Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:03:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/10/06) The drama continues as Dr. Phil goes on the hunt for con artists who cheat viewers out of thousands of dollars by posing as him and Robin. Along with private investigator Harold Copus, Dr. Phil sets up a sting in Houston, Texas. Don’t miss the confrontation when the unsuspecting scammers arrive at what they believe is a bachelorette party. Then, Renee, who was allegedly cheated out of thousands by the con artists, finally gets to sit down with the real Dr. Phil. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2006, 3:08 pm CST

Part Deux (Duh)~disappointing~*

Quote From: queenkinley

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in the conclusion of this 2 part show. Yesterday's show got me all riled up & ready for today, I have been looking forward to it all day!! And then I was disapointed in the outcome. I want an update of what happened to these criminals & a feeling of closure. I am so glad that Dr.Phil went after people like this I'd just like to see some sort of  resolution.

Hi.

I was hoping for a little more action and some closure as well.

On the lighter side,  I was also hoping for some gorgeous male dancers at that barchelorette party... maybe Robin should have been one of the guests at this swaré.  Ah well, next time.

Peace,

A~*

November 10, 2006, 3:20 pm CST

The Scammers

I was disappointed in the outcome of today's show. I would have liked to have known what happened to these criminals, and if the people who lost all their money were ever able to get it back.

I for one would never have sent money to speak to you or Robin as I know that is not how you operate. But its people like this who prey on the ones who would have sent the money in and did. I feel sorry for them.

November 10, 2006, 3:21 pm CST

Gypsys

These women should have been arrested.  They will be long gone from Houston.

Nothing will come of this!

Gypsys will just disappear.  That is what they do.  They hit and then disappear.

They should have been arrested at the Hotel

Now they are free to move on to their next scam.

November 10, 2006, 3:27 pm CST

scamming

Good evening Mr.and Mrs. Robin DR.Phil

I feel so bad for those people that got rippped off. But i only pray that god will begin to heal them physically and mentally and their finances. I enjoyed the show so much that when Dr. Phil and robin show come on i can't move all i can say to Robin and her husband is a way to go go go go!!!!!!!!! you guy's got them busters and that's just what they need for what go around comes around and it was they turn.  And i agree with what  Dr. Phil said they were palm readers then they should have seen it coming . i love that Dr. Phil you go booooooooy. I used to watch ellen a lot that my girl but i love Dr. Phil he puts it on the line. Dr. Phil and robin both of you are to extraordinary people and it's a blessing to have such a grounded marriage . Reason being i have never seen the love of two people holding it down like you guys on a t.v. show . I just love the way you two guys hold hands and walk off the show that right their is so exhilarating to me i love you guys oh!!!!!! i can go on and on but i won't. With all of god blessing i wish you guys all of the love that god and the world have to offer. Love sharon

November 10, 2006, 3:40 pm CST

Western Union

Why  aren't there more laws governing Western Union?

Why can't these transactions be traced and documented? They are just as guilty
as the people they service.  For everything else - especially since 9/11 - you have to
have tons of ID for everything. Yet we allow illegal aliens and western union make a
fool of us? Amazing.

I was also very disappointed that there was nothing more done to on the show
about these people. The sadder part is that there are more gullible people out
there. Anyone watching the show should know better.

November 10, 2006, 3:47 pm CST

Man camp?

What is this man camp she was talking about?

November 10, 2006, 4:35 pm CST

omg wow!!

wow that is amazing, i mean amazingly stupid!! Why on earth would you want to pose as someone else?? What people will do for money surprises me, and on top of everything the women spoke to Robin and was setting up an appointment for Robin to speak with herself, I am so glad they were busted on national tv just so everyone could see how stupid those ladies really were.

November 10, 2006, 4:53 pm CST

I Applaud Dr. Phil

I applaud Dr.Phil on this. People who take advantage of others are the lowest form of life there is. I think Dr. Phil screwed up when he confronted them though. He doesn't have the legal authority to do it. He should have never asked those women or his staff to wear wires and

cameras too. The authorities would have never allowed it because of the risk involved.

I'm glad he caught the low lifes though.

November 10, 2006, 4:59 pm CST

At the end of the show....

...was Dr. Phil advertising the Tues show (lie detector part 2) for next Monday?

November 10, 2006, 5:34 pm CST

you can't understand??

Quote From: mamawolf

i agree with you all it takes is the mention of money
Before you go judging these women, remember, these are people that are desperate for Dr Phil's help and a desperate person isn't always thinking the most rationally.  By the way....I can't believe that you registered on this website...you gave your name and all sorts of personal information that can be used to scam you....did a red flag go up...after all this may just LOOK like Dr Phil's site.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last