Message Boards

Topic : Tired of Being Single

Number of Replies: 3875
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:12:41 pm
Author : dataimport

Have you had enough of the single life? What are you doing to find happiness? Share your story. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information. Please use common sense when using this message board and never give out your personal information online.

You participate on the Message Boards at your own risk. Responsibility for postings under your identification and disclosing personal information about yourself is done at your own risk. DrPhil.com takes no responsibility for such postings.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 17, 2009, 5:03 pm CST

Keep on

Quote From: roxy1986

I know there are so many people on here with more issues than me.. But i feel i need to tell someone how i really feel about this. I can only tell my freinds and family so much.

Ive been single for the past 7months now. But each time i get close to a guy, i feel i tell them to much, too soon and they run for the hills and stop talking to me. I want to keep trying but i feel maybe im trying to hard to be in a relationship and maybe i should just wait and see what happens.. But thats easier said than done! What do you think i should do guys?

I think you are doing the right thing, I have met a few ladies in the last few months, and they all turned out to be very superficial and shallow. I guess I am a sensitive man, so I would welcome the opportunity to get to know someobody from the inside out.  Stay with it, there is a man out there who will appreciate your honesty and transparancy. 

Sincerely John.

January 21, 2009, 6:40 pm CST

Single mom of 2

Hi, I'm a 26 yr old mom of 2 wonderful kids. I've been single now for almost 1yr and Im getting really tired of being single. Dont get me I go out on dates, you know the normal dinner, moive, take walks whatever. I have came across a few nice guys, but they don't want a relationship now this is where I get confused. I dont know if its b/c I have two childern or b/c Ive been married and now Im divorce. I dont know what Im doing wrong?

January 21, 2009, 9:11 pm CST

hey

Quote From: sbrocki24

Hi, I'm a 26 yr old mom of 2 wonderful kids. I've been single now for almost 1yr and Im getting really tired of being single. Dont get me I go out on dates, you know the normal dinner, moive, take walks whatever. I have came across a few nice guys, but they don't want a relationship now this is where I get confused. I dont know if its b/c I have two childern or b/c Ive been married and now Im divorce. I dont know what Im doing wrong?

hello there i amin texas and i am 37 years old now and i have custody of my four kids and i go out on date and thing but when i tell them i have four kids that i am raising on my own. they never call me again. why is that? just asking a question

January 26, 2009, 5:12 pm CST

Want to get married

I am a divorced dad of an 11 year old son and I have been divorced from my ex since Oct 07. I left her in May 06 due to her mental and verbal abuse. In Dec 05 I met her through a mutual on line friend, the woman who has been the world to me. And no, shes not the reason for my divorce.  She just made me see what I was missing in my life.  She lives  3 hours away from me so we don't get to see each other as often as Id like or her I'm sure either.  We got engaged in May 07. She has never been married but has a daughter 24 who lives at home with her.  I have been married twice before.  I want to be married to this woman very much. And yes, I am tired of being single in the true sense. We were planning on getting married last year but I wanted to wait a bit since I was just divorced. Now I am very willing to get married now but she wants to wait until 2010 in Oct.  Id like to say I'm not trying to talk her into getting married sooner but I am actually. So far it's not working. I am a very nice guy, I don't drink or smoke and don't do drugs. I believe in true  love, romance, passion and communication. I don't hit nor do I yell.  She's had bad relationships that were abusive.  So yeah, I think I'm a great catch as I do of her as well. I'm wondering, other then the financial reasons, which she says are the main ones not to get married right now, what else can I do to help her understand that we are meant for each other and why should we wait? Thanks for reading.

