Message Boards

Topic : 06/14 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

Number of Replies: 132
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 03, 2006, 01:03:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/10/06) The drama continues as Dr. Phil goes on the hunt for con artists who cheat viewers out of thousands of dollars by posing as him and Robin. Along with private investigator Harold Copus, Dr. Phil sets up a sting in Houston, Texas. Don’t miss the confrontation when the unsuspecting scammers arrive at what they believe is a bachelorette party. Then, Renee, who was allegedly cheated out of thousands by the con artists, finally gets to sit down with the real Dr. Phil. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 6, 2006, 8:11 am CST

Gullable

I always thought that I was the most gullable person I've ever known, but come on people, when would Dr. Phil or Robin request money for their services?  Unless I was invited to have a personal one on one with him or Robin for counselling I would think twice before ever sending money!  Sorry no sympathy here.

November 6, 2006, 9:33 am CST

We all fall down

Quote From: dbldzz

I always thought that I was the most gullable person I've ever known, but come on people, when would Dr. Phil or Robin request money for their services?  Unless I was invited to have a personal one on one with him or Robin for counselling I would think twice before ever sending money!  Sorry no sympathy here.
Just because you were miss lead does not make you the most gullable person in the world and con artist are good at what they do and seem so real just be more careful next time

November 7, 2006, 1:03 pm CST

Should inform many

No matter how savvy you are, there's always a new method to catch you off guard. Whether it's a phone call, phishing email, or a letter, this should help people to think about whether or not they should check something a little closer before handing out personal info.

And it should help interested parties know what services Dr. Phil and Robin do and do not offer at this time! :-)

November 9, 2006, 4:16 pm CST

11/10 Dr. Phil Scam, Part 2: The Sting

And, when would two such busy people have time to spend hours on the phone, "counselling" people? Not only do they spend a lot of time preparing for, and taping, his show, they're also in demand on the speaking circuit. Especially since Robin's book has been released. 

November 10, 2006, 4:43 am CST

!

Umm well you can critique the people with problems reaching

out from home but even Dr. Phil and Robin state how shocked

they was?  The scam is happening all over, whereever the lazy

low lifes can find a place or people to scam!

It was enevitable it happen to yes, even Dr. Phil.

Please before you get on a critique wagon, remember

that it is vulnerable people with older people the biggest numbers

who don't use internet and other means on communication that is

easiest to scam.

Also it is trusting people!  Trust aint gullable, its what should be

a given just so happens it aint.

November 10, 2006, 4:45 am CST

Quote From: pinklphant

No matter how savvy you are, there's always a new method to catch you off guard. Whether it's a phone call, phishing email, or a letter, this should help people to think about whether or not they should check something a little closer before handing out personal info.

And it should help interested parties know what services Dr. Phil and Robin do and do not offer at this time! :-)

It is gonna be most needed it is said on the show, many do not use

the internet, people in trouble or not, they don't know unless

they see it on TV usually.

November 10, 2006, 5:48 am CST

Scam

I cant understand how these woman really thought they would be talking to Dr Phil and Robin. Once they were asked for money, the big red flag should have gone up..

Anyway, I am finding this kind of comical... When Robin was setting herself up to talk to herself, and the woman didnt even recognize Robins voice, was totally funny to me.  Cant wait to see their faces when they first SEE Dr Phil. HAHA.. SHould be good!

I do feel bad for the women who thought they were getting help, and I feel bad that Dr Phil and Robin are being used for some peoples greed. At least they found out about it , and are doing somthing about it!

Go Dr Phil and Robin!!

November 10, 2006, 6:22 am CST

what a shame..

It sure seems very sad  That This world has come to People Just doing what ever and Taking what Ever In Life They Choose...

The Bible sure has alot To say about what will Happen to Theifs and Liers..Dr.Phil and Robin,I Hope you get To The Bottom of This and Fast and Bring Them To Justice...and then Sit Back and Remember What will happend To Them when God Gets a Hold of Them!!He is The Big Judge..

I Think The World of You and Robin and Hate this For all Of Your Family...My Prayers are with You!!

TudderBug

November 10, 2006, 7:03 am CST

I cant believe it

Oh my goodness I cant believe anyone would accually say that they are Dr Phil or Robin. Plus everyone nos that Dr Phil dosent take money from anyone. I hope these four women are proscuted and spend some time in Jail. It is awful that people cannot trust each other now days...

November 10, 2006, 7:15 am CST

Those scammers werent Nigerians

I didnt see any Nigerian lady amongst those scam artistes. They are all Americans!!!  Wouldnt  it be very wrong to assume every American is a fraud?
The scam industry is a universal thing lately, how wrong will we be to ascribe all the blames to Nigeria, Nigerians or Africans as a whole. Many of these scams are going on in the American society and Americans are loosing Millions to fellow Americans.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last