Message Boards

Topic : Sex

Number of Replies: 559
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:09:39 pm
Author : dataimport
Are you happy with your sex life? Or do you ask, "What sex life?" Share your story with other singles.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 15, 2006, 5:25 pm CST

Sex

Quote From: pinkchica

So i met this really great guy...and he is...i was under the impression we were dating but apparently i was under the wrong impression...after "hanging out" for over a month..during which time we have slept together more than one occasion...one night he said that we should be "friends wiht great benefits"...then continued to goon about how he is screwed up when it comes to relationships and uada yada...i believe he is genuine in what he says...all of this has been said to my face so i have no reason not to believe him...anyways...since i "agreed" that this was ok...i really only get attention when he wants it...he showers me wiht compliments and still continues to trewat me as though i'm dating him when we are together...i know im the dumb one for being the cow thats being milked for free...but in my heart i believe he is just scared...he uses Phrases like "for now" and tells me he does like me and thinks im great...and the way he looks at me could make you melt...so...am i blind and not seein something here?  Do you think im getitn mixed signals?  Is there a way to see if he really does like me for me and isjust scared or if he only likes me for the sex?  Any advice?  Honestly i do like this guy and he has been through alot wiht his last relationship?  Any guys out there...can you help me too??  Any advice would help...thanks everyone!
Hi i have been through the exact same thing and i know how you feel.  I finally got tired of the mixed signals and told him i coulnd see him anymore and it worked he called me every day all day long begging me to be with him that he was just scared to commit and in the end we both got what we wanted. 

February 15, 2006, 5:28 pm CST

frm heather

Quote From: krissy80

I am 23 years old. I would say that I am a very good looking girl, but an insecure one all the men say. I have been dating my boyfriend who is 28 for about a year and a half. He is probably the most trust worthy guy you would ever meet, however, the whole strip club thing makes my skin crawl. We had a falling out last summer when the night before his best friends wedding, he was the best man, EVERYONE wanted to go to the strip club, of course I didn't and i got very upset that he wanted to go, and these girls were going to be totally nude. We didn't go but he still holds it over my head that he missed his Best friends wedding/strip club night. Now the bachelor parties continue and I keep telling him I do not want him to go, but he basically is telling me too bad. He says all he does is sit there and drink beer and hang out with his friends and that the girls don't matter to him. I am disgusted with it and the fight keeps coming back to haunt us. It makes me sick to my stomach that breasts and butts are going to be parading around my man, tempting him. What should I do? This may end our relationship. I feel one way and he feels another, is there a compromise, I don't think so at all. I hate strippers!
I understand your feelings about strippers but sweetie if you trust him let him go its a guy thing.  If there is no trust then there is no relationship

February 15, 2006, 5:31 pm CST

Heathers thoughts

Quote From: evoll619

I met my so called dream girl online (cupid.com) we talked for several weeks before meeting, In fact I desided to meet her parents first to make an extra good empression....I then met her and had the up most respect for her as far as having sex , no pressure I waited until she was ready,  she came on to me then it was on ,for like 2 months it was the best ever as far as the relationship as a whole....One night she came to my job in a trinch coat with sexy night gown underneath and seduced me, well it worked.....The very following day she desided no more sex until we're married,I got upset and havn't been the same since,now she thinks that I only wanted her for the sex,and that is the furthest from the truth,but it is hard for me to be close to her and she dont understand why... she is not trying to hurry no wedding either its more like she turned religious over night after I moved to a location to be close to her ,and now here I am on the verge of a break up because of it.......It would be great to get some advise from men,and wemen........
I understand what you mean and i would feel the same way, you need to explain why you feel the way you do , i mean she goes from wanting it and giving it to not at all its like taking candy from a child and saying no more ever. Hope things turn around . Sincerely Heather

February 16, 2006, 5:06 pm CST

Sex

Quote From: heathermj

I understand your feelings about strippers but sweetie if you trust him let him go its a guy thing.  If there is no trust then there is no relationship

I know everyone tells you, "you must not trust him", and you probably say "it's not him I don't trust, it's the other girls!". But, if he doesn't want to do something, he's not going to do it, and if he does want to do something bad enough, he'll do it. The only thing you can do is trust him. If you've been with him for almost 2 years and if you don't or can't trust him, well then you've basically wasted 2 yrs, you think? Let him go with his friends to these places now while you aren't married. Are these friends married or single?  

