Message Boards

Topic : Tired of Being Single

Number of Replies: 3875
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:12:41 pm
Author : dataimport

Have you had enough of the single life? What are you doing to find happiness? Share your story. For your safety and privacy, please do not post personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers or any other private information. Please use common sense when using this message board and never give out your personal information online.

You participate on the Message Boards at your own risk. Responsibility for postings under your identification and disclosing personal information about yourself is done at your own risk. DrPhil.com takes no responsibility for such postings.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 5, 2005, 6:28 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: hercules12

I am 35 and I am a single male. I would love to have a special lady and get married, especially soon so that I can start a family. But it is so hard to find the someone special. All the right ladies for me are already married or have boyfriends. It is also hard to know where to find someone. I mean, I don't go to bars, the only parties I go to are family reunions. I tried a dating service and I had  really bad experience so I would not go that route again. If I don't find a special lady soon, I will be too old raise a family. It is just so frustrating not knowing where to meet nice single ladies. I am sick of being alone and I would love a lady to love and get married soon so we can share both the good and bad times together (and before it is too late to start a family). 

Wouldn't we all love to have that special someone? if you are that lonely you need to get out and meet girls or try online dating again.

September 5, 2005, 8:39 pm CDT

how do u give your heart again?

I'd like to know how u can give yourself to someone again after being shattered by your ex...i had my heart broken for the first time in 27 yrs last year....we were married for 5yrs together 10....i swear i wouldn't survive being shattered again. 

September 7, 2005, 12:41 am CDT

New Men's Guide

After countless discussions with many men, who have been destroyed by their exes, I have come to several conclusions.  One: Is that women today are manipulative, hurtful, self centered creatures, that are to be avoided at all costs.  Two: Money is the key to happiness; it will ensure survival; it will protect you from all the crap your ex sends your way; and it will ensure comfort for your kids.  Three: Money will not buy love, but it sure in heck will rent it for a while!!  Show up in Las Vegas, with a stack of bills, and you will find true love!!  Remember, today's woman is about " For Now", not " Forever "!  

So, if you are tired of being proof that Hell is full, and the dead walk the Earth; avoid women!  She ain't pretty, she just looks that way!!  Here's one of my favorite lines to use, if a woman approaches you: " I do not want to shake your hand.  Because, if I shake your hand, I might like you, and if I like you, I might fall in love with you.  And you will destroy my heart.  And I do not have the time or patience for that ANYMORE!!  Make money, enjoy your life ~ Voidheart.  

September 8, 2005, 12:51 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: whitemag3

Wouldn't we all love to have that special someone? if you are that lonely you need to get out and meet girls or try online dating again.

I have tried online dating and "getting out there"  no one ever replies, or if they do, they play a bunch of games.   When you go out, if your out by yourself, like I am many times, I must look like a loser because not one person will talk to me.  I feel you man.   

September 8, 2005, 12:54 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: ykz_pilot

I was a single man for 44 years.  I thought I would never find the perfect woman ... but I did ... I am so thankful that I did not let the many years of waiting and yearning cause me to compromise and 'settle'.  

I had many opportunities with various women, but I thought that special woman was not to be found.  Most of the women I dated claimed that they wanted a decent moral man, but within a few months were asking for sex!  Ironically, these were women who attended church.  I was shocked when they would show up with a box of condoms.    

God really used my waiting as a growth period, and allowed my wife and I to share what was meant to be a bonding between husband and wife.  Sex is a great gift to marriage.  It is not recreation, and does not require 'protection' unless abused.  

It is no wonder so many marriages fail.  People cheapen themselves for a thrill, and rob their future spouse of the greatest gift they can give them.      

As great as sex is, it is not the most intimate part of marriage.  Prayer is.  What an awesome way to share your heart with your spouse.    

Although much of the advice on this show is excellent, it is too bad it is so lacking a moral center.   Wordly advice is not wisdom.   

If I have to wait until I'm 44 I'd rather not get married at all.  All your FUN days are over.  Death is knocking at your door by then. 

September 9, 2005, 1:37 pm CDT

Too scared to enjoy dating!

My name is Lauren and i am 23. I graduated with a bachelors degree in psychology. Its hard b/c i understand how harmful internal diagloge can be. I just have a big problem with it. I just started dating this great guy and most people should be all gitty and happy at the beginning of a relationship. NOT ME! The second time we went out, i cried. I am terrified of getting hurt again. i cant even laugh and enjoy getting to know someone. I am very picky when it comes to guys. I can get alot of guys but i never like any of them. and now i found a guy that i like and i am a nervous wreck! Last time i dated a  guy, which was a year ago, i got physically sick every day b/c i was so nervous and upset b/c i knew it wasnt going to work out. Now, with Mike, i just tell myself that its not gonna work out b/c it never does ... and then i get upset b/c i DO like him....i dont know. its hard to explain. Please- i need advice! I want to enjoy dating !! HELP!

September 10, 2005, 1:51 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: lr90angel

My name is Lauren and i am 23. I graduated with a bachelors degree in psychology. Its hard b/c i understand how harmful internal diagloge can be. I just have a big problem with it. I just started dating this great guy and most people should be all gitty and happy at the beginning of a relationship. NOT ME! The second time we went out, i cried. I am terrified of getting hurt again. i cant even laugh and enjoy getting to know someone. I am very picky when it comes to guys. I can get alot of guys but i never like any of them. and now i found a guy that i like and i am a nervous wreck! Last time i dated a  guy, which was a year ago, i got physically sick every day b/c i was so nervous and upset b/c i knew it wasnt going to work out. Now, with Mike, i just tell myself that its not gonna work out b/c it never does ... and then i get upset b/c i DO like him....i dont know. its hard to explain. Please- i need advice! I want to enjoy dating !! HELP!

It doesn't take a degree to know that you are sabatoging your own happiness before it gets started.  If you keep telling yourself you won't find happiness, you never will.  End of story.   

This is the best time of my life.  I am recently divorced and I enjoy waking up, going to work and at the end of my day opening the door to a quiet home.  If sometime in my future I meet that special someone, well then, I just received an added bonus for myself.  I take one day at a time and if I can say so myself, I smell like a rose more and more each day.  Pollyanna attitude??? You betcha.  Life is good.       

Thank you Doc Phil for your two books....Self Matters and Life's Strageties.  If it weren't for you, I don't know what I would be thinking right now.   

September 11, 2005, 10:01 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: mmgapeach

If I have to wait until I'm 44 I'd rather not get married at all.  All your FUN days are over.  Death is knocking at your door by then. 
death knocking at 44? i dont think so

September 13, 2005, 6:54 am CDT

Translation from Man talk required!

Wondering if anybody can help - I recently met a guy at a week-long seminar, who told me he had a girlfriend. Ok, let's be friends, I thought - we get on great and you can never have too many friends! Then on the last night we both got drunk and one thing led to another...  

Since then he's come to see me every weekend, and calls me often.  

So why did he tell me he had a girlfriend when he didn't???  

Translation somebody?  

Confused Cat172  

September 13, 2005, 2:46 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: cat172

Wondering if anybody can help - I recently met a guy at a week-long seminar, who told me he had a girlfriend. Ok, let's be friends, I thought - we get on great and you can never have too many friends! Then on the last night we both got drunk and one thing led to another...  

Since then he's come to see me every weekend, and calls me often.  

So why did he tell me he had a girlfriend when he didn't???  

Translation somebody?  

Confused Cat172  

why dont you ask him? maybe he does have a girlfriend but he's cheating.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last