Message Boards

Topic : 07/20 Fifty and Fabulous!

Number of Replies: 145
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:50:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/24/06) Aging used to be a word that made women cringe, but now 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30. Along with his wife, Robin, Dr. Phil talks to fantastic 50-something women! Donna is 52 and says her 22-year-old son, Anthony, disapproves of her frequenting the same clubs he goes to. Anthony says his mom likes to stay out until 4:00 in the morning, date guys his age and wear revealing clothes. Will Anthony learn to accept his mom’s lifestyle? Then, Dori says she’s clueless about fashion. She wears jeans and a ponytail every day, and has only bought two new outfits in 20 years! Robin and fashion expert Cojo come to the rescue! Plus, the big prize winner in Robin's “50 and Fabulous!” search is revealed, and Dr. Phil and Robin honor an inspiring woman who helps ailing children of war. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2007, 9:14 am CDT

I just have to say "This brought a tear to my eye."

Quote From: dgbabsey

A friend is like a book that has to be read to appreciate its beauty. As such, you're one of the finest books ever written. How I wish you could be reprinted! 

Thank you Robin, for writng "Close To My Heart".

Love Ya

Babsey DG Extraordinaire 

I am so choked up, I can hardly type these words. So touching!

July 27, 2007, 2:34 pm CDT

Fabu;ous 50's

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin,

I really enjoyed your show, July 20, 2007 in reference to the "Fabulous 50's". I thought a great idea would be to have a "Fabulous 70's Show". There are so many wonderful women in their 70's and I think it could be a fun show. I happen to be 73 going on 74 or possibly 25! I especially got a kick out of Donna and how much fun she is having even though her son resents it. You are only as old as you feel.

I lead a fabulous lije with a wonderful family. I am in the upper middle class and am proud of that. I still work in the Real Estate Industry which has so many opportunities for women my age. I started this second career in 1973 and still love what I do. I belong to 3 Women's clubs, 2 of which do a lot of charity work. I am proud to help each year with "Daffodil Days" for the American Cancer Society.

I often hear women say, gee, I have nothing to do! There are so many charities that we can help aid and clubs for women to just have a great time after retirement. The women I surround myself with are all so positive and many between 60 and 80. These women are amazing and simply enjoy life. They all dress very classy and have such a positive attitude. We all go to parties and dancing quite often. We love entertaining  and any excuse to play.

My husband goes along with all my activities and through these clubs he has som terrific male friends. We are both ver active, he walks on the pier everyday and I go to a woman's gym at least 5 days a week. Our daughter is 53 and is quite amazing herself.

Regards,

Jean Marsh

August 11, 2007, 9:25 pm CDT

FIFTY AND FABULOUS

Quote From: willsbaby2

I WILL BE 50 IN MARCH------ IF THE GOOD LORD SEES FIT--------I LOST 2 OLDER SISTERS ONE AT 47 AND ONE AT 49.

LAST OCTOBER 29TH I MARRIED THE GREATEST GUY IN THE WORLD. THIS OCTOBER 29TH HE WILL BE 30.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HAPPY. I WAS MARRIED TO A MAN A YEAR YOUNGER THAN ME HE WAS A CHEATER AND ABUSER

MY SECOND HUSBAND WAS AN ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC. HE TRIED TO BE MY DAD HE WAS 7 YEARS OLDER

MY NEW HUSBAND LOVES ME AND HE TREATS ME LIKE A QUEEN.

BY THE WAY I HAVE 3 KIDS------ 28,26, AND 21. MY SON IS THE YOUNGEST. HE AND MY HUSBAND ARE BEST FRIENDS IN FACT HE WAS HIS BEST MAN .ALL 3 OF MY KIDS LIKE HIM AND ARE GLAD I FINALLY HAVE A GOOD MAN IN MY LIFE

I FOUGHT IT FOR AWHILE BECAUSE OF THE AGE DIFFERENCE. BUT I WAS TIRED OF GETTING IN A RELATIONSHIP AND THEN FINDING OUT THEY WERE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING OR JUST WANTED SOMEONE TO USE.

BY THE WAY MY HUSBAND IS NOT A GIGGILO I AM ON DISABILITY AND HE WORKS

Keep your Faith in the Lord.You will have many Happy and Joyful years ahead of you.It's good you have a man that Loves you and your Family also has a good relationship with.At 50 I'm on my 4th divorce and I've been on Disability since I was 30.Thank God for a man that takes care of you and not from you.It's also good that you choose to wait and let the Lord Bless you with a man that has no addictions.More power to you and never give up praying.The Lord helps those who help themselves.1more thing everyone I knew told me not to marry this man who I'm almost divorced from.I should have listened.As soon as we were married he isolated me from friends family and Church.I just turned 50 in June and he is 58.We got married in 2003 and I should have listened now the Lord has taken ahold of this and things are moving very fast.4th Husband did not need him found out he was a man still living with his mother and just wanted  out of the house at 54.Hang in there.You have God and your Family behind you and so do I.God Bless you.

August 24, 2007, 8:17 am CDT

07/20 Fifty and Fabulous!

hi.. i'm a girl from the netherlands 26 jears old.. and i have read the story online.. and i'm thinking it's weird when youre parents are behaving like that..  when i'm going out in a club.. i don't like it to see my mom or dad there.. because i always have the feeling the watch me or the try to be like me.. there is a different age en so i think it's no wrong that the go out.. but not with in same club or with people of my age.. that's wrong.. it's looks like a midlife crisis to me when they are behaving like that..

greetings from bianca a gril from the netherlands..

September 5, 2007, 11:41 pm CDT

FIFTY AND FABULOUS

Quote From: nance61

I am 47,  I wear a size 10 low straight  505 levi. I have them in dark blue, white and black. I also have a few custom made hemp draw string pants for the summer. I have a collection of Rolling Stones t-shirts, several different types of blouses, keds and converse and addias sneakers, sandals and flip flops.  This is what my income allows me to buy and I  haven't been able to buy anything new in over 2 years.  When I see the shows about fashion and what and what not to wear, they may as well be screaming classism.

I can not afford the type of outfits being presented on these shows. ALSO, depending on your geographical location. they are not even offered at the local department stores. So it just seems to me, that when you have these types of shows, you are only talking to the women who have husbands (second income) or women who have a disposable income. 

Hello 47 and size 10.Everything you described is in fashion right.Ventage T-Shirts comfortable shoes also the brands are some of the hottest brands going.Never get rid of your 505 Levis, they are always in style.Shirts always can be mixed and matched.And hemp pants and skirts are very expensive.I live on a budget and in California and these items alone you have to pay $50.00 and above.Me I find the best clothes and great prices at the thrift stores.They have everything and those shoes and handbags you want also.Mall stores send there jewelary to the thrift stores.Check it out when you have some money to go look.I have friends that have gone to the thrift stores and came back with designer labels and some still have the price tags on them. Imagine getting a designer suit /dress/Evening Gown that cost over $1000.00 name brand/designer label for $15.00.Check it out and God Bless You.

First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next Page | Last Page