Message Boards

Topic : 06/13 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 1

Number of Replies: 196
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:02:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/9/06) You hear about scams all the time -- e-mails and voicemail messages claiming you’ve won valuable prizes. But Dr. Phil is outraged by what some con artists are doing to him, his family and his viewers. A group of scammers has been baiting unsuspecting viewers with a phony 800-number, then taking their money in exchange for phone therapy sessions with Dr. Phil and Robin. These bogus Dr. Phil staffers were asking for anywhere from $375 to $1,000 for a consultation. One viewer, Renee, fell prey to their tricks. She wrote to Dr. Phil for advice to save her marriage, but ended up in the middle of a major con job. Then, Robin makes a call to the scammers. It’s a conversation you don’t want to miss! Plus, find out what happens when Dr. Phil sends private investigator Harold Copus to set up a sting to ask some tough questions! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 9, 2006, 8:35 am CST

Sorry but it's true

Quote From: gdebbie3

Yes, Dr. Phil is a very busy man but calling people stupid, come on. I'm very embarassed for YOU !!!
People need to be more wise.  I'm not that old and I know better than to send money over the phone to a stranger.  It is stupid! People should know better.

November 9, 2006, 8:52 am CST

love2help, How are you?

Quote From: love2help

I'm quite amazed at how gullible people can be.  Why would you send money over the phone to someone you do not know?  And do you really think Dr. Phil has time to answer everyone's call? Come on people! Don't be so stupid.
I also hope these scammers are found and arrested.

I agree with you.  It's crazy that people would send money to someone they don't even know.  I don't care how desperate you are, if it sounds to good to be true, it is!!!!  You have to be even more careful about these kinds of things when it involves a famous person.  They really don't have time to talk to people on the phone.

People need to grow up and take responsibility for their poor judgment.

I think these people need to be caught and brought to justice but people need to be more careful about falling for this kind of stuff.

Hope all is going well for you.

Barb

November 9, 2006, 9:07 am CST

Barb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote From: nightlady

I agree with you.  It's crazy that people would send money to someone they don't even know.  I don't care how desperate you are, if it sounds to good to be true, it is!!!!  You have to be even more careful about these kinds of things when it involves a famous person.  They really don't have time to talk to people on the phone.

I think these people need to be caught and brought to justice but people need to be more careful about falling for this kind of stuff.

Barb

I've missed you! 
I've been so so.  Do you still have my email addy?

I don't mean to be so mean on here, just can't understand why people would send money over the phone.  People do need to grow up and be more responsible.  But O' well. Live and learn right?

Ok email me sometime.  I haven't heard from Basketcase in a long time.  Wonder what she is up to.

xoxo
Michele

November 9, 2006, 9:11 am CST

SCAM

People do watch Dr.Phil, wouldn't they be able to recognize his voice or Robins voice??????? I watch Dr. phil every single day and i think i would be able to recognize his voice over the phone, even the way he talks. Also who would pay that kind of money over the phone, that is nuts!!!!

November 9, 2006, 9:14 am CST

SEEMS THESE POOR PEOPLE WERNT PAYING MUCH ATTENTION TO DR PHIL

he never charges any one he helps, its a shame these poor victims fell pray to a scam such as this, but i know dr phil will bring them to justice.

November 9, 2006, 9:16 am CST

So good to hear from you again.

I've missed you! 
I've been so so.  Do you still have my email addy?

I don't mean to be so mean on here, just can't understand why people would send money over the phone.  People do need to grow up and be more responsible.  But O' well. Live and learn right?

Ok email me sometime.  I haven't heard from Basketcase in a long time.  Wonder what she is up to.

xoxo
Michele

I've lost your e-mail address.  I had trouble with my e-mail and lost most of my e-mail addresses. 

November 9, 2006, 9:25 am CST

11/09 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 1

People need to be more wise.  I'm not that old and I know better than to send money over the phone to a stranger.  It is stupid! People should know better.
I think you are being harsh.

Scam artists take advantage of people who are desperate and who are needy and hurting. They are like vultures.

Many people come to these boards and contact Dr Phil in desperation. Desperation is just that. You are looking for that last thread of hope. Dr Phil offers that to many, but not to all and these vultures look for the left overs.

You should have compassion for those who are taken advantage of in their weakest moments.

November 9, 2006, 9:30 am CST

i know every one gets winning notices from the uk lottery

i got so tired of marking those notices as spam i started replying to them, not in the way they thought tho  lol, my replys read, hey man where my money? i want my money now.! send me my money now or ill come and buss up your ass.! }  hehehe dr philo it seems to work too if i may add they seem to be removing my email address from ther  servers, any one getting this type of spam try my method not word for word just insist on your money now, but in no way give any info about you what so ever, after all they seem to have everything they need they found your email address,

November 9, 2006, 9:36 am CST

What an actress!!

I do have to say this though....Robin was awesome as a viewer.  I really think she should have been nominated for that performance.  She is so convincing...lol!! That was hilarious.  I think Robin should definatly be looking into some acting.  Love you guys!!!!

November 9, 2006, 9:55 am CST

11/09 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 1

Quote From: nightlady

Barb

I don't think you actually understand extreme desperation if you say "I don't care how desperate you are..."

People need to grow up and take responsibility? If someone is hurting very badly it can impair judgment and can cause you to look for any avenue of help. People don't know how the Dr Phil show works. And not everyone is as SOPHISTICATED as you.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last