Message Boards

Topic : 06/18 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Number of Replies: 566
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:48:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/23/06) Dr. Phil conducts a groundbreaking social experiment. Six individuals from different walks of life, with different judgments and prejudices live under the same roof in an attempt to break down the walls of hatred and intolerance. Gary, 26, is a white supremacist who hates all people of other races. B., 58, is an African-American woman who thinks all white people are "ignorant sociopaths." Staci, 22, is a thin woman who thinks obese people are "disgusting blobs" and not people at all. John, 24, is over 600 pounds and hates skinny people. Christina, 22, believes all homosexuals are sinners. Tessa, 19, is a lesbian who hates straight people. Dr. Phil puts them to the test with assignments that force them to work together with their adversary. It doesn’t take long for hostility to break out, sending Dr. Phil over to the house, saying, “This has got to stop.” Will these guests learn acceptance, or turn on each other? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 21, 2006, 6:02 am CDT

This topic makes me so sad!

When I saw what the new topic was this week on Dr.PHil it made me so sad. I wish we could all just get along, and that there didn't have to be such anger and hatred towards people. My father was slightly prejudiced against black people (would say the "n" word, make comments about blacks...not that he knew any!) But my two sisters and I are not like that at all. I just don't see how someone can look at a race of people, or at overweight(or thin) people and say, you are all like x,y and z and I hate you, and furthermore, I am going to raise my kids to hate you too. The whole idea of not only hating yourself but raising your kids like that fills me with despair. We are never going to be able to rise above our troubles as a nation, as a people and as the human race if we don't start seeing that people are people. There are good and bad in every race, in every sexual orientation.

October 21, 2006, 2:18 pm CDT

This should be interesting....

Zowza.....

All of us have some hidden agenda towards a certain type of person or lifestyle to some extent - whether we want to admit it or not.

This should open everyone's eyes to just how it sounds and better yet effects people.

Bravo for Dr. Phil for taking it out of the closet. Many people live with this type of behaviour in their face( or worse behind their back) at some time or another.

As someone who is on government assistance and actively seeking a job - I get frustrated when I am told that people who "collect' or on the government payroll are just plain lazy and working the system.

I want a job where I can make ends meet and have some savings - so I don't have to go on the system again! i want what everyone else wants - security, savings, pride in a job well done and recognition for my skills and expertise - Not a hand -out!

I am disabled (legally blind - low vision) and know I have not gotten a job because of my disability and someone's perception and view of "who I am".....and what I was capable of.

Oops I will get off my soap box...discrimination of any kind shouldn't be tolerated.

GO Dr. Phil - GO!  Bravo!

Cheers!

Mini

October 21, 2006, 3:20 pm CDT

I'm sad too.

Quote From: foxsmum

When I saw what the new topic was this week on Dr.PHil it made me so sad. I wish we could all just get along, and that there didn't have to be such anger and hatred towards people. My father was slightly prejudiced against black people (would say the "n" word, make comments about blacks...not that he knew any!) But my two sisters and I are not like that at all. I just don't see how someone can look at a race of people, or at overweight(or thin) people and say, you are all like x,y and z and I hate you, and furthermore, I am going to raise my kids to hate you too. The whole idea of not only hating yourself but raising your kids like that fills me with despair. We are never going to be able to rise above our troubles as a nation, as a people and as the human race if we don't start seeing that people are people. There are good and bad in every race, in every sexual orientation.

I wish we could all get along too. My parents were gracious to everyone,and I was raised that way. I may not always agree with everything (like homosexuality is against my religion) But, I don't hate homosexuals or bi-sexuals(my best friend is) We just don't agree. (We don't agree on religion either)-she's Wiccan but she's still my B.F.

Anyway, as I said ...about my parents....well, imagine my surprise  when my half-brother (28 years my senior and raised by his mom) used the N word and went on about blacks,and Jews etc. I'll give him this he was an equal opportunity hater as he hated just about everything and everyone.

I guess the ironic thing is this.. in getting a family geneology search done I found we're of at least some Jewish background.  Dad's side (albeit 100's of years back) and there were name changes ,conversions also we found Native American ancestry. I guess you can never be too sure of who slept with who's milkman and of just how "pure those bloodlines are"

as far as the thin/fat thing, I used to be really thin until I got on birth control, I gained 75 pounds in  one year. Hormones are funny things. It's been a constant struggle ever since and I don' eat a whole lot and walk every where. Sounds like these people just need to grow up.

