Message Boards

Topic : 06/25 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/30/06) Dr. Phil continues his work with six individuals with different prejudices living under the same roof. After John tries to make arrangements to leave, Dr. Phil arrives with a wake-up call for all the guests. Then, the house guests participate in exercises that challenge their personal space and force them to examine their inner values. When the participants have to look their adversaries in the eye and tell them, with brutal honesty, why they hate them, will seeing the hurt they cause change their thinking? Christina and Tessa finally sit down for a heart-to-heart talk, sharing their experiences and their pain. Dr. Phil sends them on a special assignment where they have to trust each other with their lives. As they begin to bridge the gap, Dr. Phil helps them see that they’re not so different after all. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 30, 2006, 9:15 am CST

10/30 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Quote From: lilmissmissa

What someone needs to point out to the two racists in the house is this:  The white guy needs to realize that the only people who own this country are Native Americans, if African Americans need to go back to Africa then most white people need to go back to thier ancestor's country.  What B. needs to realize is that black people weren't the only slaves, Scotish people, Irish people, and many others were also brought over as slaves, the difference being that they were called servants.  You can shine the word up all you want, a servant is still a slave!  Maybe if someone pointed this out to these two, and showed them the facts to back it up, they would change thier tune a bit!

The Scotish, Irish and many others you mentioned is a totally different issue than slavery. Completely different.  When I hear people say that "everybody" was a slave, I cringe.  Have you read the horrific accounts of slavery?  Not too many people are aware of the immense cruelty blacks endured during that time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that blacks are the only ones that have endured hardship, but there is a deep, dark history of hatred toward blacks (read some of Thomas Jefferson's writings to begin with) and go deep into the history of this country's racist past and present.  The animousity towards black people is so thick you can cut it with a knife. 

Anyway we are not here to discuss slavery so I digressed.

October 30, 2006, 9:25 am CST

i was soooo happy to see i wasnt wronge about tess

after i watched the videos in the house i just knew tess was going to change the way she saw all straight people, just as i changed the way i see not so straight people, we never can judge all for the actions of a few in cases like these,THANK YOU TESS you made me beleive in you,as you will others,THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU , you are who you are that is a beautiful person,:;

October 30, 2006, 9:29 am CST

Quote From: missyk10

Well first of all I see the Fat Guy as just that a Fat Guy who hides behind his mom and her "rich boyfriend".  He is totally disgusting and childlike as to call the security guard to get his supper.  I could see the security guard try desperately to be serious but he was having a really hard time of it and I can see why.   Ok fat boy by god clean yourself.  If you need a shower bench ask for one.  OH btw I'm not a swelve 120 pound but 185 pounds and i bathe and or shower everyday and also hot tub as often as possible.  I wash my hair daily and change my clothes sometimes twice a day.  I don't wear perfume or other "cover ups".

And he is proving the "thin girls" point of view.  He is living out her opinion of fat ppl.

B is the angeriest person I have seen in a long time.  She takes tasks upon herself then chastizes others for not doing what she did.   Excuse me but who actually asked her to clean up the kitchen in the first place.  I don't do the dishes the second I finish eating.  I cut back and enjoy the meal I just had.   She also has a big, big chip on her shoulder and the way she was all worried about getting her throat slit, please like on national television this skin head is gonna cut your throat.  Give me a break.  And B is the loudest and seems to be the bossiest and angriest person in the house.   "Fat boy" comes in second for sure because he just wants to sit about and talk on the phone and eat, eat, eat.  

Yeah they all got problems but at least they all aren't pushing themselves and their opinions onto others..... yet.  Let's see how things go today.

Missy

im not tring to be confrontational but i cant even believe a person would even say that about john! he is a person not someone u should call fat boy! maybe the reason he does what he does is for attention because sometimes people want that weather its good or bad just like a child will do at time. they act out to seek attention. i think it cruel to make fun of someone b/c their wieght  u should be supportive not discourge a person like u did in your message. i wish you all the best and i hope u can see things differently and not be so hard on others!

October 30, 2006, 9:31 am CST

dr phil i appalad you here

after so many years of pure hatered you are showing this country we can over come this and all be a better people as a result,and i pray this show will disarm all groups like the kkk, i never did like seeing there words or looks on tv, thank you this show has a lot of good coming out of it,

October 30, 2006, 10:47 am CST

House of Hatred

Even when you aren't a prejudice person, some times it is forced on you.  I have always been a one-on-one person, I don't embrace the whole of any race, or a persons sexual preference, or if they are obese or skinny.  My friends run the gamut.  But, if I don't like someone it isn't because they are black, gay, heterosexual, etc., it is because I don't like their personality.  Do you know how many times I have been put down because I don't like someone and they throw it back in my face saying it is because of their race, etc.?  As in, you aren't allowed to dislike someone just because they aren't your type of person?   I don't sit around thinking about racism, hatred.  When I go out, I try to treat everyone I encounter the way I want to be treated.  And if everyone did that, I guess there wouldn't be prejudice!!

October 30, 2006, 11:44 am CST

Quote From: janissi

The Scotish, Irish and many others you mentioned is a totally different issue than slavery. Completely different.  When I hear people say that "everybody" was a slave, I cringe.  Have you read the horrific accounts of slavery?  Not too many people are aware of the immense cruelty blacks endured during that time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that blacks are the only ones that have endured hardship, but there is a deep, dark history of hatred toward blacks (read some of Thomas Jefferson's writings to begin with) and go deep into the history of this country's racist past and present.  The animousity towards black people is so thick you can cut it with a knife. 

Anyway we are not here to discuss slavery so I digressed.

