Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:03:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/10/06) The drama continues as Dr. Phil goes on the hunt for con artists who cheat viewers out of thousands of dollars by posing as him and Robin. Along with private investigator Harold Copus, Dr. Phil sets up a sting in Houston, Texas. Don’t miss the confrontation when the unsuspecting scammers arrive at what they believe is a bachelorette party. Then, Renee, who was allegedly cheated out of thousands by the con artists, finally gets to sit down with the real Dr. Phil. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2006, 8:03 am CST

11/10 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

Quote From: ramair

And, when would two such busy people have time to spend hours on the phone, "counselling" people? Not only do they spend a lot of time preparing for, and taping, his show, they're also in demand on the speaking circuit. Especially since Robin's book has been released. 
Exactly! I know there are ways to get to anyone, but desperate or not people need to get smart and realize that they have no time for over the phone counseling. No sympathy here either for these people of the Dr. Phil scam.

November 10, 2006, 9:12 am CST

dr phil not only did you bust them from scaming

you also busted them as far as there ability to tell your feture by reading your palm  lol that was another scam they were running on people, and i was glad to see you address this problem with all the scams out there on the net as well, your team did one hell of a job i applaud all of you for having the corrage to carry out your task.

November 10, 2006, 9:21 am CST

Ahh C'mon

Quote From: dbldzz

I always thought that I was the most gullable person I've ever known, but come on people, when would Dr. Phil or Robin request money for their services?  Unless I was invited to have a personal one on one with him or Robin for counselling I would think twice before ever sending money!  Sorry no sympathy here.

No need to be THAT hard on yourself, I think all of us ( yes even those who call others stupid and losers ) have had moments of gullibility in their lives, it happens, but I do agree, people have to STOP and THINK, especially when the request exceeds or is equal to their monthly income. Unfortunatly, desparate people do desparate things, and the overly kind hearted prone to the sob stories of others, well they can't see through their tears, like I pointed out before, these con-artists are GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO!  How else would they be able to convince a person to empty their savings .

My own story, and I didn't get bilked out of much, a woman and child on a street corner beside their car, that looked as though it contained all their worldly belongings, begging, well I gave her ten dollars and walked away feeling pretty good about that ( I fall under the kind hearted category ), Anyway, imagine my surprise when on the next block I saw the same woman in the liquor store purchasing a bottle of booze, the child strapped into the car, from then on I gave directly to the charities that HELP people in need, not to them, am I bitter, not really, but wiser and ten bucks poorer.

November 10, 2006, 10:33 am CST

I don't understand

How could anyone send that much money to some people before they ever do any research on the subject. First of all the lady on the phone said her name was  Cher and she was the director of the show, 2nd she said the show was taped in texas. It isn't that hard to go online and find out that both of these are not the case. I just don't understand how anyone could be that gullable.

November 10, 2006, 10:57 am CST

Poor lady

I just hope the poor bedridden lady gets some help.

November 10, 2006, 11:00 am CST

scam

Quote From: aunt2ten

I cant understand how these woman really thought they would be talking to Dr Phil and Robin. Once they were asked for money, the big red flag should have gone up..

Anyway, I am finding this kind of comical... When Robin was setting herself up to talk to herself, and the woman didnt even recognize Robins voice, was totally funny to me.  Cant wait to see their faces when they first SEE Dr Phil. HAHA.. SHould be good!

I do feel bad for the women who thought they were getting help, and I feel bad that Dr Phil and Robin are being used for some peoples greed. At least they found out about it , and are doing somthing about it!

Go Dr Phil and Robin!!

i agree with you all it takes is the mention of money

November 10, 2006, 11:19 am CST

THE SOCIOPATH NEXT DOOR - RECOGNIZING THE REMORSELESS

How do we recognize the remorseless? One of their chief characteristics is a kind of glow or charisma that makes sociopaths more charming or interesting than the other people around them.  They’re more spontaneous, more intense, more complex or even sexier than everyone else, making them tricky to identify and leaving us easily seduced.

Fundamentally, sociopaths are different because they cannot love. Sociopaths learn early on to show sham emotion, but underneath they are indifferent to others’ suffering. Some of favorite reads on the subject: 

The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout OR Without Conscience:  The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Amoung Us by Robert Hare

Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward  

Why is it Always About You?:  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss

They live to dominate and thrive for the thrill to win.  We all almost certainly know at least one or more sociopaths already.

Hope it helps! 

November 10, 2006, 11:20 am CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Part Phil Scam Sting The Two. Are you kidding me? What are you talking about? Doctor- Phil let Houston Police handel that not you. I know that you donot scams at all neither do I. See

you today and next week. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------

November 10, 2006, 12:27 pm CST

Commercial Breaks

Is it just me or is there a TON of commercial breaks on the Doctor Phil Show?    Today, so far, they have had commercials 5 mins in, then 6mins in, then 8 mins in...I just wonder how many commercials there should be and how long between breaks.  Each break was 4 mins.

I was wondering what the rest of you thought.  I am going to time Oprah next to see if it is the same.

November 10, 2006, 12:49 pm CST

I can't wait to see what happens!!

OMG!!  I am so excited to see what is going to happen!  I watched what happened yesterday and I live here in Houston and I am just so excited to see what is going to happen to them!!!!  HAHAHA!!  Hopefully they get exactly what they deserve!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last