February 12, 2009, 4:33 pm CST

Im starting to think maybe theres something wrong with me

Im almost 25, i have a wonderful son, and im one of the millions of single moms looking for love. Im starting to become bitter. What is wrong with you men out there. I consider myself to be young,independent, beautiful, intelligent, morally conscience, financially responsible and generally optimistic. And yet...... I cant meet a good guy for the life of me. It seems like they keep getting worse, What is going on. I feel like i've taken a extra dose of crazy pills. Don't get me wrong i'm not perfect by any means, but i don't consider my flaws to be so severe that a potential partner would suffer horribly. my flaws consist of not being the cleanest person, i cant cook, I whine about cold weather to a fault, I've definitely been known to nag about things, but besides the cooking and cleaning i'm pretty much a normal woman. maybe my standards are too high, but it doesn't feel right to lower my standards just because im surrounded by young 20 something party animal, womanizers, with either no ambitions, or ridiculous ones, like i want to be a famous rapper or dance in MTV videos or better yet play video games professionally. Im mean Seriously!!! Get a clue idiots, if you havn't hit fame by 25 maybe you should consider exploring other option, and dont even get me started on the video games. Also, what happened to chivalry ? or the Handy man? or even the bread winning attitudes. Im sorry but i dont want to involve myself with men who cant change a lightbulb and need me to cater to them while sitting on the couch eating potato chips, while trying to provide financially as well. I have a Son i don't want to adopt another one! I know the good men are out there but Where? and why are they not interested in me? Im starting to think i might be single forever, or have to settle with one of these idiots! Can some one send me a clue!

February 12, 2009, 4:35 pm CST

Im starting to think maybe theres something wrong with me

Im almost 25, i have a wonderful son, and im one of the millions of single moms looking for love. Im starting to become bitter. What is wrong with you men out there. I consider myself to be young,independent, beautiful, intelligent, morally conscience, financially responsible and generally optimistic. And yet...... I cant meet a good guy for the life of me. It seems like they keep getting worse, What is going on. I feel like i've taken a extra dose of crazy pills. Don't get me wrong i'm not perfect by any means, but i don't consider my flaws to be so severe that a potential partner would suffer horribly. my flaws consist of not being the cleanest person, i cant cook, I whine about cold weather to a fault, I've definitely been known to nag about things, but besides the cooking and cleaning i'm pretty much a normal woman. maybe my standards are too high, but it doesn't feel right to lower my standards just because im surrounded by young 20 something party animal, womanizers, with either no ambitions, or ridiculous ones, like i want to be a famous rapper or dance in MTV videos or better yet play video games professionally. Im mean Seriously!!! Get a clue idiots, if you havn't hit fame by 25 maybe you should consider exploring other option, and dont even get me started on the video games. Also, what happened to chivalry ? or the Handy man? or even the bread winning attitudes. Im sorry but i dont want to involve myself with men who cant change a lightbulb and need me to cater to them while sitting on the couch eating potato chips, while trying to provide financially as well. I have a Son i don't want to adopt another one! I know the good men are out there but Where? and why are they not interested in me? Im starting to think i might be single forever, or have to settle with one of these idiots! Can some one send me a clue!

February 14, 2009, 3:59 pm CST

I've gotten myself into some deep doo doo...I'm in love with a MARRIED MAN ugh!!

I need help. Professional help. I keep making one bad decision after another when it comes to men. I know adultery is a sin and this whole thing can lead to a dead end and destroy me emotionally. Hear me out first...Here's the story...

On Christmas Eve of 2007 I met my bestfriends step brother for the first time. WOW...he took my breath away. He was dressed so nice, he was so well mannered, great conversation, a really nice guy. Oh yeah and he was married. I had a living in boyfriend at the time so I didn't think into the situation too much... sooooo we meet again around August of 2008 I'm single and he's seperated (not divorced). My bestfriend (his stepsister) told him I had a crush on him. Turns out he was diggin me too. We exchanged numbers after a few conversations and dates things became more physical. It's 2009 We're still seeing each other. And he's still married. I don't want him to get a divorce just to be with me but I don't like hanging in the balance. In the beginning he was completely honest and open about his feeling towards me and her. He cares for me and doesn't want to hurt me but he cares for her still as well. They've been married for 10 years and have 1 child. I asked him does he think they'll work things out he said "HELL NO" (his exact words). Lately he's been really tight liped about his feelings. The only thing he says is he's confused. I'm the point where I want to back away from the situation. but everytime he shows up at my door I let him in and fall deeper <sigh> Since he's not telling me how he feels I have no choice but to assume.

