Message Boards

Topic : 06/25 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/30/06) Dr. Phil continues his work with six individuals with different prejudices living under the same roof. After John tries to make arrangements to leave, Dr. Phil arrives with a wake-up call for all the guests. Then, the house guests participate in exercises that challenge their personal space and force them to examine their inner values. When the participants have to look their adversaries in the eye and tell them, with brutal honesty, why they hate them, will seeing the hurt they cause change their thinking? Christina and Tessa finally sit down for a heart-to-heart talk, sharing their experiences and their pain. Dr. Phil sends them on a special assignment where they have to trust each other with their lives. As they begin to bridge the gap, Dr. Phil helps them see that they’re not so different after all. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 6, 2007, 4:25 pm CDT

Mixed Races and God doesn't make mistakes?

I feel that there is one answer and only one when it comes to mixed races.  We are  just a little more cultured than what the so called call "animal kingdom", BUT....... we are "animals" and................ for eg.  a black cat does not discriminate against a white cat or any other color.  A white dog does not discriminate against the color of the dog next door.  WHY???? because it is just a COLOUR!!!!!!!!!  Our "fur/hair" can and should be as we choose, it is freedom of CHOICE!!!  Thats it, thats all.

I agree with the person in regards to "God doesn't make mistakes?  WELL........... now lets see, whether you are a Quantam Scientist who KNOWS that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is energy, or a theologist who chooses to call it GOD, basically, energy is what IS in control.  I could add a few more things to the list that was already posted, the first one would have been........... How about babies that are born and live for only a short short time?  hmmmmmmmmm.   Don't even.

July 9, 2007, 4:57 am CDT

I Have Been Remiss

Quote From: housewife52

But((IMO) it defeats the purpose of God's love to try and shove one's beliefs down people's throats. I would compare it to giving medicine to my kids when they were little. They never wanted to take it. I made them take it because they were sick with an illness that the medicine would help and the ped. felt it would help them. I remember once my daughter had diarrhea and I was giving her medicine by mouth for it. I told her it would help her stop going to the bathroom so much. She said,"Well, rub it on my BUTT!" My point is ,I don't feel you can treat people like children. Adults make thier own decisions. My kids are grown now and make thier own decisions. I am here for them when they need me. (And they still do sometimes) I can't force them to do the things I sometimes feel would be better choices for them. And I STILL make the wrong choices sometimes myself. I am a work in progress and will be until the day I die.
I meant to respond to this before.  My apologies.  I think we are all "a work in progress".  Thank you for your thoughtful response.

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page