Message Boards

Topic : 03/13 Gorgeous Isn’t Enough

Number of Replies: 372
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 27, 2006, 02:25:38 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/02/06) Have you ever thought: Pretty people get all the breaks? Well, even some of the most beautiful people have a rough time in the love department. Rebecca dated Dyson for eight years and knew he was a cheater, but thought marrying him would change his ways. Dyson says he married Rebecca because she "earned it," but says he doesn't like that the ring on his finger hinders women from coming up to him. Rebecca suspects that Dyson has cheated on her since they've been married. Is she right? See what makes Dyson storm offstage. Then, Tiffany says when her husband, George, lost 50 pounds, he started gagging at the sight of her body. So, she got $20,000 worth of plastic surgery, hoping he would only have eyes for her. But it wasn't enough to keep George faithful. Tiffany says she's more gorgeous than any of the women he had affairs with, so why isn't her husband looking her way? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 2, 2006, 9:51 am CST

woooh dr phil

i thought you were fixin to pop the top of a can of woop ass for a min there   lol, that guy relly needed you to tho, wow i couldnt beleive my beeps  lol i do think the truth was upsetting to him  hehehe, i was glad when he finley walked his pompas ass off stage and out, he didnt deserve 2 seconds of your time.

November 2, 2006, 9:53 am CST

Foolishness!

Just had to comment once more - Dyson & Rebecca deserve each other ie complement each other.  He wants to do what he wants when he wants, and R lets him. 20 other women, and she still tolerates it??  D has made it clear what it is he wants, so why should R expect him to change?  I'll never understand why women want to change men, accept them as they are and act accordingly.  No one ever buys a kia, and hopes it will morph into a lexus(somewhat a poor metaphor, but it's the same thing).  A "toad" will never be a "prince"!!

November 2, 2006, 9:54 am CST

hes not a man yet hehehehe he clames he needs 2 more inches of manhood lol hahahahaha

Quote From: lucky24

This man is somebody's father???? God help his children -what an A#1 jerk.  He's a little boy in a grown mans body.

November 2, 2006, 9:55 am CST

nothing gorgeous about that @

Quote From: ladymizvee

Dyson is gorgeous as $#$!  I can't stop staring at the TV screen!  Too bad he's gotta be a jerk!  I wanna slap him!

November 2, 2006, 10:44 am CST

11/02 Gorgeous Isn’t Enough

In this particular case on this show.... I THINK THE LADIES are much prettier and better lookin' than the guys and the girls need to dump these dirtbags guys on their butts.....  They both can do better!!!!!!!

November 2, 2006, 11:11 am CST

Quote From: kleesun

He doesn't really think it's wrong, though.  He's just irritated that SHE thinks it's wrong and is bugging him about it.  She's a fashion accessory--a pretty girl always on call--but he doesn't take her seriously.
He may be saying that out loud, but if it was not wrong why would he be hiding it and why would she be discovering his cheating ways. 

November 2, 2006, 11:25 am CST

Quote From: afraid

Now, afraid, that's not a nice thing to say. Give the poor man a break. He's already been through enough on the show.

November 2, 2006, 11:34 am CST

Lay off Rebecca

It really sticks in my craw when people blame women for "letting" men run all over them.  True, Rebecca is putting up with Dyson's crap and she NEEDS to move on, for sure.  But, it is ludicrous to act like she deserves it because she has asked for it or something.  Nobody wants to be treated like crap.  I'm sure in her ideal situation, she would want to be loved and appreciated for who she was and wouldn't have to endure her man cheating on her relentlessly and without any consideration for her feelings (or health!). 

Okay, I would NEVER let someone treat me like that - my husband is one of the nicest guys I've ever known - but that doesn't mean I don't feel for Rebecca's predicament. 

Rebecca, if you are out there, don't beat yourself up, girl.  Dyson's been doing that to you for too long.  Don't let these other people blame you either.  They just don't understand what it feels like to question one's self-worth.  You just need to ask people/men to treat you with the respect you deserve - because you totally deserve it.  And it's not about being an attractive woman - it's about you being a very worthy human being.  I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!! 

November 2, 2006, 11:40 am CST

Quote From: mjlunde

I'm a attractive 59 yr old single woman.  I haven't been out a date since 1993.  Men don't approach me for dates, although I have male friends.  I live in a rather small (34,000) city in Northern Michigan.  I'm confident, self-sufficient and I have a good sense of humor.  I believe it is very hard to have the nice qualities I have, (not being narcissistic), because men are afraid to work for what they want.  It's much easier for most men my age to go with younger girls whom are naive and young.  This way they don't have to work at a relationship.  I truly believe that men have become "lazy" in working on a good relationship, and why shouldn't they.  From what I've seen a lot of women are to aggressive and easy, therefore men don't have to really work at a healthy, lasting, loving and solid relationship.  I need to be stimulated mentally, this is really hard to get.

I feel your pain.  I'm in a similar boat.  The truth is I'm no less shallow than the men are.  In my youth, even though I was never above average in looks, being flat-chested and all, I found my niche and dated exceptionally attractive creative men.  Truth is now I'm spoiled and if I found one that met my old standards, they'd be attractive enough to get a young woman, which is what they all do if they can.  I've always said I'd rather go without than settle, and I have stuck to my guns.  Most men don't like women over 35 because we're no longer bubbly and naive and wearing rose-colored glasses.  In other words, we are onto them.  They characterize this as "carrying baggage," which always amuses me since the baggage we're carrying is the baggage they left us with.  

On a side note, I can't help but notice that most talk show hosts, including Dr. Phil, approach male/female topics assuming women are only dating as an end to getting married.  And Dr. Phil has very good advice for that.  But you know, especially when you're young, why should you only date men you'd want to marry?  Men certainly never take that path.  I fell in love with more than one man that I knew I'd never want to marry.  Nothing wrong with that as long as you're preventing pregnancies, IMO.

November 2, 2006, 11:41 am CST

Dr. Phils 7 questions

I am glad that Rebecca will be recieving therapy after today's show.  She should also  read Dr. Phil's online iquestionare:  "7 questions to ask your partner has been unfaithful". 

Dyson: 1. has patterns 2. owns his bad behavior but is proud of it 3. is oblivious to the pain he has brought his wife b/c he is self centered 4.is not sorry  5.is not willing to take responsibility for his sexual addiction 6. is very insensitive 7. is busy building his own legacy--destructive not just to himself but to his wife, children, family, and yes, to the other women he degrades.  What would become of Dyson if he lost his looks in an accident?

Beauty on the inside is far greater than the outside. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last