Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Number of Replies: 197
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:17:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/13/06) After nine days in The Dr. Phil House, have these guests let go of their prejudices, or are they still living with hate? Dr. Phil assigns more tasks that force the group to work together and learn even more about each other. White supremacist Gary has to cook dinner for B. and her African-American friends who come to visit. Initially angry, Gary has an enlightening conversation at the dinner table. Then, Dr. Phil sends John and Staci out on assignments together. First, to the gym for a workout, and then, after Staci gets a 300-pound makeover, the two head out in public, so she can see what it’s like to walk in John’s shoes. Next, with the help of a Hollywood makeup artist, Gary is transformed into a black man, and after some cultural coaching from B., heads to two different neighborhoods as an African-American male. With intense one-on-one time with Dr. Phil and some surprise family visits, these houseguests leave with different perspectives, better attitudes and plans for a peaceful future. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 30, 2007, 6:33 am CDT

Gary & B were not treated equal

I watched the House Of Hatred series from start to finish and I was really shocked to see that Dr. Phil did not treat B & Gary equal in any way.

Gary had to turn black and go out as a black man to see how bad whites treat blacks. Gary also had to cook a meal of B's choosing, serve B and her friends and sit and listen to all the questions they had about why whites treat blacks so bad!

Where was B's experiments? Why didn't she turn white and go out as a white woman to see how bad the blacks treat white people? Why didn't she have to cook a meal of Gary's choosing & serve Gary and friends & answer the questions that his friends have about why blacks treat whites so bad?

Why was B allowed to voice her feelings to everyone about everything in such a crude manner, curse, and give us all unwanted bogus history lectures.

Why was she allowed to treat Gary and everyone else in that house the way she did? She thought she ran that house, she bossed everyone around, was rude to everyone, and voiced her opinions about situations that did not even concern her. I never heard anyone say B tell me what you think or B give me your opinion, She thought everyone needed to hear what she had to say, she was the only one that was right about everything and if no one listened they caught hell and had to listen and watch her pitch a temper tantrum..

Why she had to yell all of the time I do not know. That is one loud woman!

Why was it OK for her to be like she was and no one even Dr. Phil tell her she needed to stop. Her loud mouth, and horrible behavior is the reason people treat her the way they do, not the color of her skin.

I feel Dr. Phil was not fair to Gary at all, he should have given B the same experiments that he gave Gary.

Dr. Phil, I think you & B need to apologize to Gary for treating him so bad , and being made to do experiments that you did not have B do.

If Gary would have treated B or talked (screamed & curse) to others like B did to Gary and the other house members, you would have thrown him off of the show and ask him to leave the house.

Treat everyone equally Dr. Phil!

August 27, 2007, 5:49 am CDT

I would like you if only you were someone else;)

Quote From: sweetirony

Wont it be nice if we see an update at some point, with John having lost a lot of weight and receiving counselling to help his outlook/attitude (I think he needs it), and making something of his life!??!  I hope this happens..

Yes, if only John would change everything about himself, his appearance, the way he thinks and feels then we would like him. Isn't this what the whole show was about; to genuinely accept people for who and what they are, not what we would like them to be?

Further a person can't even begin to understand in one day what anything is like. You can't begin to understand in one month. It takes years of bone numbing prejudism to understand how others condemnation affects the psyche and soul. It is always easier to blame the individual for being personally "lazy" than it is to even consider the possibility of this being a systemic issue.

PS: God must be passive aggressive.

October 5, 2007, 9:23 am CDT

What happened to the other two?

I just watched the update show on 10/5/07 and i don't remember what happened to the black lady and the morbidily obese guy. I can't remember their names sorry. I don't remember their update, why didn't they go on that trip?

Thanks,

MasterDeb

November 11, 2007, 12:32 am CST

Was African American woman an actress?

I've seen a commercial for Church's Fried Chicken about 3-4 times now and the main character in the commercial looks a lot like the African American woman in The Dr. Phil's "House of Hatred" that aired last year.  She looks the same and she has the same distinctive voice.

Has anyone else seen this?  I so hope this is just a case of mistaken identity.  The thought he could be using actresses on his show is extremely troublesome.  I wrote in and asked him and hope I get a response.

I'm trying very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on this as I think this would not fit his character.

November 19, 2007, 7:35 am CST

Gary on Maury?

Hi I was just watching Maury and Gary appeared on it - the date was 13th Sept 2004, it was one of Maury's peternity shows.  Did anyone else see this?

January 31, 2008, 5:02 pm CST

07/02 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Quote From: mikomiko

I've seen a commercial for Church's Fried Chicken about 3-4 times now and the main character in the commercial looks a lot like the African American woman in The Dr. Phil's "House of Hatred" that aired last year.  She looks the same and she has the same distinctive voice.

Has anyone else seen this?  I so hope this is just a case of mistaken identity.  The thought he could be using actresses on his show is extremely troublesome.  I wrote in and asked him and hope I get a response.

I'm trying very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on this as I think this would not fit his character.

I thought I was the only one who saw this!  If that lady isn't the one from the Dr. Phil house, she's her twin sister.  It's always possible that she wasn't an actress, but got the gig from the exposure on TV, I suppose.  Everyone just needs the right break, they say.  I'm going to give Dr. Phil's producers the benefit of the doubt, and assume that they didn't cast actors for the house.  They should know that the viewing public isn't stupid and they'd get caught doing stuff like that.

February 22, 2008, 11:17 am CST

07/02 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Quote From: chynamae

I thought I was the only one who saw this!  If that lady isn't the one from the Dr. Phil house, she's her twin sister.  It's always possible that she wasn't an actress, but got the gig from the exposure on TV, I suppose.  Everyone just needs the right break, they say.  I'm going to give Dr. Phil's producers the benefit of the doubt, and assume that they didn't cast actors for the house.  They should know that the viewing public isn't stupid and they'd get caught doing stuff like that.
  I also think it is B. It never occured to me she might be an actress, but that she got a big break after appearing on Dr. Phil. She may have enjoyed the production aspect of it all. I notice she didn't go on the vacation with the others.

First | Prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next Page | Last Page