Message Boards

Topic : Tired of Being Single

Number of Replies: 3875
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:12:41 pm
Author : dataimport

Have you had enough of the single life? What are you doing to find happiness? Share your story. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information. Please use common sense when using this message board and never give out your personal information online.

You participate on the Message Boards at your own risk. Responsibility for postings under your identification and disclosing personal information about yourself is done at your own risk. DrPhil.com takes no responsibility for such postings.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 12, 2005, 2:59 pm CDT

Why do bad things happen to good people

The only way to understand what i am going through is to actually hear the whole story so if you want to know .. keep reading. 

Okay so back in may of 05' my girlfriend of 5 damn years broke up with me because i called her when she was on a supposed, "girls night out" and there was a man's voice in the car she was in. I started asking why is it that I'm home alone and your out with guys on a girls night out. i got nothing else really. and then she called me when she got home and broke up with me. I was devistated. I didnt know what to do. So its been about 5 months. I talk to her on and off. we still have had sex a few times in between of our break-up. but thats besides the point. Ever since that one night in may, i feel empty. I cant eat right, sleep right, think, right, work right. So i started my second year of college to see if i can gain some independence of some sort from her and meet some new girls. But every girl I have been interested in, are a little more sexually active then i prefer, to say the least. Mean while all of my friends have been spliting up and going their own ways due to growth. It just doesn't seem right to me, i start to wonder...Am i supposed to live like this every day? I just cried for the first time in a long time since breaking up with my girlfriend. It just hurts. I know I love her, I just know it. But she wont have anything to do with me but  "hi-bye" conversations. Im just too sad to see the light. can anyone help? 

October 12, 2005, 3:36 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: dcblack

The only way to understand what i am going through is to actually hear the whole story so if you want to know .. keep reading. 

Okay so back in may of 05' my girlfriend of 5 damn years broke up with me because i called her when she was on a supposed, "girls night out" and there was a man's voice in the car she was in. I started asking why is it that I'm home alone and your out with guys on a girls night out. i got nothing else really. and then she called me when she got home and broke up with me. I was devistated. I didnt know what to do. So its been about 5 months. I talk to her on and off. we still have had sex a few times in between of our break-up. but thats besides the point. Ever since that one night in may, i feel empty. I cant eat right, sleep right, think, right, work right. So i started my second year of college to see if i can gain some independence of some sort from her and meet some new girls. But every girl I have been interested in, are a little more sexually active then i prefer, to say the least. Mean while all of my friends have been spliting up and going their own ways due to growth. It just doesn't seem right to me, i start to wonder...Am i supposed to live like this every day? I just cried for the first time in a long time since breaking up with my girlfriend. It just hurts. I know I love her, I just know it. But she wont have anything to do with me but  "hi-bye" conversations. Im just too sad to see the light. can anyone help? 

unfortunately I think it will have to be time that will get you through this. my bf.....if yu read my entry has had a rough go and 1yr and half later is still having a hard time with so many unanswered questions..I'm not sure how I can help other than be there for him and let him know I care. The rest  I suppose is up to him. 5 mths does not erase 5 yrs so allow yourself to grieve, but don't let it consume you either. Have you ever thought of talking to a counsellor? I know it sounds cliche, but it may help...one peice of advice though, I would not hook up with her sexually anymore. Regardless of what most people say, sex sometiems isn't just sex especially when it is with someone you care about and have cared about.....anyways in time you will stop being sad and feeling so lost and you ill meet someone who loves youbeyond all expectations! good luck! 

October 12, 2005, 4:10 pm CDT

Living La Vida Single :(

Ok so lately I have noticed that everyone around me is either with a significant other, or they are in the process of securing a relationship with a person. It just gets to me I am still single. I had a VERY abusive relationship about 3 years ago where I got married at 18, spent up untikl last year married to him, after finally divorcing him, I moved on and now I am back in college working part time and babysiting tow wonderful children for my best friend. I want to find a nice jewish boy as any other Jeish girl does. I am just so confused as to when I have friends say I need to find a man for my life. I don't have time for it and every guy I meet I find something wrong that I cna't date him...no career goal, drugs, the list moves on and on. I just don't know if that there is something wrong with me or not.

October 12, 2005, 6:23 pm CDT

Tired of being single

I am tired of being single. The worst thing that I could imagine that would happen to me is to be alone especially during the difficult times in my life.   

I have trouble trusting people and opening up to them. How can i change that? 

Help!!! 

Feel free to email me with advice or suggestions  at della_anne@yahoo.com 

October 13, 2005, 6:06 pm CDT

Tired of beeing single

Quote From: della_anne

I am tired of being single. The worst thing that I could imagine that would happen to me is to be alone especially during the difficult times in my life.   

I have trouble trusting people and opening up to them. How can i change that? 

Help!!! 

