Message Boards

Topic : 03/29 Cougars and Sugar Daddies

Number of Replies: 1371
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:01:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/08/06) When it comes to dating, they say age is just a number. But what happens when the man is more than two decades older than his girlfriend, or the woman is 15 years older than her young lover? Forty-year-old Sanjay is a wealthy cosmetic surgeon who met 18-year-old Jacqueline on the Web site SugarDaddie.com. They’ve only been together four months but are already talking marriage. Sanjay’s friend, Mike, is convinced that Jacqueline will put him right in the poorhouse! Is there a chance that Sanjay has found true love, or is Jacqueline just in it for the money? Then, 24-year-old Ryan is engaged to Angela, a woman 15 years his senior. Ryan’s friend, Donovan, fears that Angela is alienating Ryan from his buddies. Will Ryan have to choose between his college friends and his soon-to-be wife? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 22, 2007, 7:16 pm CDT

03/29 Cougars and Sugar Daddies

Quote From: bear_ta

There isn't much here to discuss. What we all think doesn't matter. It's none of our business.

Apparently it DOES matter what we think, and it became our business when Dr. Phil chose this to be subject matter for the show episode in question. If he hadn't, then, it would not be anyone's business. And since it is Dr. Phil's show, he can choose whatever topic per episode he wants, knowing full well that he also provides this site for his viewers to voice their opinions. If it doesn't matter what we think, then this board dealing with this particular episode would not exist. But, since it does exist, then what we think does matter.

May 1, 2007, 5:18 pm CDT

It can work

Quote From: b47402

My husband  and I are living proof. He is 44 and I am 59. We have been married for over 19 years now and he legally adopted my 3 sons from a previous relationship. The oldest is only 8 years younger than my husband but he WANTED to be adopted by him as did my other two sons. We did not have any of our own biological children. My husband and I started out as friends and gradually came to realize we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. We did not take this lightly primarily because of our age difference and spent about a year examining ourselves to be sure we were doing the right thing for everyone involved. We involved the children in some of these conversations as well. Mostly we prayed and looked for God's will in our lives as we both definitely wanted to be in His will. Two of my husband's friends married women nearer to their age around the same time we married and they have both divorced. One remarried a woman who is 10 years older than he is and they are doing well. We are very compatible and have a lot in common. We have had issues to deal with in our relationship but isn't that something that is common to ANY relationship? My husband is a very very compassionate and caring man and we are very very committed to each other. Neither of us regret the decision we made 19 years ago to spend the rest of our lives together. God has blessed us and I am glad we followed HIS plan for our lives instead of listening to what the world would have told us - including Dr. Phil. I generally agree wholeheartedly with his views but disagree on this one. A relationship like this does have additional issues to deal with but it is not a foregone conclusion that it cannot and will not be a successful and mature relationship. All of us - myself, my husband, and our children - are better people as a result of our marriage to each other. I have never been happier in my life and wouldn't trade what we have for anything on earth!
My husband and i met when he was 17 and I was 32, to make a long story short we married when he was 19 and I was 34, I had 2 children, he took full responsible for them and gave of alot to get them where they are today. I had my tubes tied after my second child and he knew  that we woild never have children and guess what April 21,2007 we celebrated 21 years of marriage. Before me he did not have really  have anyhing you would call a girlfriend nor had he had sex, We never  seeked out any  kind of help. Because of him my 24 year old daughter is a RN and has been for 2 years working with premature babies. We own him alot for all he has done for me and my 2 children.

May 3, 2007, 10:54 pm CDT

the problem was

the man's friend..

that was the issue.. phil gave him to much time.  he was talking abusive to the girl.

I think the girl is taking and with this guy for the money and playing a role.  But, this guy you can tell likes that role.  So, what can you do. nothing. 

shut up the friend... he is a horrible man

May 11, 2007, 11:14 pm CDT

PERSONAL CHOICE

Quote From: mimi1322

My comment is on Jaqueline, the CHILD that states she is grown up.  My biggest problem with the relationship is no one will know if she truly cares for her boyfriend due to the fact that she is to busy shopping to ask her.  But seriously I question the qualifications of that Dr. if he has no more morals than buying a girlfriend, does she not realize that her relationship is basically called prostitution.  She gets paid, very well I might add, for keeping time with him and whatever else they do.  My last concern is the fact that she almost had a fit during the show, a serious mature woman defending her relationship would hopefully be confident, she was crying and I was waiting for her to throw herself down on the floor and kick until everyone believed her. 

As far as ages, that is everyone's own personal choice, I would not comment on if it is right or wrong, but Jaqueline is truly a child and I had to stop watching until she was off.

Thanks ,  Mimi 

IT IS A PERSONAL CHOICE FOR BOTH OF THEM

A BETTER 'EDUCATED' ONE FOR HIM...AND NOT SO GOOD FOR HER.

