my attention. I didn't think that I would enjoy this experiment, boy was I wrong - again. It's very interesting to see how we ALL really act (whether we want to admit it or not). We either see ourselves or someone we know in that house. Can't wait to view more...

October 23, 2006, 8:04 am CDT

10/23 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Quote From: powers009

All of the ones saying we should just love and accept everyone I would like to ask this question do you look a street person in the eye when you pass them by? Do you think to yourself well if I give this person money they are just going to buy alcohol or drugs with it? When you pass a man on the street who has lots of tattoos, wearing jeans with holes in them and a torn t-shirt do you cross to the other side thinking this is some member of a gang? Do you ride down the road and pass a person on a motorcycle wearing leather and hope and pray the stop light up ahead doesn't catch you so you won't have to sit beside this person in traffic? How many of you stand over the plumber when he comes to do work on your sink? Answer honestly and then tell me how accepting you are of everyone in society.

Wow, seems like you have a problem with a lot of people in society.  I'll answer some of your questions though.

All of the ones saying we should just love and accept everyone I would like to ask this question do you look a street person in the eye when you pass them by?

Yes.

Do you think to yourself well if I give this person money they are just going to buy alcohol or drugs with it?

To be honest, sure, I have thought about that at one time.  BUT I do help out.  I have given food or clothing to people on the street.  I have given half of a pizza to a man on the street because we were on our way home from a party and had left overs and knew he needed it more than myself.  My husband and I are very giving people.

When you pass a man on the street who has lots of tattoos, wearing jeans with holes in them and a torn t-shirt do you cross to the other side thinking this is some member of a gang?

No.  Why would you buy into the steroetype that this man is in a gang?  I have tattoos and so does my husband and we surely are NOT in a gang! LOL 

Do you ride down the road and pass a person on a motorcycle wearing leather and hope and pray the stop light up ahead doesn't catch you so you won't have to sit beside this person in traffic?

LOL!  Why would you hope and pray that you don't have to sit next to that person? See, this is why you do have a problem with most people in society.  Why?

How many of you stand over the plumber when he comes to do work on your sink?

Uh...no.  I don't think my husband would like that too much if I stood over him while he was working on something. LOL  My husband fixes everything around our place, I don't have to worry about that.  And when we lived in a house he did all of the landscaping as well. =)

So I guess I am very accepting.  How about you?  You didn't answer these questions, but I can guess how you would.

Have a good day.

October 23, 2006, 8:16 am CDT

dr phil this is for all 6 people you have in your house of hatered

all 6 of you make me sooooo  sick let me tell all of you just 1 thing your all wrong, let me tell you a little part of american history every one seems to not remember, my ansestors,walked this land free many many moons before any white or black person ever was even seen before in the history of this fine country,do you have a clue what race of people i am even talking about? i relly dont think so becouse all 6 of you are sooo wraped up in your owne hatersd you never even learned this countrys true history, but i will tell you this much my ancestors walked the trail of tears, look it up and see what people im talkin about, you have no wright to sit on your asses and talk about no one, after what all of your ancestors did to mine i should  not like any of you my reletives are still having to live on a resevation even after all these years, but guess what i hate no one i love every walk of life god has brought togather here on this world relly dont you think its a good thing we are in fact all fiffernt in some way gives us a chance to see and learn something new from a differnt race of people, what happened to my ancestors was a shame but i didnt live in that time and nether did any one here in this country today, soo relly it would be a very stupid thing for me to piss and moan about what your races did to mine hell i know we hadno controll over what happened 100s of years ago and i for one am glad to see this butiful country with all these butiful people living here,the only thing i do not like is seeing any one laying clame to what truley only god him self ownes and that is this land we call the planet earth, seems man has forgoton just who relly created this planet well every one god did, and he holds the title to this planet and many more we all are simpley care takers he created to take care of all he created here, is this how we take care of gods property? by destroying what we donot want to look at?by killing off races we dont think are fit to live here?or just for not looking like we do or being the same color we are? wow this relly is a screwed up world, satain is throwing a ball tonight i know!! why cant every one look at change with open arms and the exicement of a new adventure, that life has many new ones for every one to follow and learn and relly have a good time in doing so, its a true sin to waste what time god gave you here hating anything he created, that is true sin god created nothing bad,open your eyes and hearts to see the true beauty god has created here and stop seeing change as bad, stop looking at differance as not equal too,live life with love and lend that helping hand to your fellow man or woman no matter what walk of life there from, then and only then will you be intitled to go on to a much better world god has already created for the ones who have already learned to live this way, please dont be left behind dont fail gods test,you must pass this test bring your Fs up to As its not hard to do,(stop hating) and start loving,!!!!

