Message Boards

Topic : 11/06 The Lie Detector

Number of Replies: 1236
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 12:57:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil vowed to find out the truth behind accusations that Jeremy molested his 3-year-old daughter, Kaylee. Krista and Bonii, Kaylee’s mom and grandmother, brought videos to Dr. Phil to try to back up their charges against Jeremy, yet Jeremy maintained his innocence, insisting that Kaylee was coached to say bad things about him. Now, both sides are back after taking lie detector tests administered by a highly skilled polygrapher. Have Krista and Bonii been honest with Dr. Phil about their feelings and actions? Did Jeremy pass his lie detector test? Plus, did anyone try to use tactics to defeat the test? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 4, 2006, 6:55 pm CST

she did say THEY !!!

Quote From: Mandylionn

I was sitting on the edge of seat waiting for Dr. Phil too ask that very question who is 'THEY" she clearly did say 'THEY" 

But I heard something else too.When the mother made the remark about how CPS had turned a deaf ear to her,and even went so far as to pretty much threaten her if she did not stop saying the things she was saying she could lose custody of her child.Then Dr. Phil sayed what he did about CPS did not do business that way,and how he just did not believe that really was true.{ those were not his exact words,but I felt like that was the way he felt about CPS] Then I know I heard the mother tell Dr. Phil that she had sent him the report she had gotten.But nothing else was said about that.I could be wrong but I would swear that is what she said.If so why wasen't more said about it?I do believe Dr. Phil has only seen the best side of CPS,but a lot of us know about the other side.The side we know is when the common person is having trouble,when we are banging our heads on the table because no one cares,no one wants to hear it,we are causing trouble,we need to be quiet.And if we say too much we lose the one we would die to save.How in the name of God can we fight for our children if we can't tell them the truth?The graves are full of children no one protected.I hope hell is hotter for the people who molest children.

November 4, 2006, 7:53 pm CST

What does Robin think?

I am very curious how Robin feels about her husband's response in defending CPS and his comments to Kaylee's family regarding his discomfort with the way they are handling the situation.  I think Dr. Phil has his "man hat" on and is not thinking from a point of view of a MOTHER.  I happen to have a high opinion of Robin as a mother and I can't help but think that she is having sleepless nights over this too.

November 4, 2006, 8:24 pm CST

I just have to say this

As disheartening  as it is, I can't help but be somewhat relieved to see so many other people voicing concerns about Dr. Phil's blanketed faith in CPS. I am a social worker but not for CPS- I work with families who CPS chooses not to investigate. Let me tell you, it is APPALLING what kinds of allegations are never looked into. In my case it's more the fault of the state because the allegations practically have to be proven for a CPS case to be opened; CPS doesn't really have much choice in the matter. For Dr. Phil to so firmly believe and announce that no workers would blow off what mothers like this one said is rather disconcerting to me.

November 4, 2006, 9:29 pm CST

sick

I am shocked as a mother of 3.  One being from a divorce. I have to say that if my child acted this way when visitation time came court order or not she would not go. I would have to say they would have to take me to jail fighting all the way. There is no way I would make my child go. As soon as I got the report from the hosp. I would have been all over CPS. I would not have shut up untill something was done.

To all of you who are down on CPS and what DR. Phil said. I would like to say that I also was messed with as a child and know how our system works. It needs lots of improvement. But learned that sometimes if we let it go then they do to. We need to learn to get  louder and louder till we are heard and not shut up till the end. I shut up when I was a child and now I will make sure that I stay loud and clear for my children. There is no way I would allow this to happen to them.

I do think he is guilty. I also think he wants to say the truth but is to scared of what will happen. I hope for the little girls sack that is caught and is prosecuted and gets the help he needs. I dont know how people can live with themselves doing this to any child little on their own. I hope Dr.Phil gets him! 

November 4, 2006, 9:50 pm CST

My insights

While I'm not a parent, it does appear to me that both sides have culpability. My instincts tell me that the father has indeed touched the child inappropriately. Krista and her mother reinforce one another's anger and vindictiveness such that neither views the circumstances with clear perspective any longer. Most importantly, the child's well being is not the first priority of anyone involved. The child is being provoked further by the behavior of the mother and grandmother who are verbally abusive with statements such as "Did you miss me?", "Did he do it again?", "I don't want you to go, either, but you have to." The stepmother does not appear at all nurturing and seems to be in denial as to her husband's participation and generally seems less than thrilled that a child is part of her marital package.

