Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:03:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/10/06) The drama continues as Dr. Phil goes on the hunt for con artists who cheat viewers out of thousands of dollars by posing as him and Robin. Along with private investigator Harold Copus, Dr. Phil sets up a sting in Houston, Texas. Don’t miss the confrontation when the unsuspecting scammers arrive at what they believe is a bachelorette party. Then, Renee, who was allegedly cheated out of thousands by the con artists, finally gets to sit down with the real Dr. Phil. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2006, 5:36 pm CST

BUSTED

DR. PHIL GOT EM. I knew he would get EM. It was good to see the scam artist fall right into Dr. Phil's trap.Dr. Phil said in his closing remarks that he would press charges. I surely hope he does that ,and these people get jailed. They'll get just what they got coming to them.

I feel bad for all those people that fell for the scam, and they lost so much money. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. These scams are all new to me. I have never seen any  of them where I live.

November 10, 2006, 5:42 pm CST

My twin

When I saw Renee and her husband Patrick sitting up there on stage and telling their story, I like it could have been me and my husband up there too.  We're going thru the same thing. The show itself was interesting (the scam), but I was actually disappointed because I wanted Dr. Phil to spend more time talking with Renee and her husband.  I wanted to hear more and know what his solution was.  My husband and I plan to take the 14 day plan which he laid out, so I hope it goes well. 

Renee, I feel for you and Patrick.  I, too, feel like my husband & I are like two ships passing.  I feel like we no longer mean anything to each other.  I could just go on forever with my (our) issues, but won't bore you.

I hope u can work things out.  You both look like nice people and I wish the best for you.  I hope Dr. Phil follows with you so we can know how it went.

Good Luck!!

November 10, 2006, 5:50 pm CST

What is your point????

Quote From: mydrdee

I didnt see any Nigerian lady amongst those scam artistes. They are all Americans!!!  Wouldnt  it be very wrong to assume every American is a fraud?
The scam industry is a universal thing lately, how wrong will we be to ascribe all the blames to Nigeria, Nigerians or Africans as a whole. Many of these scams are going on in the American society and Americans are loosing Millions to fellow Americans.

Ok so none of the women were Nigerian, so what?  I know that not all Nigerians are scam artists, but when I get about 3 emails every day from Nigeria saying that I have a long lost reletive that has died (once they told me my husband was dead) I assume the people sending me these emails are scam artists.  I would form this opinion on whoever sent me these type of scam emails.

November 10, 2006, 6:13 pm CST

Where are the Houston Police? The FBI?

I don't understand.  These slime are caught red-handed and just as one is expecting to see them taken away in handcuffs and booked, Dr. Phil says something about prosecuting them in the future and goes on to talk to the couple who were scammed.  Why weren't these perpetrators  arrested  on camera right then and there?

November 10, 2006, 6:25 pm CST

ha ha ha

Quote From: afraid

you also busted them as far as there ability to tell your feture by reading your palm  lol that was another scam they were running on people, and i was glad to see you address this problem with all the scams out there on the net as well, your team did one hell of a job i applaud all of you for having the corrage to carry out your task.

Well said :-)

I wonder if these thieves can read their own future :-)

November 10, 2006, 6:28 pm CST

Definitely!

Quote From: maggie_bags

I just hope the poor bedridden lady gets some help.

I was expecting this lady to be on the show!!

I hope Dr. Phil will bring her in the near future.

November 10, 2006, 6:40 pm CST

tellamarketing scams

Quote From: shetypes

Umm well you can critique the people with problems reaching

out from home but even Dr. Phil and Robin state how shocked

they was?  The scam is happening all over, whereever the lazy

low lifes can find a place or people to scam!

It was enevitable it happen to yes, even Dr. Phil.

Please before you get on a critique wagon, remember

that it is vulnerable people with older people the biggest numbers

who don't use internet and other means on communication that is

easiest to scam.

Also it is trusting people!  Trust aint gullable, its what should be

a given just so happens it aint.

There are people that call from other countrys that claim you won money and can't send it until you pay them $295 western union and then you will have the check delivered to you by that day.

Also a scam of a lady calling from Canada saying she is from the postal service has a check for you but was stopped at the dead end mail office because no insurance was on it.

The was someone calling to tell you you bank account has been accessed by a company that has been faulding people and that I'm on the list. But can't tell me what bank and the call is from out of the country and they wanted $395 to stop these people from accessing my account..

I also got a mail fauld that had a real looking check saying I won 250,000 dollars and that they are giving me a check for 3,895 dollars to cash and I am to pay them 2,895 to pay for taxes western union. The check was drawn on Wells Fargo Bank, I called and found out they have had 12 checks come in that week and it was a fauld.

November 10, 2006, 6:41 pm CST

I feel like such an idiot! I would have called the number, if I had thought of it!

If I had, in my wildest dreams, thought I could have paid Dr. Phil and Robin to talk to me about my problems, I would have.  I guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was.  This is awful admitting this to anyone, but I WOULD have paid to talk to them.....LG

November 10, 2006, 7:04 pm CST

11/10 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

Quote From: bobolin

I was expecting this lady to be on the show!!

I hope Dr. Phil will bring her in the near future.

I'm not really sure I understand what she was wanting. Dr. Phil is not a physical doctor; all she mentioned is that she's desperate because she's in a lot of physical pain. I don't really know what she wants Dr. Phil to do.

November 10, 2006, 7:15 pm CST

I really dislike scammer!!

Dr Phil,  I'm so glad you did what you did.  I really dislike them.  I have went round and round with scammers who were scamming my grandfather.  I think in 2005 he sent this guy in  Canada over 6,000 dollars.  I found out who his cell phone carrier was via the internet.  And wrote them a letter and reported him.  He never called again.  But Grandpa kept calling him. lol  One day I got on the phone and told him, I don't think so.  He told grandpa not to tell anyone he had won the sweepstakes.  I said, if I won the sweepstakes I would want everyone to know.   I said you are a fraud and you don't need to call here again.  My grandfather didn't know I could be so firm with people, because normally I am very laid back and easy going.  But that man got on my last nerve.  And ruffled the wrong feather, because he was messin' with my family.  So HATS OFF to ya Dr. Phil. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last