Message Boards

Topic : 06/25 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:14:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 10/30/06) Dr. Phil continues his work with six individuals with different prejudices living under the same roof. After John tries to make arrangements to leave, Dr. Phil arrives with a wake-up call for all the guests. Then, the house guests participate in exercises that challenge their personal space and force them to examine their inner values. When the participants have to look their adversaries in the eye and tell them, with brutal honesty, why they hate them, will seeing the hurt they cause change their thinking? Christina and Tessa finally sit down for a heart-to-heart talk, sharing their experiences and their pain. Dr. Phil sends them on a special assignment where they have to trust each other with their lives. As they begin to bridge the gap, Dr. Phil helps them see that they’re not so different after all. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 30, 2006, 4:43 pm CST

I AGREE WITH CHANGING THE CHANNEL

Quote From: harbour909

Dear Dr. Phil - The idea of a Dr. Phil house is an excellent idea - BUT situations in this house are horrible.  The first couple just had a nice paid vacation.  The people in the house now perhaps will understand another's situation better but it is doubtful that their views will change that much.  So far these programs are repetitious and boring - as well as some of the topics of other programs.  More and more I am turning to other stations. 

I no longer watch the episodes with the house.  Even though the people agreed to participate, I feel it is an exploitation of people who have major social problems.

October 30, 2006, 5:10 pm CST

EveryOne Needs To GROW UP!!!!!!!

I think that every one needs to grow up. It is sad when my 5 year old is way more mature than all of the people in this house right now! This is a new century and there is no more we were here first , or that everybody should look or be the same. I have fat, skinny, and gay friends. there is no reason that people should act like animals. This is just sad how all the people in that house think and act towards other people. I have seen and witnessed teasing and racism and i see the pain that those people went through. In the end everyone has the same heart and all hearts break the same. Every body needs to step back and close their eyes and forget colors, race, sexuality, and size and remember that every body has a heart and they can all be hurt the same. Remember that every time someone says something or does something to hurt somebody it does not just effect those you are directing them at, they cause a chain reaction.  

October 30, 2006, 5:29 pm CST

House of Hatred 10/30

Hi everybody. I watched the show today because I saw a really big guy on the previews and I was curious how this would play out. Fat people are discriminated against too. I felt for John. I understood him. I am a big girl; 6'2 and 400 pounds. I have dealt with being treated differently from everyone else just because I was fat. I wish non fat people could understand what goes thorugh my head when I get looked at while dining or trying to get out of a car. It hurts. It's painful to know that others see you exactly as you see yourself. Worthless.

As I watched today's episode, I found myself going from completely sympathising with John and recognizing the thought patterns John was going through, to receiving a wake up call for myself.

I suffer from the pain of being fat, like John describes. I have pain in my knees and back which prevents me from keeping the cleanest of houses. I sleep in and miss my alarm, barely get to work on time. I work the late shift as it is, so when I get home, I am tired and go to bed, not having much time to spend with my family.  I often miss showers, often don't put on makeup or dress well. It's a lonely, unrewarding life being fat.

As I watched today's show, I ended up thinking everything John was saying. I came to realize I was making excuses. John was making excuses. I am making my own existance unbearable. I am taking a good long look at my life and the way I deal with being fat. I need to make some changes cuz I dont want to end up alone, angry and fat the rest of my life.

Thank for doing the show Dr. Phil.

~V in CA

October 30, 2006, 5:57 pm CST

Doctor House Phil Show.

Doctor Hatred House Phil Part Two. Now I have seen everthing. Happy Halloween tomorrow Night. See you tomorrow Afternoon. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------

October 30, 2006, 6:15 pm CST

House of Hatred

Hi Dr. Phil,

Regarding House of Hatred:  You refer to people's feelings as "ignorant".  More specifically Christina's hatred of homosexuality stemming from her mother's rejection.  Personally, I don't think hatred of homosexuality is "ignorant" because of passages in the Bible referring to sexual immorality.  It's more of a belief derived from a book.  Hating the homosexual is the "ignorant" part-hate the sin, love the sinner.  Christina should forgive her mother and I'd like to see a reunion after she's gotten over her hatred for Tessa.  Anyway, food for thought.

October 30, 2006, 7:10 pm CST

house of hatred

yeah there is alot of hate going on...come on there is to much hate in this world..it really dosn't matter about weight..race...sexual preference...come on...lets all just get along..live..we are all here in this world to live...get over it..we are all human beings lets treat each other as such..i really dislike all the hate..

October 30, 2006, 7:39 pm CST

house of hate

Dr. Phil was hard on the severly overweight guy. He shouldn't be there. He needs help for his issues that isn't going to happen in the house. He's in pain. Someone needs to listen to the little boy within. Find out why he's in so much pain.

October 30, 2006, 8:15 pm CST

dr phil house house of hatred

Hey everyone, I just got through watching an encore presentation of house of hatred part 1. No question that John worked my nerves the most just edging out B. I think John was just being a lazy big baby, going around making excuses for his past. Yes the world is cruel and harsh but he can't go around feeling sorry for himself because the point of this experiment is to change their outlook on life. As for B., she really has a lot of anger inside of her and I really recommend she gets some help in the Bible.

One more thing, I have a suggestion for a dr. phil house. Take a hard-working successful person who hates moochers and a moocher who hates hard-working successful person.

October 30, 2006, 8:21 pm CST

10/30 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 2

Quote From: skivy777

Dr. Phil was hard on the severly overweight guy. He shouldn't be there. He needs help for his issues that isn't going to happen in the house. He's in pain. Someone needs to listen to the little boy within. Find out why he's in so much pain.
The reason everyone is being hard on John is because he isn't making an effort to change. In part 1, he even had the nerve to call security because Tessa told him to take a shower before he ate. Good for her. I agree he needs help for his issues and they need to be a little bit more understanding of him, but John is using his past and his weight as an excuse for not trying to change. I haven't seen part 2 yet, but I will next week.and if dr. phil was really hard on John good for him.

October 30, 2006, 8:36 pm CST

Everyone

Everyone has a story, everyone has pain, but fear is what drives people to hate, with ignorance being a close second.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last