Ok this is what I think....He wants told me he didn't want to be seperated longer then a year. After exactly one year of seperation with no changes he would go for the divorce. Since they are approaching a year of seperation I think both of them are being flooded with all these thoughts and feelings. 10 years is a long time  and there is a child invovled so I totally understand this being a little difficult. I'm 95% sure he wants a divorce but he doesnt know how to tell her. ( she might slash his tires or take his kid away) So he's waiting her to make the decision for him.

As far as him and me. We really like each other, respect each other, there's a possibilty we could build something in the future. He doesn't want to let me go, but he knows things with his wife could get crazy so he's not asking me to wait for him. hmmm it's like he's dating us both. and waiting on me or the wife to make the decision.

Can somebody offer so kind words of encouragement. I know I messed up. I'm stupid dumb nieve....oh yeah  did I mention PREGNANT!!! <YIKES> HELP

February 15, 2009, 1:37 pm CST

Yes, I know

Quote From: hmb_1984

I know exactly how you feel.  I am the same age and have been in the dating scene again for about the past year.  I am a wonderful guy and will make a an even more wonderful husband; but I just can't find anyone.  I've talked to several woman and been on numerous dates and it just seems that they are all let downs.  I'm ready to find the woman of my dreams.  Some of my friends tell me that I need to lower my standards, but should I really?  My standards are really not that high and are not abnormal.  I'm not going to start dating fifty year old woman.  I am very frustrated with dating because I put so much time and effort in to and get nothing out of it.  I keep telling myself that I need to take a break, but then I find myself not able to take that break.  I just need a refreshing change from the past outcomes.  Anyone have any comments?

March 8, 2009, 5:07 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: slayereve

Maybe, but I feel like guys will never like me, because I'm not good enough...and I don't know what to do or how to change, so that I can be who they want in a girlfriend.
You should never change "to be what a guy wants". The guy who is worth it will love you for what you already are. changing to be what someone else wants is sure to backfire. sure you can be something your not, but in time your true self will shine through. would u rather be loved for the person u really are or have to try everyday for the rest of your life to be what someone else wants??? that would get pretty tiring. trust me i changed for my ex-bf to be what i thought he wanted me to be, and we are no longer together. he told me when we broke up that he wished i would have stayed the person i was when we first met (the true me) and couldnt understand why i changed to try and be what i thought he wanted. the one who loves you for the true u is worth it. its hard to be alone when everyone else is happily coupled up, but take it as a positive thing, you can learn more about u and what you want and dont want in a guy. i am currently reading dr. phils book "Love Smart". it is an awsome book and is really helping me find my way to my true happiness.

March 24, 2009, 3:54 pm CDT

Trying to deal with my ex husband dating

I'v been dealing with a cheating husband and though once  I got a divorce it will all be better.  I was wrong.  I was angry and hurt by what he did but never wanted to get a divorce.  I let my parents and family tell me that has to be the next step.  I love my husband and never wanted to be away from him.  We have been secretly dating because neither of our parents want us to be together.  However I went to his house the other day and he had a women there and treated my like the ex-wife.  It hurt me so bad but we have been through that before he has lied about dating other people and I've caught him with other women many times and he always comes back and I go with it and we are ok for a while and then it happens again well I'm done . I want to move on I don't want my kids to think this relationship is ok.  I want  to be happy and  I haven't been in about 4 years since I found out he was cheating.  I need help and don't know what to do its only a matter of time when he calls to say sorry and he wants me back.  I want to be armed with a backbone by then to tell him no.

First | Prev | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | Next | Last