February 16, 2006, 6:19 pm CST

Sex and the single senior citizen

I was widowed several months ago and relocated to a new town at the request of my children.  They wanted me near so if I need help I'd have it.  I don't drink and don't do the bar scene so, I joined a singles thing on the web and got to exchanging e-mails with this man.  I thought he was interesting and pretty straight forward.   After we went out once he came and took me to meet his parents, brothers and sisters and children.  He's talking about me moving in with him,  I've said no, but he's still making plans.  That's part of my problem the other part is he's to needy and has more want's than a teenage boy.  I'm not a prude and I do enjoy sex but he turns me off with his "well if you don't want  any lets go to bed and you can give me a ---- ---".  He phones and says he's horny and why doesn't  he come over for a  ---- ---.  I've known him a little over a month and he's already turned me off with his obsession with sex.   I've told him how my last husbands treated me and tried to show him what I want but I might as well be talking to a BIG BRICK WALL.  I need to tell him to go on down the road but how do I do it and not feel like a heel.  He is a diabetic, on dialysis, and is trying to get a kidney transplant.  I don't care about that I just am tired of the I wants.  He also informed me that he didn't do cards or presents and to not expect diamonds from him.  I don't remember even asking.  He's a cheap tipper when we go out  no matter the bill he leaves two dollars.  Guess I could go on and on but you get the picture.  How do I tell him to go away with the least pain or discomfort to him? I'm afraid I can be rather blunt and I need some help with with breaking up tactfully. 

Help!!!!!!!!! 

February 21, 2006, 2:28 pm CST

Mature Attraction - Formula?

Hi  

I'm wondering about being attracted to a man that I wouldn't typically find handsome or attractive.  I know in the past when I've been wildly attracted to a man and followed these instincts, it may have led to great sex but not a great relationship.  My question is - how to develop sexual attraction (a must for a good relationship in my book) with a man I don't find attractive initially.  I don't want to fake attraction and I don't want to lie to myself to get into a relationship-I want to be attracted.  I welcome ideas on whether real 'hot' attraction can come over time with a man not initially perceived as attractive.  Thanks for your thoughts.  

TW  

February 23, 2006, 5:52 pm CST

Should I or shouldn't I?

I have been casually seeing a guy for the past 5 months, no committment.  Whenever we see each other we usually stay at each others house, no sex as we had a discussion about it early on and I told him I wouldn't unless I was in a committed relationship. He has never put pressure on me about it either, though I have noticed of late that he says subtle hints but I never click on till I have left (call me stupid)  Its got to the stage where I am so attracted to him both physically and mentally, in fact I'd call I'd say I have fallen for him and can't stop thinking about him that I find myself wanting to have sex with him. Should I or shouldn't I sleep with him, or am I just setting myself up to be heart broken??? 

I just thought that if a guy wasn't genuine, once you told him there wouldn't be no sex that he would run off and since this guy hasn't, does it make him any different??  He has told me that he is attracted to me and the fact I have a child is another important thing to him because he wants children and he can see what a good mum I am (his words, not mine!)   So what do I do? Is he genuinely interested in me even though we don't see each other on a regular basis?  Does he have other girls giving him the sex that hes not getting from me?  People tell me to talk to him about it which I have no problem whatsoever about doing but I guess I'm just scared to hear what I fear I'll hear.  He has also told me that girls have always made the first move............is he waiting for me to do the same?   

I could go on with the 101 questions but I won't....please someone give me some sound advice? 

Bluskies78       

February 24, 2006, 6:12 am CST

Sex

Hi there, I'm new here. 

I'm kinda confused about where my life is headed, mid-life crisus? Anyway, I'm 30yrs. old and divorced. My husband left me after being married 2yrs. It's been 8 months since the divorce was finalized now, and I feel that I am ready to start dating again, although a little timid. I am attracted to this man who is a weather reporter on our local news station. He's 31yrs. old., never been married, and has a dog for a companion. To most people, he's just your average Joe, but to me, I just get so happy, and comfortable when I see him. Like as if I could date him without worry. I've never met him, and from time to time, the news anchor will pick on him for still being single at his age, and is he ever gonna start dating. I sit there, on my couch, and think to myself,  if only he knew!  

My friends think I should go out with this guy named Steve. He's 6'2" brown hair,dark eyes, caucasion man, 35yrs. old. Very goodlooking man! But he just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why? But Aaron! My heart just melts when I see him! He's about 5' 7", blonde, baby face nice body!   

When I see him on tv, with that smile! ((sighs))  :)  I just can't help myself! I start to day-dream about him. I start to wonder about us together, in an intimate relationship, and intercourse.  