October 23, 2006, 8:18 am CDT

We too shall rise!

Quote From: karilyn

I agree 100%to everything you have said,Teresa. I come from a family of 20 counting myself.  Some are very dark skinned and some look like indian. That's because my Great  Gramma was pure Indian and my Great Grandpa was black. My father was so ashamed of the black in us and wouldn't talk to us about it unless he was drunk.There isn't one of us that are like him.

I also have a sister who is a lesbian. She is the sweetest person. My family don't talk to her about it much but my daughter and I do and she loves that we take an interest in her life.

I am "obese" and I am working on it. I understand what obese people mean when they say how some people treat them. People like that do not know what they are talking about unless they have been there themselves. Overeating is a very big part of it but it's what causes the overeating that matters.

I say " Clean of your own doorstep before judging others. Leave that up to God.

we too shall rise! prejudice and intolerance of others is totally unspeakable. it only shows ignorance. For this counrty to be a sort of melting pot bothers me tremedously. This is one country that such hatred should not be tolerated. I appreciate what dr.phil is doing. In order to solve any problem it need to be confronted head on- I cant wait to see what the end results will be- did they learn or what?

You have to keep your head up regardless. Iam a black lesbian that dress in men clothing and does this make me any better or worse then yourself. I do not think so. First and foremost we are human skin color, weight, sexual orientation is only part of who we are- regardless human comes first your being comes second!

October 23, 2006, 8:23 am CDT

Its a proven fact that every person makes judgements about people before they get to know them. The instant you see someone walking towards you, or walking away from you, whether you know it or not, you have made a judgement. Its human nature. The people in the House of Hatred have just taken it to the extreme. Generalizations don't get you anywhere in life, but they are a fact of life.

Saying that because someone made comments about "pulling up next to a man on a motorcycle in all leather" or situations like that doesnt prove that they hate "those people" its just an example.

One thing that I have to say about the Dr. Phil house is that he has taken "Big brother" to the extreme, only he doesn't do it to exploit people, or get his ratings up, its for the good of America, and maybe the world. I usually can't stand these types of shows, but I am going to make sure I can continue to watch every Monday so I can see how these 6 people grow. Its certainly going to be interesting.

October 23, 2006, 8:31 am CDT

I tend to agree :)

Quote From: msdolly85

Once again, Dr. Phil has done it. He's found a way to get and keep my attention. I didn't think that I would enjoy this experiment, boy was I wrong - again. It's very interesting to see how we ALL really act (whether we want to admit it or not). We either see ourselves or someone we know in that house. Can't wait to view more...
 Yes he has, lol, I can't ever seem to find a show of Dr. Phil's that i dont like.  By the way its very nice to meet everyone :) I've been reading the post and tend to share the same views. We are ALL human, God made us one and all.   Does anyone have a favorite of the Dr. Phil House yet?? I think I like all of them a little bit.  thats just me though. I see the good in ALL people no matter what.  Yes, I see bad sometimes but I try my best to let the good outweigh the bad.  I see Good in ALL the people in that house.  I may be wrong but thats how i feel about it.. I do see bad.. but who Am I to judge the bad??   I don't ever remember seeing a show where Dr. Phil has not been able to help someone.  Ok im rambling sorry.. YES Dr. Phil has caught my attention again and I cant wait until the next show.

October 23, 2006, 8:32 am CDT

What are you gonna do?

I've seen and experienced a lot  of prejudice, hatred, jealousy and just down right meanness in my life and I've come to realize that no matter how much you try to get people to see themselves, some just don't want to look.  It seems that people with these type of issues tend to flock together, make excuses for one another and pat each other on the back when they do or say anything that fuels the fire.  It's almost like an addiction, and it takes up so much of your time.  What's really sad is that someday they will wake up and not even remember why they were all pissed off to begin with. So hopefully Dr Phil, you can help the people in "the house" and those who are watching get a grip, and not let another life go to waste holding on to this kind of crap until it's too late. 

October 23, 2006, 8:37 am CDT

Quote From: saemae

B was talking to the camera about Gary.  She said he was the "racist".  It struck me as funny, because she doesn't realize she is a racist as well.  Each person doesn't realize their own prejudice.  The anti fat girl thinks she is right and everyone else is wrong.  The obese guy thinks all skinny people are conceited jerks.  The lesbian thinks all heterosexuals are mindless breeders.  The homophobe believes lesbians are sickening.  It's ALL prejudice; but not to the person who holds these beliefs. 

