Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Number of Replies: 197
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:17:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/13/06) After nine days in The Dr. Phil House, have these guests let go of their prejudices, or are they still living with hate? Dr. Phil assigns more tasks that force the group to work together and learn even more about each other. White supremacist Gary has to cook dinner for B. and her African-American friends who come to visit. Initially angry, Gary has an enlightening conversation at the dinner table. Then, Dr. Phil sends John and Staci out on assignments together. First, to the gym for a workout, and then, after Staci gets a 300-pound makeover, the two head out in public, so she can see what it’s like to walk in John’s shoes. Next, with the help of a Hollywood makeup artist, Gary is transformed into a black man, and after some cultural coaching from B., heads to two different neighborhoods as an African-American male. With intense one-on-one time with Dr. Phil and some surprise family visits, these houseguests leave with different perspectives, better attitudes and plans for a peaceful future. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 12, 2006, 4:17 pm CST

11/13 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Quote From: trouble

What is wrong with some of these people!!! I mean what kind of home life did they have?!! The white guy that don't like blacks he needs to get a life!!! We are all equal,at least i thought we were!! The skinny girl....well if you ask me i wouldn't want to be a bone...nor would i want to be way over weight...i agree that i think that the big guy is on a feel sorry for my butt kick well i have news for these last 2 you have to help yourselves before anyone can help you...they all need to stop being snobs and wake up and smell the roses coffee whatever....life is too short to be cutting someone down...sure glad i'm not on that show in the house with them!!!!  As far for the gay person to each their own...just don't push it on me...i am woman hear me roar!!!! I LOVE my MAN!! Where do some of these people come from?? A rock or a tree????!!! perhaps another planet!!! like planet hate!! Good luck to all of you!!
What is your definition of "pushing" homosexuality on you?

November 12, 2006, 5:55 pm CST

soo with all that what was your point?

Quote From: rjputnam

Dr. Phil dose not need help someone who is gay.  They have a right to love who ever they would like. I'm church going person too and belive in god but I also believe that we have no right tell people they have to believe as we do in this world. God will judge in the end and say what will happen when we all die and go to hevean or hell.
i think i must have missed something there. enlighten me please.>

November 12, 2006, 6:05 pm CST

Hate is stupid

To hate is to be ignorant. How can anyone claim to hate someone because they are different from themselves. Viva the difference how boring it would be if we were all the same. However we are the same inside. We hurt, laugh, cry, feel and fear. If we find ourselves afraid of something we don't understand, the easiest way not to be afraid is to find out about it. Once we understand, we are no longer afraid and we no longer hate. If you want to dislike a person because their personality clashes with yours, thats fine, but to hate them just because their skin color is different or because they are over weight or skinny, or because their sexual orientation is different then yours is just plain stupid.

November 12, 2006, 9:23 pm CST

Obesity

Quote From: sandra41

i agree with u 100% they all need to change their ways and improve on there attitude
I disagree with you somewhat. My sister has struggled with a weight problem her entire life but has one of the BEST attitudes towards life in any person I know. She is a very positive, happy, open and caring person. It is alot easier said then done to just snap your fingers and change your ways. I do agree however, that John is a very immature person and seems to be playing it up for the cameras. I just don't agree that it has anything to do with his weight. He flip flops on his views entirely too much. It is kinda' sad to watch him though, because he looks like he is trying so hard to relate to someone, anyone and is just choosing extremist attitudes because it easier for him and in that way he has someone in his corner. In this instance another male.

November 13, 2006, 6:12 am CST

I can't wait for today's show

Wow!  Today's finale ought to be really interesting.

I have friends who are lesbian that are really cool people.  I'm not interested in women & I get ALL THE GUYS ATTENTION when were hanging out.  I LOVE IT!  If I'm out with my straight friends, well we divvy up the men's attention & I'm not as pleased about that.  Many of the sisters I know go to church way more than I do, but I don't see people preaching to people that smoke cigarettes, curse, blaspheme, etc.  Too many of the saved people are ready to judge and you're not God. How could you forget, "Judge not least ye be judged"?  btw... I'm no atheist either. 

