Message Boards

Topic : 06/25 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/30/06) Dr. Phil continues his work with six individuals with different prejudices living under the same roof. After John tries to make arrangements to leave, Dr. Phil arrives with a wake-up call for all the guests. Then, the house guests participate in exercises that challenge their personal space and force them to examine their inner values. When the participants have to look their adversaries in the eye and tell them, with brutal honesty, why they hate them, will seeing the hurt they cause change their thinking? Christina and Tessa finally sit down for a heart-to-heart talk, sharing their experiences and their pain. Dr. Phil sends them on a special assignment where they have to trust each other with their lives. As they begin to bridge the gap, Dr. Phil helps them see that they’re not so different after all. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 30, 2006, 6:29 am CST

10/30 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Quote From: jansydsmom

I was so impressed with your script.  I hope somehow Dr. Phils staff review this particular message from you. If you haven't written to Dr. Phil or Robin I hope you do so.  This sounds like a great idea for a show.  I will certainly keep you in my prayers and pray that you find just what you're looking for.  You're awesome!!! Good Luck and God Bless.  :)

Hi there, janeydsmom.

Unfortunately, after reading the e-mailing, guidelines, it turns out that I cannot e-mail my pitch through this site.  Take a look at the following:

SUBMISSIONS POLICY

Although we welcome your comments, we do not accept unsolicited submissions for shows, web sites or other products or services. It is the intent of this policy to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by our or the Affiliates' staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative ideas or materials. Therefore, please do not make any such unsolicited submissions to Company or the Affiliates through this Web Site or otherwise.

The only way I can do this is through Dr. Phil's personal e-mail, and I doubt the staff is going to give it to me.  That's why I'm hoping the moderators will see it and pass it along to Dr. Phil themselves.  Thanks for the advice, anyway.

October 30, 2006, 7:15 am CST

Quote From: janissi

I think your assessment of B is off course. She never appeared to be angry at being born black (oh, and by the way, Gary, the white racist, wants the country to be all white - now you tell me who's angry).  I think B's issue is that she's sick and tired of having to deal with crap.  Unless we walk in someone else's shoes, we can't judge them.  If B were a Jew or a man, I doubt she'd be as angry.  Jews and men run the world.

I believe everyone in this house has some severe issues of prejudice and racism. 

Well first of all I see the Fat Guy as just that a Fat Guy who hides behind his mom and her "rich boyfriend".  He is totally disgusting and childlike as to call the security guard to get his supper.  I could see the security guard try desperately to be serious but he was having a really hard time of it and I can see why.   Ok fat boy by god clean yourself.  If you need a shower bench ask for one.  OH btw I'm not a swelve 120 pound but 185 pounds and i bathe and or shower everyday and also hot tub as often as possible.  I wash my hair daily and change my clothes sometimes twice a day.  I don't wear perfume or other "cover ups".

And he is proving the "thin girls" point of view.  He is living out her opinion of fat ppl.

B is the angeriest person I have seen in a long time.  She takes tasks upon herself then chastizes others for not doing what she did.   Excuse me but who actually asked her to clean up the kitchen in the first place.  I don't do the dishes the second I finish eating.  I cut back and enjoy the meal I just had.   She also has a big, big chip on her shoulder and the way she was all worried about getting her throat slit, please like on national television this skin head is gonna cut your throat.  Give me a break.  And B is the loudest and seems to be the bossiest and angriest person in the house.   "Fat boy" comes in second for sure because he just wants to sit about and talk on the phone and eat, eat, eat.  

Yeah they all got problems but at least they all aren't pushing themselves and their opinions onto others..... yet.  Let's see how things go today.

Missy

October 30, 2006, 7:26 am CST

What's wrong with America?

This show is an accurate dipiction of what is wrong with america today!!  What are we teaching our children? I have spent alot of time trying to teach my children understanding, tolerance, and empathy and people like this undermine everything I am working for. Maybe my views are a little idealistic, but what is the alternative? Being like these people? I have children with medical issues and conditions,(diabetes, tourettes, and albinism) and I can't imagine them being discriminated against because of something that is not their faults. What has made these people so hateful? Isn't it scary that this is the future of our country?

October 30, 2006, 7:46 am CST

Closed minded people...

What someone needs to point out to the two racists in the house is this:  The white guy needs to realize that the only people who own this country are Native Americans, if African Americans need to go back to Africa then most white people need to go back to thier ancestor's country.  What B. needs to realize is that black people weren't the only slaves, Scotish people, Irish people, and many others were also brought over as slaves, the difference being that they were called servants.  You can shine the word up all you want, a servant is still a slave!  Maybe if someone pointed this out to these two, and showed them the facts to back it up, they would change thier tune a bit!

