Message Boards

Topic : 11/01 Is This Normal?

Number of Replies: 531
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:20:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you know someone whose behavior is always making you raise an eyebrow? Dr. Phil helps his guests distinguish what's normal and what's not. Kelly says she’s tired of her husband, Scott’s, jokes. She says they’re inappropriate, obnoxious and rude. Scott admits that his jokes can be sexual in nature, but he loves being the life of the party. Will Kelly loosen up, or does Scott need to tone it down? Then, Vicki fears that she’s dying and visits the doctor at least once a week. Her husband, Harvey, says she needs to stop worrying about her health or she’s really going to make herself sick. Is it all in Vicki’s head, or does she really have a reason to be afraid? And, Shelita refuses to celebrate the holidays because she says they’re pagan festivals. Her sister, Akea, says she contradicts herself by accepting presents. Will Akea be able to embrace her sister’s decision, or is Shelita being unreasonable? Plus, Dr. Phil and Robin kick off their participation in the 2006 Toys for Tots holiday campaign! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 20, 2008, 9:33 pm CST

Shelita

Ok well im not christian, i was christened catholic but i dont believe a word of it. I consider myself an athiest and i still celebrate christmas and easter. Not for the religious part of it but the togetherness it brings and teaching that giving is a wonderful thing not just receiving.

Can Shelita not respect those who celebrate for this reason and also religious views. I myself have no problem with those who beleive in a religion as long as it is not preached to me. I felt like Shelita was preaching in that she never once said " but you can believe in what you want" it was "you will be judged for celebrating these holidays".  I dont beleive in celebrating Halloween or Thanksgiving because im an Australian and these Holidays have nothing to do with Australian culture, not because its seen as evil by some.

I guess my point im trying to get across to everyone is "To each his/her own" we should all stop preaching to each other and stop trying to force our opinions on others. As the saying goes " Opinions are like arseholes, everybodies got one"

First | Prev | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | Next Page | Last Page