Feel free to email me with advice or suggestions  at della_anne@yahoo.com 

Well della I can say that I am pretty much going through the same thing as you are.  The only thing that I do is that I open up to guys.  I don't trust them that much though.  The way you can change it is that don't be afraid to talk to guys.  You may be a girl but guys know things that happen with us.    I am in a relationship right now with a guy and him and I talk about my girly problems all the time.  He is willing to listen to my problems.  Whether it be work related or emotional or mental problems.    And most of the time he gives me the answers that I am looking for.  Well keep up dated on how things go with you. 

Jesus4eva 

October 13, 2005, 6:12 pm CDT

what is wrong with me?

I have a problem.  Guys seem to not be interested in me.  I am very nice and out going but they look at me and just laugh.  I don't know if my weight has anything to do with it, but if it does that is no reason to not like me.  You shouldn't like a person for what they look like on the outside but how they are on the inside.  And if I do get a relationship with a guy I tend to get a guy that all he wants is sex and I don't want that yet.  Please help me in what I should do.  I am dating a guy right now but he wants sex. 

October 14, 2005, 3:11 am CDT

Advice

Dated my ex(Tony) Met my ex through a friend, briefly dated his best friend frist(MARK), briefly for like a week, got with my ex, we dated for about a year, saw each other for about a year after that, his best friend(MARK) and i didnt see eye to eye for a long time over it. Problem is its a few years on, were all friends now, i have started to like MARK again. I know its playing with fire, nothings happened but reassure me, theres no way i could go ther is there?

October 14, 2005, 2:34 pm CDT

Why am I so naive??

Was contacted by a man I had dated 38 years ago (I was 16 he was 21).  I am 54 and divorced.  He said he was divorced and swept me off my feet.  Talking about old memories, how much he had thought about me over the years.  Long story short, went away for a couple of days with him.  Of course, sex was a part of this.  After I returned home he informed me that we could not see each other again because of his guilt - He Was Married!  I feel so used, stupid and angry.  Tired of the dating games.  Do not even want to date again.  Seems any guy I date lies about his motives, matrital status, etc. (not talking about sexual relationships here).  I don't feel that men my age are interested in any type of relationship.   Any advice??

October 15, 2005, 6:52 am CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: qwenb19

I am a newly 22 year old female.  I guess you could say that I have not lead the typical kinda of a 20 year olds life...I bought my first house when I was 18 and I got my RN when I was 19...I have no school loans...car paid off.....career....and......have realized that I have sacreficed having any sort of a social life tobe where I am today.  Proud yes....but I empty..complety!  I have been on one date in my life...never even held hands with a guy or even shared a kiss.I am a hopeless romantic and feel saddened because I can't watch a love movie and know what it feels like to be kissed..how it must feel for someone to gaze into your eyes knowing they are staring at your heart....love songs are just constant reminders of what I am missing...So  bottom line is....I do go out with friends to dance and to social gatherings...online been there done that.....but every guy I have ever got feed back from has said that I am intimidating and that I am "too good to mess up"....If it sounds like I have an ego I apoligize..I am not in my mind bragging...the sorrow of my loinlyness is croading my soul..and I fight every day to keep thinking I will find someone someday....what Is a girl to do?
hi ^^  you are still young, you know.  i was 22 yrs when i had my first kiss and before that i never even had a single date. good things come with patience and in time ^^ so dont hurry.  you aren´t missing anything, i assure you, your whole life is still ahead and any day you might find the love of your life ^^ my advice to you also is to BE YOURSELF just the way you are, you are good enough the way you are and it has nothing to do with material stuff or looks.  there will be a guy who likes you just the way you are, with all your defects. keep an open mind and heart and focus on other things than trying to find someone -then you might find him when you least expect it, that is when you aren´t tensed and desperate ^^  good things are worth waiting for. you haven´t missed anything ^^

October 15, 2005, 6:59 am CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: jesus4eva

I have a problem.  Guys seem to not be interested in me.  I am very nice and out going but they look at me and just laugh.  I don't know if my weight has anything to do with it, but if it does that is no reason to not like me.  You shouldn't like a person for what they look like on the outside but how they are on the inside.  And if I do get a relationship with a guy I tend to get a guy that all he wants is sex and I don't want that yet.  Please help me in what I should do.  I am dating a guy right now but he wants sex. 
hi,  i think that you are attracting the wrong kind of guys unconsciously ^^  we teach others how to treat us, isnt that what dr.phil says. if you really dont pay yourself attention to looks, you´ll also meet a guy who doesnt. just be yourself and be confident. i think you should also be patient, sometimes it is good to be off-relationship ,to have time for yourself, finding out who you are, what you like etc. and not focus on finding someone "^^" if you dont want a sex relationship yet, tell the guy and if he doesnt agree -he isnt the right guy for you to date ^^ it´s simple as that, no ?

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last