Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Number of Replies: 197
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:17:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/13/06) After nine days in The Dr. Phil House, have these guests let go of their prejudices, or are they still living with hate? Dr. Phil assigns more tasks that force the group to work together and learn even more about each other. White supremacist Gary has to cook dinner for B. and her African-American friends who come to visit. Initially angry, Gary has an enlightening conversation at the dinner table. Then, Dr. Phil sends John and Staci out on assignments together. First, to the gym for a workout, and then, after Staci gets a 300-pound makeover, the two head out in public, so she can see what it’s like to walk in John’s shoes. Next, with the help of a Hollywood makeup artist, Gary is transformed into a black man, and after some cultural coaching from B., heads to two different neighborhoods as an African-American male. With intense one-on-one time with Dr. Phil and some surprise family visits, these houseguests leave with different perspectives, better attitudes and plans for a peaceful future. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 13, 2006, 9:06 am CST

STACI

Staci, I do give you alot of credit for your courage to let them dress you up that way and go out in public.  I do agree with you that you did look like John's girlfriend.  And I think it did alot for John to see you like that too.  I think he enjoyed it.  That was such a good idea.  And a valuable lesson!

November 13, 2006, 10:10 am CST

11/13 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Quote From: purplepenny

I'm just saying that, just because a river has the same names as possibly fictional rivers in the Bible doesn't mean they are the actual rivers. I believe these rivers are named after the Bible story. Not the other way around.

That's all I was saying.

You know, I thought about it some more later, and figured that was what you meant.

I'm still curious as to why anyone would be ANGRY at the thought of life beginning in Africa. I know you don't have the answer to this :) but really, why does it matter?

November 13, 2006, 11:05 am CST

Quote From: julie1418

You know, I thought about it some more later, and figured that was what you meant.

I'm still curious as to why anyone would be ANGRY at the thought of life beginning in Africa. I know you don't have the answer to this :) but really, why does it matter?

Yeah...LOL...I don't get that anger either.  Africa is just as good as anywhere else! LOL Human life sprung up somewhere...I don't get it Julie...LOL

November 13, 2006, 11:24 am CST

House of Hatred

I  want to point out something to Gary. He told B to go back to Africa. To start with African black people did not come to America by choice they were kidnapped from their country and brought here. To all of the races that were born here "this is their country" And unless he is an American Indian, we can say the same to him. Why doesn't he go back to the country his ancestors came from. I am a white female and I like all races. Please remember there is good and bad people in every race.

November 13, 2006, 1:21 pm CST

Doesn't any of the people in the Dr. Phil house know that no matter how big, what color or what sex or if your gay that they are just like everybody else in the world.

November 13, 2006, 1:54 pm CST

House

Quote From: mightymite

Doesn't any of the people in the Dr. Phil house know that no matter how big, what color or what sex or if your gay that they are just like everybody else in the world.

Dr Phil

Why did you not have the black lady go as a white lady? Why the white man to a black area . why one way not both.

We have problems on both sides...........................

this was so one sided....................

November 13, 2006, 2:29 pm CST

Quote From: nypope

Dr Phil

Why did you not have the black lady go as a white lady? Why the white man to a black area . why one way not both.

We have problems on both sides...........................

this was so one sided....................

I was wondering the exact same thing...She called white people sociopaths. That's a very horrid HORRID thing to say.

November 13, 2006, 2:34 pm CST

I have a question......

So, what do you call a white person who is at the opposite end of the scale? I think it must be a type of prejudice  (?), but I absolutely love black people! They are funny, and talented and I love their style and music (some- not rap ).  From the time I was a kid I always wanted to adopt a black child. I think (most) black babies are the cutest , most adorable little dolls I've ever seen!  I didn't grow up with the kind of prejudice that I see in the U.S. and I really do have a very difficult time understanding it. Okay, let me have it. I know I'm probably gonna get an earful,because I am smart enough to realize that I'm probably just as bad as someone who hates blacks. But, I'm just trying to be honest and understand myself. 

November 13, 2006, 2:49 pm CST

the house of hatered

I THINK MOST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE LEARNED SOMETHING.BUT I DON'T THINK JOHN DID AT ALL.I THINK HE WILL DO THE SAME THING HE DID BEFORE HE CAME TO THE HOUSE.JOHN STOP USEING YOUR WEIGHT AS AN EXCUESS;IM OVER WEIGHT TOO.THAT DOES'NT STOP ME FROM TRYING TO DO ANYTHING.I THINK YOU HATE SKINNY PEOPLE BECUASE YOUR JEALOUS OF THEM.YOU DID THIS TO YOU.NOT THE SKINNY PEOPLE.YOU GOT OVER WEIGHT BY YOURSELF.BUT I THINK PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE.NO ONE IS BETTER THEN ANYONE ELSE.AND LIKE DR.PHIL SAY'S LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOU NO ONE ELSE IS.PEOPLE NEED TO LISTEN MORE BEFORE THEY SHOOT OFF THEIR MOUTHS.SO I HOPE THEY HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING BY BEING IN THE DR.PHIL HOUSE.I DON'T THINK JOHN WILL CHANGE.I THINK HE DID IT FOR THE CAMERA'S.HE DID'NT SEEM TO LEARN MUCH

KATHY

November 13, 2006, 2:58 pm CST

attn: dr. phil

I have just finished watching your Dr. Phil house of hatred.  I  understand what you are trying to do, but when you sent Gary out as a black man that was not true to form.   I am sorry but if any person was standing on the street corner asking me what the time was or for directions I personally would give a response.  If someone was standing on the street corner asking me or saying "that smells good" or "Hey, where did you get that" I'm sorry but I don't think that I would give a response.  I was raised as a Army brat so I was raised not to be worried about if a person was white, black, red or green.  I personally do not care if people are gay, fat, skinny or anything else.  Who cares.  If the person is kind, funny, and willing to treat others with respect then that is all that matters. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last