October 21, 2006, 5:32 pm CDT

really terrible

This kind of stuff is really awful. What kind of person will go around with this kind of hate-based thinking and worst of all, if some of these people have children, they're teaching this kind of nonsense to their kids. It's a shame that even today in 2006, racism and other forms of bias still exist. I think these people need to grow up and realize that everyone is different in a good way. We are all gifts from God Almighty and he loves us all the same.

Kenneth from Los Angeles(age 22)

October 21, 2006, 7:52 pm CDT

Agree to Disagree

I think that these people that are going to go through this experience should just remember that everyone is different.. and that being *different* is what makes us unique, special, and free. They should just agree to disagree....agree that they will probably never look at life the same way as the other. C'mon ppl, it should be that simple, don't you think??

Best of luck to them... and to Dr. Phil!! I hope they all learn something from this. Good idea for an experiment tho, I do have to admit!   This is going to be interesting.... and I hope that we (fans) can learn of their lifestyles after some time has past since they have been in TDPH!

October 21, 2006, 9:07 pm CDT

10/23 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Quote From: soulangel

Zowza.....

All of us have some hidden agenda towards a certain type of person or lifestyle to some extent - whether we want to admit it or not.

This should open everyone's eyes to just how it sounds and better yet effects people.

Bravo for Dr. Phil for taking it out of the closet. Many people live with this type of behaviour in their face( or worse behind their back) at some time or another.

As someone who is on government assistance and actively seeking a job - I get frustrated when I am told that people who "collect' or on the government payroll are just plain lazy and working the system.

I want a job where I can make ends meet and have some savings - so I don't have to go on the system again! i want what everyone else wants - security, savings, pride in a job well done and recognition for my skills and expertise - Not a hand -out!

I am disabled (legally blind - low vision) and know I have not gotten a job because of my disability and someone's perception and view of "who I am".....and what I was capable of.

Oops I will get off my soap box...discrimination of any kind shouldn't be tolerated.

GO Dr. Phil - GO!  Bravo!

Cheers!

Mini

You really believe that?

October 22, 2006, 10:29 am CDT

We Breathe The Same Air & Bleed The Same Color!

I agree with everyone else that has posted so far..... Its utterly ridiculous that these issues are still a huge issue or even an issue at all in 2006, almost 2007! I wish these people & others like them would just realize that we are ALL people, we are ALL God's children & that if he wanted us all to be the same he would've made us the same! You don't necessarily have to agree with someone's lifestyle or whatever but just realize that we are ALL PEOPLE & the very least you could do is treat other's with RESPECT! No matter what color, shape or sexual orientation someone is, we ALL breathe the SAME air & bleed the SAME color! These people need get over themselves & grow up!

October 22, 2006, 1:36 pm CDT

This is very sad...

It is so sad that there are enough people like this int he world to make this show necessary... it's time to grow up and stop bashing anyone that is different from you.... no matter their race, gender, weight , religion, sexual orientation, etc. etc. be nice to others.... why make your life and other people's lives so painful?
It is so ridiculous for all these people to waste their time and energy on being pigs to others. Use your energy constructively, volunteer, give time and energy to not-for-profit organization…. Be a good person and don’t start your day by thinking how much you hate someone.

I hope Dr. Phil can show these guests how “off their rockers” they are.   

October 22, 2006, 1:37 pm CDT

No comment, yet

I'm not gonna make any prejudicial statements since that is what I'd be doing, and since I have not viewed this segment. I'm very interested, however. If I'm not around to watch it, I'm gonna record the program.  Oh, GOD, I hope I'm not a prejudice person.   Peace

October 22, 2006, 4:07 pm CDT

10/23 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred

Quote From: rissa140

I agree with everyone else that has posted so far..... Its utterly ridiculous that these issues are still a huge issue or even an issue at all in 2006, almost 2007! I wish these people & others like them would just realize that we are ALL people, we are ALL God's children & that if he wanted us all to be the same he would've made us the same! You don't necessarily have to agree with someone's lifestyle or whatever but just realize that we are ALL PEOPLE & the very least you could do is treat other's with RESPECT! No matter what color, shape or sexual orientation someone is, we ALL breathe the SAME air & bleed the SAME color! These people need get over themselves & grow up!
As my grandma would say "We all put our pants on the same way!"

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last