I look forward to the results of the polygraphs and surely anticipate accusations that the polygrapher is inept or biased.

I am most pleased that all involved agreed to supervised visits moving forward. I doubt that we have even begun to see the anger underlying all parties.

November 5, 2006, 12:33 am CST

Check the System!!!!!!!!!

I have watched you for years and for the first time ever, I disagree with something that you said...

Your faith in the CPS system must be positive because they act differently when Dr Phil is watching....

I used to work on an ambulance and was required thru my job to involve DCFS in several cases of children who I never even knew (suspicious stuff in the ER) and not one time did I see a good ending for these children...

As a professional still involved in Drs offices I once reported a blatent abuse case with several witnesses...I asked for follow up information to try to push them to DO SOMETHING...When they "investigated" and called me back they said that there was no PROOF so there was nothing they could do...I am certain the mother beat this child after they left for the the "trouble" that he had caused her...

I have 2 cases that are closer to me personally in which the children needed to be rescued...In the first one - both parents were so cracked out that they weren't even feeding the kids and and the grand-parents were asking for even temporary custody until they cleaned up. The authorities said that the only way this could happen was if the parents would sign over custody which they would not agree to...In the 2nd case a close friend had a teenage daughter who's father was molesting her...It took YEARS of reports, police, ER visits, and PROOF before they would say that she didn't have to stay with him...She is now in counseling and will be screwed up for life because no one would protect her...

I am surprised at your faith in the system when in my small amount of experience I know how broken it really is...My best friend is a counseler for children and she says that she almost can't twist DCFSs arm to even do the investigation...

I thought maybe this was a problem only in Southern Illinois but then I read your message boards and saw that I am not the only one with these experiences...

As for me - I am an excellent mother of 2 beautiful, perfect little girls who just turned 4 and 1 year old...My husband is an absolute perfect father.  This story really increased my blood pressure...

He is as guilty as the day is long - You don't have to think about wether or not you put your tongue in your daughters mouth...If he isn't guilty then he is slow....

As a mother - There is no police officer or pack of wild horses who could make me leave my daughter in a situation like this...I PROTECT MY CHILDREN at all cost - first and foremost...If I even felt like my husband was doing ANYTHING wrong - he would only see them if supervised...

Please look into the system - I really think the reason it is so broken is because they feel they have no where to place the children...Heres the thing - People like myself hesitate to become Foster Parents and help these children out because more often than not they put the kids right back into HELL and that is just too hard to take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 5, 2006, 1:12 am CST

11/06 The Lie Detector

Quote From: coleenjay

dr phil my daughter is one of the ruffest little girl i have ever seen lots of stiches bumps and boboo and when that man said the little girl lavia was ripped becouse of her ruff play that bullshit  i got sick to my stomach i hope you can get that man away from that poor little girl
I so agree!!!!!

November 5, 2006, 1:37 am CST

What would you say???

Quote From: redtapshoe

While I'm not a parent, it does appear to me that both sides have culpability. My instincts tell me that the father has indeed touched the child inappropriately. Krista and her mother reinforce one another's anger and vindictiveness such that neither views the circumstances with clear perspective any longer. Most importantly, the child's well being is not the first priority of anyone involved. The child is being provoked further by the behavior of the mother and grandmother who are verbally abusive with statements such as "Did you miss me?", "Did he do it again?", "I don't want you to go, either, but you have to." The stepmother does not appear at all nurturing and seems to be in denial as to her husband's participation and generally seems less than thrilled that a child is part of her marital package.

I look forward to the results of the polygraphs and surely anticipate accusations that the polygrapher is inept or biased.

I am most pleased that all involved agreed to supervised visits moving forward. I doubt that we have even begun to see the anger underlying all parties.
I'm sorry but what would you say??  Mother/Grandmother abusive??  They are asking questions to a 3 year old who is already telling them that she is being harmed!  What would you do?  Wait for her to volunteer the information?  Her child arrives upset and crying - what questions would you ask?