Next, I think that many people that hate other races are due to lack of interaction and upbringing.  I think that a person who has been 'classified' as a lesser race has a tendency to be hypersensitive to the atmospheric conditions & words of others.  Not saying they are incorrect.  It's sort of like John being hypersensitive to thin people looking at him because he's overweight.  I see even the most gorgeous women & men that have issues about their looks.  So people need to interact and have more respect for that which they do not understand.  I think that if the racist guy were to meet up with Sanaa Lathan, all that racism would go out the window because he may be attracted to Black women, but has been raised to hate Black people.  That is the conflict.  I know White people raised to hate Blacks, but have been living in an African American neighborhood all their lives.  Of course, they started dating, marrying & having children with African Americans and the (former) racist father had to change his views in order to see his brown grandchildren or the parents were going to extract them from his life. 

As for John not showering for days.  That was triflin'.  No one wants any man or woman to not bathe for days.  He seems as if he does things for negative attention.  I don't know if that is part of his defense mechanism though; do something to get others to say negative things about you so they are considered to be attacking you.  Hmmmm.  Interesting

Dr. Phil, I believe this is one of your greatest social experiments.  Keep up the good work.

November 13, 2006, 7:04 am CST

Respect Life

I think that Dr. Phil should have had the people in the Dr. Phil house go in there blind folded.  So people could not judge people by what is on the outside.  My favorite quote - Children are born color blind, loving all people.  It's really sad. people start off as innocent, no judgemental babies who smile at anyone, white, black, pink, purple, gay non gay, what happens from there.  We are all human beings, we mostly all want the same things, to be loved, to be repected and accepted for who we are.

November 13, 2006, 7:26 am CST

House of Hatred Series

I hope Dr. Phil re-edits this series, perhaps even with additional footage, to release it as a DVD. I feel this is one of the most significant and useful series to date. I could see such a DVD as very useful in both a high school and college setting.

Dr. Phil adjusted his psychologist hat to look more like a sociologist with great success. I was impressed with the outcome of each person involved especially Gary and B. I'd love it if in an update we find that B is the adopted grandma to Gary's family.

November 13, 2006, 7:29 am CST

Beauty is Only Skin Deep

The epidermis (skin) is a powerful organ in our body and in the world.  It is one of the only things that separates us as human beings.  Beneath the colorful layer of skin, we are all the same, fat , blood vessels, etc.  I wonder if we all are a social experiment on earth to see what we would do or how we would use that layer of skin to empower ourselves.  Aren't we something to think that we have the advantage because of that layer of skin.  Maybe the joke is on us.  I think our creater (whatever your  belief) put it on us just to see how we would treat our fellow man.  He or she could have made us all the same, but we are more the same than different, it comes from within not without.

November 13, 2006, 7:54 am CST

It was about time for the change.

I'm glad all seems to turned out well. But I tend to agree that John was putting on a 'front' for the viewers. I don't know if he'll succeed in the help he'll be getting, but for his sake I hope so. I can't wait for tomorrow's show!

November 13, 2006, 8:05 am CST

Hurray!!!

I was so full of emotion from the very beginning of this show that I feel like I too have made a change for the better. For those 6 people to put their lives on hold and get together and have this kind of experience trully is an inspiration to me. Thank you for doing it. So many people who watched this show should have ultimatly recieved something from it. I know I did. I've never been much on any type of prejudice, although I have at times had very ignorant moments. I have learned to think before I speak and know what it is I'm talking about. Admitting my ignorance and being open to learning something new is what was reinforced in me during the course of this show. I have people around me with very high prejudice and I will be putting my two since in when ever the subjects come up. They don't mind sharing their ingnorance and I don't mind sharing my knowlegde in anything I am confident in and when something comes a long and it is something that I don't have enough information to have confident knowledge about, I will admit my ignorance and start looking for confident sources to get the confident knowledge I need. Then apply it to my life if need be. Thank you Dr. Phil for such a great show.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last