Steve really wants to date me, but I don't want him. Aaron doesn't even know I exsist, but I really want him! What do I do? I've thought about going to where he is, while he is working, because sometimes he goes off-location and does the weather, examples: restaraunts, gas stations, and last place he was at, was a car shop. I REALLY want to meet him! Should I go for it? or should I take the easy route, and go for hotty Steve? I am scared, what if he won't like me? I've heard he is very picky, and that's why he doesn't date much. What if I'm not his type? I am very pretty, I know this, but everyone is different in their taste, so I'm a little nervous about this.  

Does anyone have advise for me in what I should do? I hope so, because I am real confused about the whole thing. 

thanks so much, 

Starla Sky 

February 24, 2006, 4:36 pm CST

Sex

Quote From: bluskies78

I have been casually seeing a guy for the past 5 months, no committment.  Whenever we see each other we usually stay at each others house, no sex as we had a discussion about it early on and I told him I wouldn't unless I was in a committed relationship. He has never put pressure on me about it either, though I have noticed of late that he says subtle hints but I never click on till I have left (call me stupid)  Its got to the stage where I am so attracted to him both physically and mentally, in fact I'd call I'd say I have fallen for him and can't stop thinking about him that I find myself wanting to have sex with him. Should I or shouldn't I sleep with him, or am I just setting myself up to be heart broken??? 

I just thought that if a guy wasn't genuine, once you told him there wouldn't be no sex that he would run off and since this guy hasn't, does it make him any different??  He has told me that he is attracted to me and the fact I have a child is another important thing to him because he wants children and he can see what a good mum I am (his words, not mine!)   So what do I do? Is he genuinely interested in me even though we don't see each other on a regular basis?  Does he have other girls giving him the sex that hes not getting from me?  People tell me to talk to him about it which I have no problem whatsoever about doing but I guess I'm just scared to hear what I fear I'll hear.  He has also told me that girls have always made the first move............is he waiting for me to do the same?   

I could go on with the 101 questions but I won't....please someone give me some sound advice? 

Bluskies78       

Well you are the only one that knows if you can or can't go along with this without regret!?!  If you a person that doesn't mind having sex with your boyfriend or "dating" partner (WHICH IS FINE W|ME), then why not go for it.  But if you are worried about regretting it and moving to fast then Don't do it.  Take your time.  He sounds like he really cares and he is a nice guy, since no pressures have been given.  Think about it and see what lays in your brain AND in your heart.

February 24, 2006, 4:38 pm CST

Sex

Quote From: starla_sky

Hi there, I'm new here. 

I'm kinda confused about where my life is headed, mid-life crisus? Anyway, I'm 30yrs. old and divorced. My husband left me after being married 2yrs. It's been 8 months since the divorce was finalized now, and I feel that I am ready to start dating again, although a little timid. I am attracted to this man who is a weather reporter on our local news station. He's 31yrs. old., never been married, and has a dog for a companion. To most people, he's just your average Joe, but to me, I just get so happy, and comfortable when I see him. Like as if I could date him without worry. I've never met him, and from time to time, the news anchor will pick on him for still being single at his age, and is he ever gonna start dating. I sit there, on my couch, and think to myself,  if only he knew!  

My friends think I should go out with this guy named Steve. He's 6'2" brown hair,dark eyes, caucasion man, 35yrs. old. Very goodlooking man! But he just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why? But Aaron! My heart just melts when I see him! He's about 5' 7", blonde, baby face nice body!   

When I see him on tv, with that smile! ((sighs))  :)  I just can't help myself! I start to day-dream about him. I start to wonder about us together, in an intimate relationship, and intercourse.  

Steve really wants to date me, but I don't want him. Aaron doesn't even know I exsist, but I really want him! What do I do? I've thought about going to where he is, while he is working, because sometimes he goes off-location and does the weather, examples: restaraunts, gas stations, and last place he was at, was a car shop. I REALLY want to meet him! Should I go for it? or should I take the easy route, and go for hotty Steve? I am scared, what if he won't like me? I've heard he is very picky, and that's why he doesn't date much. What if I'm not his type? I am very pretty, I know this, but everyone is different in their taste, so I'm a little nervous about this.  

Does anyone have advise for me in what I should do? I hope so, because I am real confused about the whole thing. 

thanks so much, 

Starla Sky 

ASK the man out for pete's sake!  What the heck are you waiting for.  I would also go out with this other guy and see what he is like as well.  Geez girl, look around at all your options!  You never know when you miss a good one in life.  I am not saying go sleep with the guys!  BUT go out with them on a date and see how it goes.  Sometimes we end up adoring the person we didn't think! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last