Message Boards

Topic : 06/18 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Number of Replies: 566
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:48:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/23/06) Dr. Phil conducts a groundbreaking social experiment. Six individuals from different walks of life, with different judgments and prejudices live under the same roof in an attempt to break down the walls of hatred and intolerance. Gary, 26, is a white supremacist who hates all people of other races. B., 58, is an African-American woman who thinks all white people are "ignorant sociopaths." Staci, 22, is a thin woman who thinks obese people are "disgusting blobs" and not people at all. John, 24, is over 600 pounds and hates skinny people. Christina, 22, believes all homosexuals are sinners. Tessa, 19, is a lesbian who hates straight people. Dr. Phil puts them to the test with assignments that force them to work together with their adversary. It doesn’t take long for hostility to break out, sending Dr. Phil over to the house, saying, “This has got to stop.” Will these guests learn acceptance, or turn on each other? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 23, 2006, 12:58 pm CDT

WOW!!!!!

Holy Cow!  This is the most negative environment that anyone can ever be in.   When you have hatred in your heart it eats away at you like a cancer.  People think prejudice only happens to certain people and this proves it happens to everyone.  I can't believe people are really like this and will say stuff right in your face.  I think the worse guy in the house besides the racists is the big guy.   It's time to open our minds and realize we all bleed red, we all cry tears we all are capable of love.  It's tough to be just about anyone these days, so stop feeling sorry for yourself and start being proactive.  Start with doing at  least one nice thing a day for someone you don't like.  Breakdown that barrier, because you will end up alone and full of hate.  We have to start realizing that we are all the same race.       

October 23, 2006, 1:08 pm CDT

10/23 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Quote From: lucky24

The sad thing about this particular group of people is how very much alike they all really are - and they don't even see it.  
That is sooooo true Lucky...very very true.

October 23, 2006, 1:10 pm CDT

This episode

I love this episode because it shows how real and how cruel this world is.... the only thing for these people to do is to try to work out their differences....If not I think it was a waste of time for them to go onto the show.... Like John if he isn't going to try to change then yea he should leave because it was no reason for him to go to the Dr. Phil house.

October 23, 2006, 1:14 pm CDT

Back in the day!

It's probably better to be ignorant of racism sometimes.  When I was growing up I didn't know what racism was.  I wasn't taught to hate anyone, it was just never addressed.  Then when I was in high school we had the first Gulf War.  Someone had said something about killing the Jews because they were the cause of the war.  I didn't understand what that meant.  I never knew people felt such hatred against Jews.  I was ignorant of the jokes made about them.  I didn't know what the hoop-la was.  To this day I don't get what people have against Jewish people.  Even Jews make fun of Jews.  Same with Black people, I never knew you had to not like them or what certain stereo-types meant.  I only know what my experiences were.  I am still ignorant of the hatred that I'm suppose to feel towards certain people.  I know this stuff goes on but I never knew I was suppose be a part of it.  So, my point is sometimes it's better not to know how to hate.

October 23, 2006, 1:15 pm CDT

First Post :D

On the topic of co existing, I think that if the individuals actually spent time with one another instead of blaming each other about differences (race,sexuality,weight)  they  could have a civil discussion. If humans of different races, sexualities and so on have existed for thousands of years then why not exist just for a little while in the Dr. Phil house?

October 23, 2006, 1:17 pm CDT

I should have been on the show today!

got your attention didnt I?? The reason i should have been on the show is b/c i do hate a certain type of people. STUPID PEOPLE, people who hate b/c of color race ect.  If you hate some one b/c of the person they are, not looks beleifs and what not thats fine im not sayin i dont hate people. but good lord people get over yourself! it just shows how stupid YOU really are. some days i wish every one was blind. i really do. but as i said before GET OVER YOURSELF! We are all human

October 23, 2006, 1:28 pm CDT

10/23 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Quote From: purplepenny

But that's the point. Someone like me doesn't believe in God, yet I think we can all coexist.
well duh, i mena think how boring it would be if every one believed the same things... nothing to post blogs about,lol

October 23, 2006, 1:36 pm CDT

Know some things

this is for B i wonder if she knows that her own race sold her to people for money, there is a movie i watched in history that it shows how there own people sold them and there trip to america and how white lawyers fought for them for there freedom. i wonder also that somtimes black people lean on say when things dont go there way that its because im black. shes says shes not a racist but she is, she doesnt like white people. i think it is horrible that people act that way we are all a lot alike we just come from different walks of life. Gary is also very ignorant to think that white people she rule, no one is now a days just white, we are mixes of everything and if we weren't what a boring life that would be, we would be like robots. i am white and my husband is mexican, and even though we come from different lives we are some much a like and we complete each other. i just wish people would focus more on the more important things in life especially in the world today. the shape that its in race should be the last thing on our minds. i hope everyone gets help in that house and others who are watching we all can learn something and we need to be open minded, even though  sometimes its hard, god bless to all!

October 23, 2006, 1:39 pm CDT

This is why our children hate...

You only have to look in the Dr. Phil house to see why our children hate. They are exposed to people like these everyday. It is not enough that we raise our children not to hate or discriminate. We must change the minds of people like the ones in the house. How? More experiments like the one Dr. Phil is doing? God help us all if it takes extremes like that! More power to you Dr. Phil.

October 23, 2006, 1:44 pm CDT

Wow..

I have been watching dr. phil for 30 min now and already 'B' is aggravating me!! I dont believe myself to be racist, but enough is enough! Some of these people think that we owe them something! They say that 'they' were forced over here.  They were not, their ancestors were! And i think over the years we have said, as a country, that we are sorry. They have Black History Month and Black Colleges, but God forbid that we have a White/Caucasian/European (whatever you want to call it) Month or an All White College!! If something like that would happen im sure there would be lawsuits flying left and right!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last