Message Boards

Topic : 03/13 Gorgeous Isn’t Enough

Number of Replies: 372
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:25:38 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/02/06) Have you ever thought: Pretty people get all the breaks? Well, even some of the most beautiful people have a rough time in the love department. Rebecca dated Dyson for eight years and knew he was a cheater, but thought marrying him would change his ways. Dyson says he married Rebecca because she "earned it," but says he doesn't like that the ring on his finger hinders women from coming up to him. Rebecca suspects that Dyson has cheated on her since they've been married. Is she right? See what makes Dyson storm offstage. Then, Tiffany says when her husband, George, lost 50 pounds, he started gagging at the sight of her body. So, she got $20,000 worth of plastic surgery, hoping he would only have eyes for her. But it wasn't enough to keep George faithful. Tiffany says she's more gorgeous than any of the women he had affairs with, so why isn't her husband looking her way? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 31, 2006, 2:17 pm CST

Oh please

Quote From: amani_santana

i know ex can be addictive, but why can't he have this addiction with the person he is with. yes cheaters can change it just depends on the reasons why we cheat in the first place. I don't know, but i think there may be some issue that we don't quite know about in their relationship that gives him the OK to go do his thing. Neglected, unappreciated, sexual incompatible all may be some reasons on why he looks else where. Now another reason he might think its o.k is  she might have already given him the O.K.

This is what I mean. We already know she is in love with him so much so that she would do Anything for him. Well we also know he likes a lot of women, so what if they had a threesome and acts as if she is o k with looking and being with other women in the relationship. I mean she married him even though he has cheated on her a # of times why would that not be so feasible that he feel its OK because at one point she was cool with it and now she is mad because he has gone too far with it? Who knows. Point of the matter is If he cheated the first time and she told him that it hurt her, and he really cared about her and saw just how hurt she really was, he would never do it again. And if he did it might just be out of habit, but by the third time the relationship is no good and you either need counseling or just get out of the relationship. Don't that phone calls/ break all forms of communication cause if he can call you you reopen wounds and fall right back into the trap again. be careful cheaters can change but you have to too.

He wants his cake and eat it too.  It doesn't matter if she gave him the okay to cheat, is she is his mother?  I think not! He already knows cheating is wrong.  If he wanted to have lots of women to have sex with, he didn't have to get married for that.  He didn't want to lose this woman because he loves her in a very warped way, but he also wanted to have what he wanted.  And this situation doesn't say much for her either if she is willing to marry a man who is already dishonest and she couldn't trust.  I feel sorry for both of them.  But there is hope for them if they want to change for their own self preservation and well being.  Because we all know that if you want to change someone or try to change someone else it won't last. 

We teach people how to treat us by what we tolerate.  She has tolerated this behavior in him and probably other men long before she met him.  She may look beautiful on the outside, but inside she is hurting and that is evident because she went to great lengths to pretty up the outside. 

There are all kinds of theories about physical beauty and how it can get you "places" but if your inside personality doesn't match the exterior it doesn't matter how much you paint the barn it won't change how you view yourself and what you tolerate from others. 

October 31, 2006, 3:31 pm CST

Lets stop calling them mistakes

Quote From: manofgoods

Now, now...Never say never! We're all human beings here, & we all make mistakes. I bet that he keeps cheating on her just for more sex. You know, once you have it, you'll want to go back for more, & more, & more. It's never ending, & it can be very addicting. I don't know what was going through Dyson's mind when he said on the preview "It's OK to cheat", "Cheating is not wrong", etc. I feel sorry for people like him when they say that, because obviously people like him haven't been taught by their parents on how to respect men & women in general when they say stuff like that. Now, I'm not going to bash him like Rebecca, Dr. Phil, & the audience has done, but he does need to grow up & get his priorities straight. He's doing himself a great disservice by continuing to do those things to her, & she really loves him & cares about him. Dyson IS a good person, & I believe that everyone has good inside of them somewhere. They just have to see it for themselves. Sometimes, I just think that we all can't help who we fall in love with. That's what I think.

This is no mistake, this is something you know to be wrong and do it anyway.  Think about this for a minute, if what he was doing was okay then why would she have to "find out" or discover that he is cheating?  A mistake is something you do with ignorance, that's a mistake! This is a wrong against not only himself but his wife that he vowed to love and to cherish.  I doubt seriously that in his wedding vows he professed to cheat on her and hurt her. 

He is not just cheating on her, but he is cheating himself out of a really great relationship with someone that loves him.  When you only have eyes for the one you love and you starve all your affections, visually and emotionally for others, then you will develop a stronger bond of love for one another.  This takes work on both parties parts, not many people are willing to do this. 

