Message Boards

Topic : 03/29 Cougars and Sugar Daddies

Number of Replies: 1371
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:01:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/08/06) When it comes to dating, they say age is just a number. But what happens when the man is more than two decades older than his girlfriend, or the woman is 15 years older than her young lover? Forty-year-old Sanjay is a wealthy cosmetic surgeon who met 18-year-old Jacqueline on the Web site SugarDaddie.com. They’ve only been together four months but are already talking marriage. Sanjay’s friend, Mike, is convinced that Jacqueline will put him right in the poorhouse! Is there a chance that Sanjay has found true love, or is Jacqueline just in it for the money? Then, 24-year-old Ryan is engaged to Angela, a woman 15 years his senior. Ryan’s friend, Donovan, fears that Angela is alienating Ryan from his buddies. Will Ryan have to choose between his college friends and his soon-to-be wife? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 7, 2006, 3:26 pm CST

11/08 Cougars and Sugar Daddies

well   its takes a long time to get to know about a person. when dateing.  a few months is too soon to talk about getting married!!    as for age,  it all depends.  age  don't really matter, but you can go too far with the age thing.  if they are old enough to be your dad,mom,grandma,grandpa. then thats way to old!  if they are young enough to be your kid.  then thats way too young.  

November 7, 2006, 3:58 pm CST

As a woman who is in a relationship currently with a man 14 years her senior I don't see why people have such a problem with this. I am 22 and he is 37. We have alot in common, we are happily in a relationship. We have only been together for 4 months and we are engaed to be married on Valentines day 2008. I am so sick of people thinking that these types of relationships can't work. I have known my finace for 3 years we had been good friends for 18 months before we got together. Good for Jaceline and sanjay for recognizing that they are happy. It isn't your place to judge her and it certainly is not their friends place to say what their relationship is like!

November 7, 2006, 4:11 pm CST

Quote From: jesusislord

well   its takes a long time to get to know about a person. when dateing.  a few months is too soon to talk about getting married!!    as for age,  it all depends.  age  don't really matter, but you can go too far with the age thing.  if they are old enough to be your dad,mom,grandma,grandpa. then thats way to old!  if they are young enough to be your kid.  then thats way too young.  
Why the hell is a few months too soon? Sometimes you just know!

November 7, 2006, 5:11 pm CST

well if sanjay ends up in the poor house it would serve him right lol

i mean what kind of a40 year old  man goes to a high school looking for a date, damn hes just one steap away from being a child molestor here isnt he? if you ask me hes a sick puppy to be involved with a child that young, and i would consider him a dirty old man,! after all the shoue seems to fit him very well, i wouldnt blame that 18 year old girl if she took his ass for every thing hes worth,

November 7, 2006, 5:38 pm CST

Quote From: afraid

i mean what kind of a40 year old  man goes to a high school looking for a date, damn hes just one steap away from being a child molestor here isnt he? if you ask me hes a sick puppy to be involved with a child that young, and i would consider him a dirty old man,! after all the shoue seems to fit him very well, i wouldnt blame that 18 year old girl if she took his ass for every thing hes worth,
Maybe they are really happy together.  Have you ever thought of that. Whatever their age difference is, is it a crime to be happy?. There relationship is totally legal and you are telling her to strip him of his money, good morals you have!!!!. Or are you single, broke and jealous?

November 7, 2006, 7:53 pm CST

age difference

The age difference between me and my now husband is 17 years.  We have been together for 14 years and married for almost 4 months,  I have a 16 year old son and he has a 34 year old son.  Together we have 7 grandchildren and would not trade anything in the world for family i have gotten.

November 7, 2006, 8:05 pm CST

wow you are so close lol

Quote From: truval

Maybe they are really happy together.  Have you ever thought of that. Whatever their age difference is, is it a crime to be happy?. There relationship is totally legal and you are telling her to strip him of his money, good morals you have!!!!. Or are you single, broke and jealous?
i mean hell if the guy has to pray on 18 year old girls well he cant have too much to offer a real woman,! maybe her parents just dont give a damn how old of a man she shacks up with, wow 18 just out of high school bareley, and just is leagal ,as for me i wouldnt never pray on a mans chilren my deer, i have morals, something you know nothing about, i also have honnor, another word you know nothing about, if you have children i feel sorry for them just by your words you dont seem to care about children, what the hell there bread for sexual pleasure any how arnt they?, i can see thers alot of relly sick people in this country, and im talking to one now,!!!

November 7, 2006, 9:46 pm CST

Is it me or did Dr Phil ask the wrong friends?

Where are these young peoples' friends and family that should be protecting their hearts and minds from crazy users like these 40 year old adults?  These 40 y/os have experience enough to know that they couldn't succeed in an equal relationship with their peers, so they have put themselves in a position to "teach" a younger partner how to please them.  And the younger ones are too inexperienced to understand that this situation has been manufactured because something is WRONG with the older adults!!!  They didn't happen to fall in love with children... they searched for children to fall in love with!  Could the older adults change?  Could it work out well?  Sure, but the chances are slim to none, not to mention the cost in sacrifices.

My honest opinion is that the older adults are users.  These young people are so sweet, so wanting to please... and so clueless!   NO 20 year old should have to deal with an ex that has passed or the emotional baggage (and loud-mouthed friends) that leaves behind!  No 24 y/o should be faced with raising teenagers!  They should be having fun and falling in love and settling down with someone similar to them.  Someone that appreciates and loves them for just who they are.... not for someone that can be taught and molded and instructed into the perfect mate!  They are being set up for failure and criticism, because they CAN'T offer anything much of value given those situations. 

Age isn't the issue here at all.  Differing experience, unrealistic expectations, parent/child relationships rather than an equal relationship,  control through money/life style....  and the list of problems continue.  Marriage is hard enough without all that right out of the gate.

November 8, 2006, 12:04 am CST

Age difference

Based on my experience, older men get married to a younger women when they struggle to find the perfect match that they are looking for.

Men think that a younger women is more flexible and she can adapt to change, especially when she doesn't have experience, based on this fact  she will be forced by her husband to listen and to accept his criticizim and verbal abuse.

November 8, 2006, 1:04 am CST

love,happiness,trust

Everyone, no matter the age should think with the head on there shoulders,There is users and takers of all ages,Finding that special one to share with,and have reliance on is priceless not ageless.

There is 34 years between me and my future husband. We have been dating for 5 years and a few months.I have never spent the night with him and he hasn't spent the night at my house.We are very close and respectful of each other.He and I also share a great deal of love for each other.Sometimes I just want to squeeze his jaws and kiss his lips off. (ha,ha,)  . Love is just knowing he loves me with out him saying it, I know by the way he is concerned about me and my sons.They know he loves them too. Life is to short to sweat the small stuff.NO MATTER THE AGE WE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT MOTIVE..Happiness to all.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last