I've already mentioned indentured servitude which (at times) amounted to slavery when those servants were taken advantage of and worked long past the agreed to contract..Please understand, I'm not saying everyone's ancestors were slaves or were treated cruelly.You  just can't lump all white people in the same catagory. I would also like to point out that many white people risked their livelyhoods, homes and lives speaking out against slavery and also in hiding runaway slaves.

That said, the "white power" guy needs to confront reality, the whole "if it's not white it's not right' attitude doesn't fly. I'm sure there's lots of little secrets in his family history. They didn't have paternity tests in the olden days and lot s of kids were born "wrong side of the blanket" or were passed of as the Husband's. So, even if his family tree records that his family is lily white as far back as could be traced, can you really be sure?

October 30, 2006, 12:18 pm CST

Quote From: faeryedark

I've already mentioned indentured servitude which (at times) amounted to slavery when those servants were taken advantage of and worked long past the agreed to contract..Please understand, I'm not saying everyone's ancestors were slaves or were treated cruelly.You  just can't lump all white people in the same catagory. I would also like to point out that many white people risked their livelyhoods, homes and lives speaking out against slavery and also in hiding runaway slaves.

That said, the "white power" guy needs to confront reality, the whole "if it's not white it's not right' attitude doesn't fly. I'm sure there's lots of little secrets in his family history. They didn't have paternity tests in the olden days and lot s of kids were born "wrong side of the blanket" or were passed of as the Husband's. So, even if his family tree records that his family is lily white as far back as could be traced, can you really be sure?

I understand and you are right.  Thank you.

October 30, 2006, 12:40 pm CST

Jolly!

Some of the people on this forum are just as judgemental as the people in the house.  No one has the right to pass judgement on anyone.  You may have opinions and views about these people, but no one has a clean slate unless you are a baby.  Everyone doesn't like something or someone and that's o.k, but it's usually not a good reason.  I feel bad for the people in this house.  They use defense mechicanisms to cover all the pain that others have caused them, people like you or me.  It just takes one incident to form an opinion of someone.  Really, everyone should really try to act as if they are trying to make a first impression on a boss or company.  We tend to behave better when we are trying to get what we want.  Well if everyone wants peace, then this should be the goal of us all.  Thinking something and saying it are two different things.  Even listening on this message board to how people tend to judge easily, when they are hiding behind a computer and not putting themselves out there for people to dissect.  We all don't want to be judged and if you are on T.V. you obviously put yourself in that position, but it doesn't make it o.k.  There will never be resolution to these problems as long as people try to justify why they feel a hatred toward a group or someone.  It's hard to be anyone, you can't say  Blacks had it hard or Jews, etc.  That's too general and you're lumping everyone of these people togther.  It takes away their individuality and that's why we judge whole races.  Not all Blacks have it bad, not all Jews have it bad, not all Whites have it good.  The good thing, is that people that are willing to grow, change, listen with an open-mind and progress and deserve to be commended.  When people hate, they are always going to be in positions to hate.  When you fear something, life has a way of making you face it, until you learn.  These people in the house are trying their best, ARE YOU?

October 30, 2006, 1:36 pm CST

if anyone can help,it'll be Dr.phil

Some people act like they have exsperianced prejudisim.It's there and it's not going away.We may help some people to take a look and realise where they're at in life.I don't care what race some on is.They can be my frind or just an aquantince.I don't like anyone who is lazy.Not the ones who can't work the ones who won't work.And,the ones who act like they are better than someone else better look back on their life,because I garrantee them they don't have a lot of true frinds nor do they have alot in their past to be proud of.

I think Dr.Phil should have planted a spy and ha ve them work with Mr.Lazy to pull him out of his sitting position.Then maybe he could stand a chance.Cause like he is I don't think he cares if he makes it or not.                                                                                   

October 30, 2006, 1:37 pm CST

Ok, what I want to know is when is someone going to get in there and explain to these people the reasin their point of views are wrong?! First of all, white people were not the first people on this piece of land, Indians and Aztecs were in the areas that are now Mexico and North America. So nobody has the right to say "I'm white, your ruining my country, get out!" Because truthfully, we weren't here first, we ended up out populating the people that were here. I half hispanic and half cucasian, so in a sense, only part of me is originally from here, but I would never dream of telling someone to leave because they weren't here first! Plus, you can not gaurentee that you don't have any other race in your family, in your blood! Way back when people used to own slaves, the owners slept with the slaves all the time, resulting in mixed race babies! And they might not of had any signs of being black, and the mother could have died and given the child to someone else to raise, and that child may never know they are part african american, and grow up and have family, and somewhere down the line have a person that claims to hate black people, when they are partially black all along!! We don't have the right to hate a race because they are different, that's what makes the world beautiful!!!

Now the whole gay/straight people thing, I understand that a lot of people think homosexuality is wrong, because for those of us that believe in God believe he made Adam and Eve. And the only way to keep making children and populating the world is by having a man and a woman do that, but that doesn't mean you get to tell someone who doesn't feel that way, that something is wrong with them!! Homosexuality is just the same as someone having a fetish, or an obsession, it's just the way you feel! And if the way they feel means they might not ever have kids or be legally married, that's their choice, we have no right to doubt them! You can't help who you love!!

Ok, 700 lbs. is a lot to wiegh, and it's very hard to move!! I'm 5 months pregnant and I have trouble getting around, so I could only imagine!! But to hate someone because of how much they weigh, come on people!!! That's just pushing the limits!!! Most people get that way because of medical conditions, or a medical condition sets it off and they give up fighting themselves to lose wieght because it 10 times harder then it would be if they didn't have a medical condition! And the skinny girl has probably never gone a pound over her wieght range, try having a baby, and then see how easy it is to lose wieght!!

We've got to stop hating on people just because they are not like us!! The world would be so boring if we were all the same!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last