November 1, 2006, 10:10 am CST

true

Quote From: jojobeaner

He wants his cake and eat it too.  It doesn't matter if she gave him the okay to cheat, is she is his mother?  I think not! He already knows cheating is wrong.  If he wanted to have lots of women to have sex with, he didn't have to get married for that.  He didn't want to lose this woman because he loves her in a very warped way, but he also wanted to have what he wanted.  And this situation doesn't say much for her either if she is willing to marry a man who is already dishonest and she couldn't trust.  I feel sorry for both of them.  But there is hope for them if they want to change for their own self preservation and well being.  Because we all know that if you want to change someone or try to change someone else it won't last. 

We teach people how to treat us by what we tolerate.  She has tolerated this behavior in him and probably other men long before she met him.  She may look beautiful on the outside, but inside she is hurting and that is evident because she went to great lengths to pretty up the outside. 

There are all kinds of theories about physical beauty and how it can get you "places" but if your inside personality doesn't match the exterior it doesn't matter how much you paint the barn it won't change how you view yourself and what you tolerate from others. 

i totally agree--- but I still think it may be a "Creator being consumed by all they've created" issue-- i hope they get things worked out/ you never wish bad on anyone. Ya know?    WAKE UP DUDE YOUR ABOUT TO LOSE YOUR WOMAN!!

November 1, 2006, 8:39 pm CST

show

Can't comment on much yet, but, wow, $20,000 worth of plastic surgery.  I still wonder how people can afford that as a non- nessessary expense.  Makeup gets expensive for me sometimes  :D.

I can't wait to see this show.

November 2, 2006, 1:49 am CST

11/02 Gorgeous Isn’t Enough

Quote From: kandidkate

I will smile now thanks to your comment.  You have made my day.

you are so right in so many ways! I am recently married, but had known my husband for 6 years prior to us getting together. He always tells me he wanted me back then... i was 20kg lighter and hadnt had a child... but now he says he loves me for the person i have become. Sure, he was attracted to the looks 6 years ago, but did he love me then?? No, all he wanted was a fling with a gorgeous girl.. he couldnt see past the exterior. Now, however, he tells me every day how gorgeous I am and how much he appreciates having an intelligent and attractive wife.

I have down days, what woman doesnt? But all i have to think about is how my husband thinks i am the sexiest, most intelligent woman he has ever met.... all the insecurities are left far behind.

If your man cant love and support you for who you are, regardless of how you look, then he dosnt deserve you.

November 2, 2006, 6:17 am CST

Good grief--what are these people thinking??

Girls, it's not even about your looks.  These women are both beautiful and it didn't do any good, did it?  The problem is that it's a bunch of immature people with no identity apart from their appearances, looking for an ego boost.  These guys would cheat on Keira Knightley, given the opportunity.

I'm not pretty and I've got as many self-esteem issues as any other woman but there is no way I would put up with that.  (Are these girls getting checked for diseases?  Ugh!)  I'm not saying I haven't made some less-than-stellar choices of men, but I never stayed with them for ten years!

November 2, 2006, 6:20 am CST

Quote From: jojobeaner

He doesn't really think it's wrong, though.  He's just irritated that SHE thinks it's wrong and is bugging him about it.  She's a fashion accessory--a pretty girl always on call--but he doesn't take her seriously.

November 2, 2006, 6:55 am CST

Pretty is as pretty does

This was my response to this very same argument I was having with a guy friend who said I have my current position because "I'm pretty and I know it."  You may get your foot in the door because of the way you present yourself, but you have to perform  with confidence to keep it and advance.

I also agree with some of the posters that say it's not about the outward beauty.  It's about being a beautiful person with confidence and style.  Positive attitude is the best beauty product available.  If you don't love yourself, it's a good bet that no one else will either.  And loving yourself involves taking the time to put your best foot forward be it for public consumption or your spouse's.  Everyone, male and female should take the time to care about their hygene and appearance.  No one wants to be around a slug that appears to have just crawled out of bed. 

So it's not really about physical, hollywoodesque beauty, it's more about presenting the image that you care about your appearance and have a positive outlook on life.  If self-loathing is your M.O. then maybe, like Dr. Phil says, you need to ask yourself  "How is this working for you?"  If it's not, there is no time like the present to make a change.......and I'm not talking about plastic surgery.  I'm talking about setting some personal goals and taking the steps to achieve them.  You are worth it!!

November 2, 2006, 7:10 am CST

Unbelievable!

That Dyson is SOOOO outrageous, I just had to laugh!! He's definitely certifiably insane.  I simply just split my sides!  And that "wife"?? She must have ZERO self worth, the least self worth of any living human. WTH?  And they have kids?? When I heard that I stopped laughing.  This couple is beyond help.  And Dyson is not all that ...jeez!!  I see attractive men all day, do these types of women like the wife have their eyes shut??

November 2, 2006, 7:20 am CST

Dyson is gorgeous as $#^$!  I can't stop staring at the TV screen!  Too bad he's gotta be a jerk!  I wanna slap him!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last