Message Boards

Topic : Tired of Being Single

Number of Replies: 3875
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:12:41 pm
Author : dataimport

Have you had enough of the single life? What are you doing to find happiness? Share your story. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information. Please use common sense when using this message board and never give out your personal information online.

You participate on the Message Boards at your own risk. Responsibility for postings under your identification and disclosing personal information about yourself is done at your own risk. DrPhil.com takes no responsibility for such postings.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 24, 2009, 7:45 pm CDT

find support

Quote From: jilleast

I'v been dealing with a cheating husband and though once  I got a divorce it will all be better.  I was wrong.  I was angry and hurt by what he did but never wanted to get a divorce.  I let my parents and family tell me that has to be the next step.  I love my husband and never wanted to be away from him.  We have been secretly dating because neither of our parents want us to be together.  However I went to his house the other day and he had a women there and treated my like the ex-wife.  It hurt me so bad but we have been through that before he has lied about dating other people and I've caught him with other women many times and he always comes back and I go with it and we are ok for a while and then it happens again well I'm done . I want to move on I don't want my kids to think this relationship is ok.  I want  to be happy and  I haven't been in about 4 years since I found out he was cheating.  I need help and don't know what to do its only a matter of time when he calls to say sorry and he wants me back.  I want to be armed with a backbone by then to tell him no.

I understand your situation totally and want you to understand that you don't have to struggle alone. I too experienced what you are dealing with now. It never changes until you do get that backbone and even then, you will be stronger and he will do it to all the other women who comes into his life. What worked for me was getting counseling. It was better to work through things with someone who was a neutral party vs a family member who is invested in my emotions. Also, stop answering the phone for a while when he calls then it will gradually become easier. If he needs to speak to you he can leave a message then you can call him at your convenience. Then when you opt to call him back only discuss the kids and nothing else, if the subject goes to anything else just say goodbye and hang up the phone. Once you start to change you will begin to feel better about yourself and become stronger. Good luck and keep us posted.

March 26, 2009, 6:45 am CDT

hello

Iam tired of dating guys that have problems or do not know what they want!  iam tired of being single! iam tired of looking for my friends that have children and husbands!!! I wish that i can find a great guy who is the same intersted as me!!! well thats it!!! if you have any advice e-mail me

March 26, 2009, 8:49 am CDT

sick of being single

i despreatly need help. Am 29, single,Muslim and from north of Iraq(Kurdistan).

I live and work in Australia. All people who knows me describe me as .polie, well manners, kind, caring and respectfull. BUT i havent been able to date a single girl. Im fit and look average and i believe that my look is much better than some people who has beautiful wife or g/f. I wanna have family of my own and find my soul mate. I need to know that why i have that much unsucessful. is it my background or bad luck?

or being very nice and good person?.

thank you

March 26, 2009, 8:52 am CDT

hello

Quote From: pasofino1980

Iam tired of dating guys that have problems or do not know what they want!  iam tired of being single! iam tired of looking for my friends that have children and husbands!!! I wish that i can find a great guy who is the same intersted as me!!! well thats it!!! if you have any advice e-mail me

hi there

i just read your messege. i have a quiet simillar problem. would u mind if i ask how old are you or if you a little bit about yourself please?

thank you

March 26, 2009, 9:19 am CDT

hello

Quote From: square_peg

I am 30 years old single female and have never been in a relationship before. I know this sounds very strange but it is true. There's nothing wrong with me. I am kind, honest, caring. I am not a mean spirited person. I try to encourage everyone that i interact with. But for some reason which I don't understand I have never been in any relationship. I have guy friends but most are involved/ married. I am very respectful of their space. I keep saying that no relationship is better than a bad one. But I have just turned 30.

What's wrong with me that I cant seem to turn friendship into more. Not just that, cuz I have never been in relationship I dont really know how to flirt, how to approach relationships. Any advice?

hi there

would you mind if i ask you whats your background please or tell me a little bit about yourself?

thank you.

March 28, 2009, 1:34 pm CDT

I don;t like being single sometimes

I have been married 4 times and divorced 4 times. I have been single now for 2 years and I really don't like it very much. I mean it does have its moments when I'm glad that I'm by myself but most of the time I feel lonely in that I would like someone of the opposite sex to care whether I make home from work or how is it going with my kids or just care if I'm happky or not. there have many a night when I have longed for someone to be there just to hold me when I'm scared or worried about something. I do that Jesus is there with me and that should be enough.. Have to go now somebocy wants the computer. Thanks for listening. Oh yeah would it wrong for me to call a guy up and see how he is doing after he came to my work and said he had been thinking about me? Just wondering.

April 30, 2009, 4:38 pm CDT

friends with rings but not me....

24 years old(and yes i am still young), but most of my friends are married or getting married and starting families. I don't want to be single anymore.  I do work a lot because its just me and at this point in time I have to work or I don't get paid and I lose everything that I have worked very hard for in the last two years to keep. I am a PRN with all most a full time job hopefully around the corner.. I have been in only two relationships my whole life.  I'm not the type to go to bars or anything I can't afford it and dont have the time.

I just dont know what else to do and I'm afraid of my friends leaving me behind. So frustrated...

May 1, 2009, 8:01 pm CDT

re:tired of being single

Quote From: deeda03

24 years old(and yes i am still young), but most of my friends are married or getting married and starting families. I don't want to be single anymore.  I do work a lot because its just me and at this point in time I have to work or I don't get paid and I lose everything that I have worked very hard for in the last two years to keep. I am a PRN with all most a full time job hopefully around the corner.. I have been in only two relationships my whole life.  I'm not the type to go to bars or anything I can't afford it and dont have the time.

I just dont know what else to do and I'm afraid of my friends leaving me behind. So frustrated...

hi, i know exactly what that feels like....im still young and i'm 34!  it is hard when all of our friends have gone off to get married and have families of their own, so there is nobody to hang out with anymore. much harder to actually find a relationship of our own. i'm not into the bar/club thing either. i wouldnt want someone who can be picked up that easy...but on the other hand, it is harder when women are too beautiful to approach (shyness issue). and i have also delved myself into working all the time so i don't have to be at home where it is "just me". i'm not writing to offer , or ask for sympathy, but we seem to have this common ground that is difficult for us, so i'd love to hear from you.

steve

May 1, 2009, 10:56 pm CDT

About to give up

My name is Cory and I'm 22. I have been single as long as I can remember and only been on two dates. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm just the unlucky one. Not sure what to write or if there is help. Just needed a place to vent a guess...

May 3, 2009, 1:45 am CDT

hi cory

Quote From: cmelton86

My name is Cory and I'm 22. I have been single as long as I can remember and only been on two dates. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if I'm just the unlucky one. Not sure what to write or if there is help. Just needed a place to vent a guess...
i remember 22. i hadnt even been with anyone up until then...and it was disaster! dont down yourself, cus i did for many years, i thought i had to have sex to measure up to the rest of the guys...and when i did, i hurt myself and a lot of close friends and family. i know the ridicule from other people (family included), and it hurts. i'm still single myself and it's lonely sometimes, but if i can keep going one more day, just one more day...who knows...maybe someone will come along when i'm actually ready...not when i THINK i'm ready. i thought i was the unlucky one, the loser, the oddball who was too shy to even approach a girl...but i'm not a loser or an oddball. if there is something we can do to take care of ourselves, especially when we are feeling down, someone is gonna notice that and see our self respect. this isnt adviceby the way..just a suggestion that i am also doing myself. so hang in there. email me anytime you want if you need to vent some more..steve

First | Prev | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | Next | Last