Message Boards

Topic : 07/20 Fifty and Fabulous!

Number of Replies: 145
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:50:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/24/06) Aging used to be a word that made women cringe, but now 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30. Along with his wife, Robin, Dr. Phil talks to fantastic 50-something women! Donna is 52 and says her 22-year-old son, Anthony, disapproves of her frequenting the same clubs he goes to. Anthony says his mom likes to stay out until 4:00 in the morning, date guys his age and wear revealing clothes. Will Anthony learn to accept his mom’s lifestyle? Then, Dori says she’s clueless about fashion. She wears jeans and a ponytail every day, and has only bought two new outfits in 20 years! Robin and fashion expert Cojo come to the rescue! Plus, the big prize winner in Robin's “50 and Fabulous!” search is revealed, and Dr. Phil and Robin honor an inspiring woman who helps ailing children of war. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 24, 2006, 1:31 pm CDT

60's fabulous too!

While Robin looks fabulous, and she does, I wanted to share a story about my mom who is 60 and fabulous!  She just turned 62, but doesn't look a day over 40, and as a matter of fact, whenever we go anywhere together and I refer to her as mom, everyone that hears it stops and says "That's you mom?!  I thought you were sisters!"  Which is great for her, but it starts to make me wonder about how young I look, or don't look!  But no one thinks that I am 38 either, so I guess that good jeans run in the family, and I know that they do because I also have a grandmother (my moms mom) that will be 90 this April and she still looks like she's in her 70's and is still so spry, active and sharp that most poeple think she is only 70!  Anyway, if you ever want to do a "60 and Fabulous" show, or even a show about young looking family members over generations, I have the family to feature!

Sincerely,

Sandie Smetzer

October 24, 2006, 1:42 pm CDT

Makeover 'Afters' should also include casual clothes

Why is it that the makeover 'afters' are always in dresses/skirts and heels?  Just once I'd like to see a makeover of a woman's casual day to day wardrobe. I know it's not as dramatic a difference for TV, but much more practical to people like me. 

October 24, 2006, 1:45 pm CDT

WOW

WOW I am 47-years young and not loving the fact I'm getting older!!!  But after listening to today's show, reading a few messages and Robin McGraw's enthusiasm.... I'm so excited to grow older now!

Have a great day everyone!

Linda

October 24, 2006, 2:01 pm CDT

question about comment

Someone made a comment that you should not wear flat shoes with blue jeans.  What about those of us who for what ever reason cannot wear heals?  I have bad knees and weak ankles and have been told to not wear heals of more than 1or 1 1/2 inch lift due to the stress it causes on the joints.  All I have are grandma shoes, I am 55, and they are UGLY.  Got any advice?

October 24, 2006, 2:02 pm CDT

bah humbug

It's great if you're 50, look and feel fabulous but what about those of us who are 50 and don't feel fabulous.  I'm 56 with RA (rhuematoid arthritis) and although I don't look crippled, I sure as heck hurt a lot.  Living with pain on a daily basis makes a big difference in your life, emotionally and physically.  I know there are more that are even worse than myself so this program just didn't have anything for me.  It only reminded me what I can't do.  Most days, despite my situation, I feel happy just because I'm still alive but my retirement years sure don't look like I'll be doing a whole lot that I wanted to, like travel.  And it's not all due to the RA.  My job became "work force reduction", however, they hired people in Canada and Jamaica to do what I and others in America do.  Gee, that put a damper on the retirement funds.  50 and fabulous....yeah right

October 24, 2006, 2:08 pm CDT

makeovers?

So what's wrong with being natural and just wearing clean clothes? 

The fashion industry, makeup industry, etc tell us we aren't beautiful unless we buy their products.  THAT's HORRIBLE!!!  This kind of propaganda causes discrimination, dips deeply into your pockets, and adds to eating disorders.  Where are our priorities?

October 24, 2006, 2:28 pm CDT

50 and feeling great!

I just wanted to say, I am 50 and feel great right now.  I have been active all my life.  I used to play 3 games on 3 leagues of basketball each week in the fall and winter and into the spring, until I was 39 years old, and in the summer I played fastpitch softball, and ran 5 miles a day.  Then I got divorced and didn't feel very well about myself, and started putting on weight, but now I am back to getting back into shape.  I am walking 2 miles a day, sometimes ride a bike afterwards if the weather permits, and then I work out with weights, so I am on my way to my goal.  I recently went to visit my children who are all grown and on their own, 29, 27 and 21, and went to the state fair there, and I  was mistaken as being my  daughter's sister, which really made my day, and I was also mistaken for being my son's girlfriend.  I think being active and not smoking and taking care of yourself really does make a difference.  Thanks for listening.

October 24, 2006, 2:28 pm CDT

FIFTY AND FABS

I AM 39 YEARS OLD  AND TRULY INSPIRED BY ROBIN MCGRAW

ROBIN  MCGRAW  IS  TRULY  MY  ROLE  MODEL.   I  PRAY  THAT  I  HAVE

THE  SAME  GRACE  AND  CLASSINESS  AS  SHE  WHEN  I  AM  IN  MY

50'S !

I LOVE MOST OF HER QUOTES IN HER BOOK !  I LOVE HOW SHE

REMINDS  OF DR. PHIL'S QUOTES ABOUT  MAKING CHOICES.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE  DR. PHIL WRITES IN HIS BOOKS:

"WE FEAR WHAT WE CREATE ."

ROBIN, THANK YOU FOR CONTINUALLY BEING THERE FOR ME!

I LOVE YOU DEARLY !!

ELIZABETH MICHELLE HEPNER  ( BETH93)

October 24, 2006, 2:41 pm CDT

it was so good to see you honor a woman who has went forth and given so much of her life to help children she didnt know

for these children she truley was a god sent angel

October 24, 2006, 2:59 pm CDT

Fifty and Fabulous

Quote From: beth93

I AM 39 YEARS OLD  AND TRULY INSPIRED BY ROBIN MCGRAW

ROBIN  MCGRAW  IS  TRULY  MY  ROLE  MODEL.   I  PRAY  THAT  I  HAVE

THE  SAME  GRACE  AND  CLASSINESS  AS  SHE  WHEN  I  AM  IN  MY

50'S !

I LOVE MOST OF HER QUOTES IN HER BOOK !  I LOVE HOW SHE

REMINDS  OF DR. PHIL'S QUOTES ABOUT  MAKING CHOICES.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE  DR. PHIL WRITES IN HIS BOOKS:

"WE FEAR WHAT WE CREATE ."

ROBIN, THANK YOU FOR CONTINUALLY BEING THERE FOR ME!

I LOVE YOU DEARLY !!

ELIZABETH MICHELLE HEPNER  ( BETH93)

I loved the show, we all seem to get happier as those things that plague us when younger no matter matter.  I must say that I am no longer fifty and fabulous, but 60 and "SENSATIONAL"...my life has been a fabulous sensation.

I especially enjoyed the "makeover" and you could truly see the lady beam knowing that she looked fabulous.  Thank you Robin & Dr Phil you are indeed an inspiration and a daily part of my busy life.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last