Message Boards

Topic : 03/29 Cougars and Sugar Daddies

Number of Replies: 1371
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:01:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/08/06) When it comes to dating, they say age is just a number. But what happens when the man is more than two decades older than his girlfriend, or the woman is 15 years older than her young lover? Forty-year-old Sanjay is a wealthy cosmetic surgeon who met 18-year-old Jacqueline on the Web site SugarDaddie.com. They’ve only been together four months but are already talking marriage. Sanjay’s friend, Mike, is convinced that Jacqueline will put him right in the poorhouse! Is there a chance that Sanjay has found true love, or is Jacqueline just in it for the money? Then, 24-year-old Ryan is engaged to Angela, a woman 15 years his senior. Ryan’s friend, Donovan, fears that Angela is alienating Ryan from his buddies. Will Ryan have to choose between his college friends and his soon-to-be wife? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 8, 2006, 1:23 am CST

11/08 Cougars and Sugar Daddies

Good Morning everyone, If two people are in love and happy then age ( provided it's legal ) is something that shouldn't matter. When you think about how many lonely people there are and how they may pass by being in a loving relationship because they would be worried what people think, then maybe society should be less judgmental about age and relationships. I can see that there are issues, but couples who are around the same age have issues. Our divorce rate makes that obvious. Maybe if life makes it harder to be together, you will fight harder to stay together.

November 8, 2006, 1:33 am CST

What in the World?

First, I am older by 12 yrs than my DH....so I have no problems with the older female/younger man Relationship.  Nor do I have a problem with it being the other way around....BUT...

The first story...OMG!  The girl was so immature and I have one word for her and it starts with a 'w' or even 's'.....Doesn't the guy see that she is liking all the stuff he buys her?  Plus, it's something that she gets off on being able to say that her BF is a DOCTOR....

To be honest, the first story makes me so angry, I want to snatch the guy and shake him!

November 8, 2006, 4:10 am CST

Quote From: simpleguy

I'm one of "those guys" who often date women younger than myself.  Ages range between 10 to 20 years younger.  Too me, it's not age, but place in life.  I live the lifestlye that I do and I meet single (mostly) younger women doing what I do.

I Snow Ski, Scuba Dive and Bike ride.  Not that I'm a fitness nut ... but I enjoy most of my spare time outside.  Though any age can Ski ... and Scuba.  I find mostly younger outdoorsy, (fit) women on the trips and locations I go to.

Also, I've never been married, don't have children, would rather go hiking than to a Museum.  I'd rather go Bird watching, Whale watching or almost anything outdoor.  I do not enjoy "plays" or live Theater and for that matter I don't do "Sporting Events either" (Boring).  That's right, I don't watch the "game" on TV or atted sporting events. 

These things are just not for me.

Anyway ..Dating:  Yes ... I've dated a few women closer to my age, but we really don't have much in common other than a birth year.  Most have children (I don't) and or grandchildren or think about children etc.  (I don't date younger women with children either).  I general don't date women (no matter what age) that doesn't match up to the things I enjoy, and share my values.  I prefer to life an adventurous life, traveling, dreaming, chasing rainbows and butterflies.  Yes, I have a job, make great money (thank goodness) but do not want the white picket fence, two car garage or children to "pass things along to".  What I want is someone to enjoy the things I enjoy, to laugh out loud, to smile just because, to dance in the shopping mall while waiting in line, to be best friends with.  Sure, I maybe more Peter Pans than Dr Phil, but it's the life I want and love.  As I get older in years, I hope I will always be young at heart.  I look for a woman (of any age) who wants these things as well.  Not because I do it, but because she does it and enjoys it as well.   I'm not looking for "opposite attacks" or "Expanding my views".  I'm very happy and enjoy life.   If I was with someone who wanted to do something other than one of my favorite things ...sure, you bet'ya I'd do it.  But I'm not looking for someone with different interests and values.   I want to be with someone who shares what I enjoy.  Some may argue that ... but it's a good match for me.

Again, I have a responsible/high profile job, pays well.  I work hard and I play hard.  I'm fit and I enjoy doing things.  Though I know I'll catch a bunch "stuff" from women who disapprove.. I can only say to you.  You follow your heart and your dreams, and I'll follow mine.  Thanks

Nah, you sound like you've found out what really makes you happy in life, and want to be with someone whose happiness stems from similar interests and expectations. Good for you! Not many people have enough self-awareness and courage to know what they really want out of life and actually live it.

November 8, 2006, 4:38 am CST

Age absolutely does matter.

With life comes years. And in those years, barring extraordinary circumstances, come experiences. Experiences shape us & change us. The person one is at 18 is not the person they will be at 35, or so I would hope.

Sometimes, life happens in such a way that some people live more in a shorter time than others & that can make them more compatible with some of an older age. Sometimes, people of different ages but with similar experiences meet & form a successful relationship.

Age matters but sometimes life makes it matter less... and that's okay.

November 8, 2006, 4:59 am CST

maybe the sugar daddy and the sugar mama will meet each other

and hit it off lol all tho at least the sugar mama isnt a cradle robber as the sugar daddy seems to be, this show  will show a very good example of what happens when you have people with more money than scense, dr phil i hope you get down on that cradle robbing sugar daddy, give him a verbal ass woopin,god he gives a bad name to real dirty old men  lol

November 8, 2006, 5:21 am CST

I think there's an obvious barter here and not one of the parties is getting the short end of the stick.  I can think of many ther ways to be destructive in this world and dating someone out of your age range is not one of them. for negativity to take affect there has to be other circumstances like a criminal history, drug abuse, two kids from another marriage an everyone living in a trailor. age difference no big deal. I am 15 yrs younger than my boyfriend whch i not much but if he were twenty years older and the same person it wouldn't matter. a gem is a gem and who's fun, is fun

November 8, 2006, 6:11 am CST

i see a girl with a sugar daddy as a modern day hooker.

at the age of 18 all a girl has to offer a man is sex, wow and she seems to be getting paid for it very well to i may add,

November 8, 2006, 6:37 am CST

dr phil you did it again lol

you have found mrs and mr robenson  lol

November 8, 2006, 6:39 am CST

hes getting off too tho lol in more ways than 1 lol

Quote From: ladyraven

First, I am older by 12 yrs than my DH....so I have no problems with the older female/younger man Relationship.  Nor do I have a problem with it being the other way around....BUT...

The first story...OMG!  The girl was so immature and I have one word for her and it starts with a 'w' or even 's'.....Doesn't the guy see that she is liking all the stuff he buys her?  Plus, it's something that she gets off on being able to say that her BF is a DOCTOR....

To be honest, the first story makes me so angry, I want to snatch the guy and shake him!

November 8, 2006, 6:39 am CST

Poor "girl"

It took 33 minutes for Dr.Phil to tell that man to be quiet. So what, how young she is. If the Man is so smart an educated then let him decide for himself. Maybe he likes to take care of her like he does. It is his money. If it is a mistake then he will learn on his own. What really pisses me off is that as that "Friend" bashed her in front of everyone he just sat there and laughed on stage. Not one remark. She finally told him to "Shut up". Let him spend all the money he want on her. I think his friend is just jealous.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last