I DO THINK SHE LOVES THE ATTENTION AND THE BABY TALK AND THE GIFTS. BUT HE DOES TOO OR HE WOULDN'T BE DOING IT..

LOOK WHERE THEY FOUND EACH OTHER!

AND IF THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM HAPPY. WELL   GOOD FOR THEM NOW IF IT WERE ME....

I WOULD HAVE AN ISSUE WITH IT IF I WERE CLOSER TO HIM

OR HER

I AGREE WITH HER DAD......HE WOULD BE IN A WORLD OF HURT....

AND I THINK THE MOM IS DOING WHAT SHE DOES BEST...LETTING HER CHILD GET AWAY WITH MURDER....THIS GIRLS IS IMMATURE. AND NOT REAL EXPERIENCED ( SEEING HER EMOTIONAL STATE)

AND HE IS IMMATURE BECAUSE HE WANTS A 'LITTLE GIRL' WHO CALLS HIM 'DADDY'

IF HE WANTS TO GIVE UP HALF OF HIS STUFF IN A FEW YEARS      THAT'S HIS DECISION.

HE MAY BE A 'SUCCESS'  BUT WHEN IT COMES TO RELATIONSHIPS....HE NEEDS A LITTLE MORE TIME TO FIND A DIFFERENT ONE...BUT UNTIL THEN....DADDY IT IS.

May 24, 2007, 7:21 pm CDT

I felt sick

I felt sick watching that 18 year old talking like a 5 year old showing off her girfts from her sugar daddy like she was showing off her barbies. 

"I'm not a gold digger", why did her profile say she wanted someone to "spoil" her?  "I've never slept with someone for money" It really is legalised prostitution if she is sleeping with him for a car.  She has prostituted herself for a car and clothes.  He syill loves his dead wife andcompares everyone to her" now he has found a willing piece of clay to mould into her.  This will end badly.

His friend is looking out for him and I would stick up for my friends just the same.

May 24, 2007, 7:22 pm CDT

Quote From: smoochy00

the man's friend..

that was the issue.. phil gave him to much time.  he was talking abusive to the girl.

I think the girl is taking and with this guy for the money and playing a role.  But, this guy you can tell likes that role.  So, what can you do. nothing. 

shut up the friend... he is a horrible man

Oh Puhlease he's a horrible man for telling the truth and making the little gold digger cry?  He was the only one up there talking the truth.

May 24, 2007, 8:42 pm CDT

Cougars and Sugar Daddies

I can understand that this guys friend is worried about is friends money, but he's not taking a second to think about how his friend is taking advantage of  thisgirl, and after all the human being is more imporant than the money right?

I think the older partner in BOTH situations on that show are the irresponsible ones. They are both being selfish and thinking about  themselves, they might not see it that way, but...if that guy at 40 years thought about how much he has learnt and how much he has changed between 18 years and 40, he would realise how much he is taking from that girl. She CANNOT understand that as she is still 18years old, she is not stupid she just hasn't lived the extra 22 years.

May 24, 2007, 8:49 pm CDT

Quote From: puggles

Oh Puhlease he's a horrible man for telling the truth and making the little gold digger cry?  He was the only one up there talking the truth.

Don't agree, his 'friend' was just another man worried about precious possessions and not worried about a girls emotional or psychological welfare which is currently in the hands of his materialistic, controlling, selfish and sick friend. The little 'gold digger' as you put it needs someone to love and guide her not use her!

May 24, 2007, 10:33 pm CDT

Sugar Daddies n Mummies

I believe that everyone has a different path of life. People have different belief systems. I agree that meeting on sugar daddie .com was a bit weird. If you are different ages and you know that loving feeling then I dont see a problem with it. Its just the money & the gifts - is that part of it. I dont agree with pre nups if your on the same level. Its a way of not showing trust. Although if someone has alot of investment & its theirs then they have every right to protect whats theirs why should someone else deserve it. Especially if you started off with nothing. If your happy then ur happy. If it doesnt work out then you know youv had it coming so its just another of life's lessons to learn & grow. Sometimes learning the hard way is the best method. You only learn if you go out and test the water.

May 24, 2007, 10:45 pm CDT

Suga

It is a shame that Sanjay lost out on a perfectly good relationship with that lady who wanted to be 50/50. It shows that not everyone is in it for the money. He would most likely enjoyed a challange of being looked after & looking after her. If that were me I would go crazy & get bored of getting spoilt all the time! I believe that working for something special means more. He is too soft Sanjay & needs to find a line of nice & too nice. If Jaqualine doesnt care about the money, he should try n minimise the gifts & spoil her with love & commitment. Not saying that hes not allowed spoil her but I think that if she appreciates it more then he will find more satisfaction out of it! Love, caring & fun times usually mean more in a loving relationship other than just material gifts.

First | Prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | Next | Last