Another thing B. said was all life began in Africa.  I don't believe that.  I don't buy into the theory of evolution; does that make me an ignorant racist?  Dr. Phil seems to think so.  He agrees with B.  B. said something that sounded smart; that makes her right?  Racism is sometimes misconstrued.  For example, just because I don't believe that ANY human being came from an inferior monkey-type being doesn't make me ignorant or a racist.  I know people who believe that only African Americans came from a monkey race, and I thinks that's just stupid.  So technically B. was agreeing with all the white racists I've ever come into contact with.  People have made so much of the whole politically correct debate now people have to tread on eggshells just to keep from being called prejudiced.  Personally, I'm tired of it.  You're entitled to your beliefs and opinions and I'm entitled to mine.  I have been a victim of prejudice myself, but I just see these people as losers who have esteem issues and take it out on those who differ from them.  Your color means nothing to me.  The way you treat me speaks volumes.  It ain't color or physical appearance, it's the condition of your heart that makes you good or bad.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 23, 2006, 8:47 am CDT

Quote From: elffie

Wow, seems like you have a problem with a lot of people in society.  I'll answer some of your questions though.

All of the ones saying we should just love and accept everyone I would like to ask this question do you look a street person in the eye when you pass them by?

Yes.

Do you think to yourself well if I give this person money they are just going to buy alcohol or drugs with it?

To be honest, sure, I have thought about that at one time.  BUT I do help out.  I have given food or clothing to people on the street.  I have given half of a pizza to a man on the street because we were on our way home from a party and had left overs and knew he needed it more than myself.  My husband and I are very giving people.

When you pass a man on the street who has lots of tattoos, wearing jeans with holes in them and a torn t-shirt do you cross to the other side thinking this is some member of a gang?

No.  Why would you buy into the steroetype that this man is in a gang?  I have tattoos and so does my husband and we surely are NOT in a gang! LOL 

Do you ride down the road and pass a person on a motorcycle wearing leather and hope and pray the stop light up ahead doesn't catch you so you won't have to sit beside this person in traffic?

LOL!  Why would you hope and pray that you don't have to sit next to that person? See, this is why you do have a problem with most people in society.  Why?

How many of you stand over the plumber when he comes to do work on your sink?

Uh...no.  I don't think my husband would like that too much if I stood over him while he was working on something. LOL  My husband fixes everything around our place, I don't have to worry about that.  And when we lived in a house he did all of the landscaping as well. =)

So I guess I am very accepting.  How about you?  You didn't answer these questions, but I can guess how you would.

Have a good day.

I have been that homeless person. I have first hand seen the prejudice of others because of the beautiful art work on my husbands body. He is the plumber that gets watched like a hawk because of peoples perceived notions of him. Accepting yes I am but I have seen first hand how accepting people in this society are of people who are different. It makes me ill when you hear Mr or Mrs Dudley Do right preach about equality and then they look down their noses at the people I have made reference to. I get sick at the prejudice of those that scream racial equality and then on the other hand look at my husband with his tattoos and think he is some sort of piece of trash because of them. They don't know him. They don't even try to know him. They just judge and go. I know there is a difference between racial equality and perceived equality well what about human equality? Where did that get shuffled to?

October 23, 2006, 9:16 am CDT

Quote From: powers009

I have been that homeless person. I have first hand seen the prejudice of others because of the beautiful art work on my husbands body. He is the plumber that gets watched like a hawk because of peoples perceived notions of him. Accepting yes I am but I have seen first hand how accepting people in this society are of people who are different. It makes me ill when you hear Mr or Mrs Dudley Do right preach about equality and then they look down their noses at the people I have made reference to. I get sick at the prejudice of those that scream racial equality and then on the other hand look at my husband with his tattoos and think he is some sort of piece of trash because of them. They don't know him. They don't even try to know him. They just judge and go. I know there is a difference between racial equality and perceived equality well what about human equality? Where did that get shuffled to?
I watch people who come into my house, not like a hawk, but I'm sorry. I think that's simply smart. I don't care what they look like. They could look as wholesome as milk, I'm still gonna keep my eye on them if I don't know them. I have a daugther and letting someone in your home creates a vulnerable situation. This isn't prejudice, this is simply how the world works.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last