November 5, 2006, 3:50 am CST

this artical suprised me, i never dreamed this many people could possibly be abusing children, i see where your coming from dr phil.

NEWS RELEASE

Albert Hawkins
Executive Commissioner

Date: September 23, 2004

State Implements Stronger CPS Policies After Dallas Death

AUSTIN – The state has implemented a rapid response plan to immediately strengthen its Child Protective Services (CPS) program. The plan, which is supported by Gov. Rick Perry and state leaders, expedites the hiring of 123 new caseworkers, requires more stringent review of decisions to close cases involving younger children, adds incentives to keep experienced investigators in the field and directs staff to refer families unwilling to cooperate with efforts to protect their children to local prosecutors.

The actions came after the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) began reviewing the circumstances surrounding the Sunday death of a 2-year-old Dallas boy. A CPS caseworker had visited the child less than two weeks before his death, and a previous case involving the same boy had been closed when the mother failed to cooperate with CPS.

“I am deeply concerned about the adequacy of the steps taken to protect this child,” said Health and Human Services Executive Commissioner Albert Hawkins. “We have already taken immediate action to increase the protection of children in vulnerable situations. And we will do more. We are expediting our review of Child Protective Services, and we will implement other corrective actions as soon as possible.”

Actions taken in response to the Dallas case include:

• CPS will immediately begin hiring 123 new caseworkers. The agency received authorization for the 356 new positions during the last regular legislative session to be phased-in over the biennium.
  • Incentive payments will be used to retain experienced caseworkers in CPS investigation units. Tenured CPS workers who stay or move back into investigations will be eligible for $3,000 after 12 months of service with those units.
  • Caseworkers and management involved in the Dallas case have been reassigned while the review of the case continues.
  • A team of expert managers from across the state has been sent to Dallas to evaluate all high-risk cases. Team members have full authority to take action in any case and can reopen cases as necessary to ensure the safety of children.
  • CPS caseworkers have been directed to refer families unwilling to take the steps needed to protect their children to local prosecutors for appropriate legal action. Such legal actions could include obtaining a court order to require parents to participate in services or placing the child in foster care.
  • All CPS managers have been instructed that effective immediately an independent review will be required to close cases involving younger children, particularly those 3 and under, when abuse and neglect cannot be ruled out.

HHSC began a review of CPS in response to Gov. Rick Perry's July 2 executive order directing the agency to reform the program. The statewide review, being conducted by HHSC's Office of Inspector General, includes all aspects of CPS, including existing laws, policies and procedures; the intake and triage of reported complaints; CPS investigations; assessments and determinations for placement and resolution; and other services provided by the agency.

HHSC has established a hotline for the public to report complaints about CPS cases, policies and procedures. The number is 877-787-8999.

Currently, the state spends $324 million annually on CPS intake and investigations. Last year, CPS received 186,000 reports alleging abuse and neglect. The program completed more than 131,000 cases and confirmed that about 78,000 children had been subject to abuse or neglect in 2003.

###

November 5, 2006, 4:54 am CST

Quote From: pinkycar

I'm sorry but what would you say??  Mother/Grandmother abusive??  They are asking questions to a 3 year old who is already telling them that she is being harmed!  What would you do?  Wait for her to volunteer the information?  Her child arrives upset and crying - what questions would you ask?
 The mother and grandmother should question the child but without being suggestive to her and without  feeding into her responses. Their first words to her were "Did you miss me? Did he touch your pee pee again?" In addition, they said "I don't want her to go with him but you have to" is abusive. They should be calmly sitting her down and listening to her speak about her time with him without encouraging her to respond unfavorably. When they ask her "Did he touch your pee pee again?", it adds the dimension of their lack of credibility.Instead, how about, "Honey, what did you and Daddy do yesterday?" is more believable. We watched them coach her and then reward her responses by coddling her. They can love and coddle her and allow the information to come from her, first: it will help immeasurably in the investigatuon because it removes the element of their having a personal agenda that includes getting full custody of her. In divorce, the Courts have seen ever sort of venom played out between parties and, as such, must carefully insure that children are not being used as tools to harm the spouses.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last