October 30, 2006, 7:46 am CST

Know the meaning of a word before using it.

Today is an unusual day for me.  I don't normally have the opportunity to watch Dr. Phil.  As I turned the television on your show caught my attention.  As I watched the beginning of "House of Hatred"  I heard a woman call a person a cracker.  The word "cracker" was used as a slang word of hatred.  I have heard this over and over and it frustrates me very much.  The word "cracker"  does not define hated.  Many years ago it was a nickname given to ranchers in Florida because as they cracked thier whips to handle thier  livestock it made a cracking noise.  Therefore, that is why Floridians were called crackers.  I am the decendant of a cracker and I am as far away from a racist as I can be.  All people are the same, when we are cut we bleed.  We may have cultural, religious and moral beliefs but in one way or another we are all the same.

October 30, 2006, 7:53 am CST

tolerance

Quote From: goodrich311

This show is an accurate dipiction of what is wrong with america today!!  What are we teaching our children? I have spent alot of time trying to teach my children understanding, tolerance, and empathy and people like this undermine everything I am working for. Maybe my views are a little idealistic, but what is the alternative? Being like these people? I have children with medical issues and conditions,(diabetes, tourettes, and albinism) and I can't imagine them being discriminated against because of something that is not their faults. What has made these people so hateful? Isn't it scary that this is the future of our country?

"Everything in the universe has rhythm.  Everything dances"  by Maya Angelou

I can't agree with you more.  Understanding, tolerance, and empathy is what we should teach our children and as well as try to help other people understand this also.

October 30, 2006, 7:55 am CST

My views on John

I am a white, heterosexual, christian, semi-conservative mother of two. Now having said that I wouldn't have a problem rooming with anyone in the house, with the exception of John.  I don't hate black people and I don't think homosexual equals sexual deviant.  John is just nasty and unsanitary and has no salf pride at all.  I am a big girl and I have friends that are big people and no one I know uses size as a reason to just throw personal hygiene out the window.

October 30, 2006, 8:47 am CST

Finally Dr. Phil You are getting to the core of this world

This has been the problem of this world  for a really long time.  All this hatred,anger all over this world.
"Jesus loves the little children
Red,Yellow,Black and White
All are precious in his sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world"
If we remove the skin from all people of this world. We all would be the same.

October 30, 2006, 9:03 am CST

:)

i feel a lot of the people in the house of hatred gang up on john! im not saying he is right about everthing but i dont feel its right for someone to tell him that he stinks and cannot eat at the table thats just cruel. anyone who lashes out at others like all of them do, have problems with ther on self and it must make them feel better to hurt the the others.  its always easier to blam situations on others than to take the fall for something and own your own faults. i would love to tell john he is a person and i dont blame him for having a wall up, its hard to deal with wieght issues im sure and its seems to be controling his life. to me people need to adress the issue and try to put their self in his shoes and vis versa he needs to do the same. for some reason john issues touched my heart i wish the best to him and hope he meets his goals. i hope he can get healthy for himself and see that he is a wonderful person all the way around! so good luck to u john i hope u grow in this experince and come out the best you that you can be.

October 30, 2006, 9:13 am CST

John

Quote From: mistyc

I am a white, heterosexual, christian, semi-conservative mother of two. Now having said that I wouldn't have a problem rooming with anyone in the house, with the exception of John.  I don't hate black people and I don't think homosexual equals sexual deviant.  John is just nasty and unsanitary and has no salf pride at all.  I am a big girl and I have friends that are big people and no one I know uses size as a reason to just throw personal hygiene out the window.

I also am a white, heterosexual, christian, semi-conservative mother of 6, and grandmother of 10.  I have 3 children that are large people, and I myself am overweight.

What I don't get is the fact that I think John just needs someone to give him some extra love.  He obviously has had none, and has been teased the majority of his life.  For someone to become that large there is some other reasons for his obesity.

Why didn't anyone in the house offer to help John?  He is so large that I'm sure he hurts to even move.  I'm not a nurse, but I would have least offered my assistance to see if I could help him bath.

It's obvious that the people in the house don't understand what it's like to not be able to bend over and even put on their shoes.  Yes he needs to bath, and take care of himself, but did anyone ever think that maybe he is unable to do so??

His attitude towards everyone in the house is out of anger, and embaressment.  He just won't admit that he may need a little help to get the job done.

Doesn't anyone out there have any compassion.!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last