Message Boards

Topic : 07/20 Fifty and Fabulous!

Number of Replies: 145
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 20, 2006, 01:50:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/24/06) Aging used to be a word that made women cringe, but now 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30. Along with his wife, Robin, Dr. Phil talks to fantastic 50-something women! Donna is 52 and says her 22-year-old son, Anthony, disapproves of her frequenting the same clubs he goes to. Anthony says his mom likes to stay out until 4:00 in the morning, date guys his age and wear revealing clothes. Will Anthony learn to accept his mom’s lifestyle? Then, Dori says she’s clueless about fashion. She wears jeans and a ponytail every day, and has only bought two new outfits in 20 years! Robin and fashion expert Cojo come to the rescue! Plus, the big prize winner in Robin's “50 and Fabulous!” search is revealed, and Dr. Phil and Robin honor an inspiring woman who helps ailing children of war. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 24, 2006, 3:09 pm CDT

55 and ?

I am a soon to be 55 year old who most of the time does not feel 55 but other days.....part of what keeps me feeling younger is that I am mom to an 8 year old. I have had my grandson since the age of ten months and legally adopted him at the age of two. I divorced his adoptive father nearly 2 years ago.  I try to be as active with him as I can but due to some health issues (cancer) I can't always do the things I know that he would like to do.  I would love some day to have a makeover of some kind, even if it's a mini one, know what I mean? Between the divorce and the cancer, I feel like I look every day of my 55 years. But then again, I've earned every one of those wrinkles. Just feel like it would be nice to have a day of pampering.  I think as mom's, we tend to put everyone else first and forget our own needs, sometimes out of neccesity.  Would be great if all mom's could have a day of feeling like they are special.

October 24, 2006, 3:14 pm CDT

donna is HOTT

she is gorgeous. I hope my wife looks that good at that age. Her son needs to back off. Older women are younger guys fantasies. Women are like good irish whiskey, they get better with age. But like wine with too much age they sour.

October 24, 2006, 3:20 pm CDT

Mom who doesn't stop!

My grandfather passed away about 4 weeks ago and my grandmother, about 20 years ago, whom we still have not come at pease with.  My mother has 8 brothers and sisters and many neices and nephews but Grandpa was the glue.  Every holiday we all gathered and spend time together - not saying that he wasn't happy to us leave, especially the litte ones, LOL.  My mohter is in her 50's and I am ill and my sister works. We are in our 30's.  Almost every day my mother goes to clean out 60 years of accumualtive things that my pack rat grandfather kept.  If it was on sale - He bought it!!  There are a few aunts and unlces that do come around once in awhile but tried to help here and there also but it is so much.  We really do not want an outsie agency to come in for auction everything because he has some WWII memorabilable, along with other thing we are finding such as my grandmothers polich cook boo.  These are minimal but mean more than anything.  for the most part my mother is doing it all.  My husband and I have helped when we can.  She no longer vacations with my father and is at my grandfather's house or dealing with his business.  It is consumed here life. We have enough money to hold on to the house until next spring and we want to have one last Christmas there.  Is this is a good idea?  Can  you give me some suggestions on how to deal with my mother?  We haven't had a very good realationship and I have told her to get here brothers and sisters to help her but she feels as if she has to do this on her own to make her parents proud - not that they are not proud of her.  I do miss my Grandpa too. We used to talk on the phone for hours about 5:00 a.m. He was the only one up at that time because Matlock came on and he could not miss that.  After his severe stroke, he was left alone in his house for approximately 3 days from what we can determine based on the last time my mother visited him and papers in the doorway.  As of September 11, 2005 - he became an invalid and could not funcion himself at all.  My mother changed his depend diapers, etc. I am sure you get the picture.  Any advise on how I can deal with my mother?

October 24, 2006, 3:25 pm CDT

My Nana

My Nana, Carolyn, is 56, and is SO fabulous. Every time I see her, which is about once a week at church, she always has a smile on her face. When ever I'm down my Nana just says "Everything will be OK Jesse." I pray that I will be as fabulous as my Nana when I'm in my fifties!

October 24, 2006, 3:27 pm CDT

how DOES one dress "casual"?

I am not 50 or 40 but I am also not in my 20's. I have the worst time dressing "casual". To me, casual does not include a skirt or a dress. What I end up with is capri's that my husband says make me look funny and sweats. There is so much for younger girls that don't have lumps and bumps that need to be concealed. I want to be comfortable, wear flats and still look presentable.

October 24, 2006, 3:45 pm CDT

Fifty is the new Forty!

Okay, so my hubby just turned fifity-wow!  I really can't believe it!  He looks about forty something.  It really made me think about my life.  Of course, my husband is much older (!?$#!)....Do you remember when your parents turned fifty?  Weren't they so old!?

I did not do anything too over the top for his birthday, beacuse several years from now, I could be in serious trouble.  Okay, so the candles that relight were a little bit amusing!

I truly belive that fifity is the new forty!

Have fun!

October 24, 2006, 3:51 pm CDT

The LeAnn Segment

'What was the thing Dr.Phil says that LeAnn says she follows?

October 24, 2006, 3:52 pm CDT

54 and in a rut

I am 54 and in an endless rut. I work, come home, watch TV go to sleep and start all over again the next day. I don't go out much anymore since my husband passed 9 years ago . I love to bowl but don't do that anymore. I have hardley no teeth. (due to illness) i cut my own hair,don't smile much anymore either. I make myself presentable for work. When I am not at work i don't care what i look like.  like old jeans and T shirts or sweat shirts. I'm fat too. I had gastric partition many years ago . Lost a lot of weight only to gain it back when I got pregnant. I love my daughter very much, she is 20 now. She keeps telling me to get out more. I was never one to go out by myself. I have many friends but they are younger than me. When I am with them, I feel out of place. So what is so great about being 50?

October 24, 2006, 3:52 pm CDT

ENOUGH already!!!

I really adore Robin, just like most folks. But in the name of all that is sacred, if Dr. Phil mentions the name of her book one more time I'm going to run screaming down the street!  I plan to read it, at least I won't possibly forget the title! He mentions it at least 30 times an episode.

October 24, 2006, 3:55 pm CDT

Great show!

I really like the show today and i think that people whatever age should be able to have fun. Dr. Phil was right once agian!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last