Message Boards

Topic : 07/02 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Number of Replies: 197
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:17:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/13/06) After nine days in The Dr. Phil House, have these guests let go of their prejudices, or are they still living with hate? Dr. Phil assigns more tasks that force the group to work together and learn even more about each other. White supremacist Gary has to cook dinner for B. and her African-American friends who come to visit. Initially angry, Gary has an enlightening conversation at the dinner table. Then, Dr. Phil sends John and Staci out on assignments together. First, to the gym for a workout, and then, after Staci gets a 300-pound makeover, the two head out in public, so she can see what it’s like to walk in John’s shoes. Next, with the help of a Hollywood makeup artist, Gary is transformed into a black man, and after some cultural coaching from B., heads to two different neighborhoods as an African-American male. With intense one-on-one time with Dr. Phil and some surprise family visits, these houseguests leave with different perspectives, better attitudes and plans for a peaceful future. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More July 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 11, 2006, 12:08 pm CST

Bad Attitudes... Improved??

The folks in the Dr. Phil house have some of the lousiest attitudes I have ever seen. John (the big guy that doesn't like skinny people) seems to be indulging in a 'pity party' because of his size. GROW UP!!!!!!! I am hoping being forced to deal with their bad attitudes and prejudices while they were in the Dr. Phil house will have a positive and LASTING effect on them!!

November 11, 2006, 12:25 pm CST

Ringtone

I am a HUGE Dr. Phil & Robin fan, however, I have been struggling for months trying to find the shows ringtone for my cell phone.  I have searched all of Cher's cd's and can not find the song I need.  CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

I will check back here frequently to check replies.  Until then back to searching the net.  LOL

November 11, 2006, 12:34 pm CST

11/13 The Dr. Phil House: House of Hatred, Part 3

Quote From: purplepenny

I think sometimes people forget that people do not go to Dr Phil for religious help. They go to him for social and physchological help.

Dr Phil has choosen to have a secular show and so people don't go to him looking to be preached at.

I agree with you. 

If Dr. Phil did that no one would go to him for help.

November 11, 2006, 4:58 pm CST

attitude problems

Quote From: pandgfan

The folks in the Dr. Phil house have some of the lousiest attitudes I have ever seen. John (the big guy that doesn't like skinny people) seems to be indulging in a 'pity party' because of his size. GROW UP!!!!!!! I am hoping being forced to deal with their bad attitudes and prejudices while they were in the Dr. Phil house will have a positive and LASTING effect on them!!

i agree with u 100% they all need to change their ways and improve on there attitude

November 12, 2006, 5:41 am CST

well i be glad to see the end results

however all i read about was gary seeing what its like to be black and stacie seeing what its like to be fat, what about MISS B changing her way of thinking about white people? i do hope her attitude changes, it would be a real shame for her to live with any hatered twords whites any longer,and john wow i relly hope he gets with the prograim and gets some of that weight off, before it kills him

November 12, 2006, 9:01 am CST

Can't Wait

I am looking forward to the transformation.  You have played so many cards and it is amazing what you do to and with people.  Your last shows on the little girl just about broke my heart.  Something more seems to be unlying this issue.  Again, thanks for seeing that we can all trust someone, perhaps someone we do not like.  Until we know someone, we really should not make harsh statements and hurtful sayings.  Thanks again.

November 12, 2006, 2:22 pm CST

Well my last post was ignored, I guess I only have "Free Speech " if I agree with the "Moral Majority. "

The point of my last post was, if you are going to bring your own Religious Bias' into the discussion, then maybe go to the Religion website, and yes I will say it is INTOLERANT, and unproductive to pick on just the one person because her lifestyle does NOT conform to YOUR lifestyle.  I thought Jesus preached love and TOLERANCE ? Guess I slept through that part of Sunday School, you know the part when he said to LOVE THY NEIGHBOR, except if...... they don't conform with the majority, or the belivers then it's okay to hate and be intolerant of them.

Dr. Phil is a "Christian" and as a Christian he is VERY tolerant and caring, and it dosen't seem to bother him how people go about their lives as long as they aren't hurting one another, that being said he is NOT a PREACHER and never claimed to be one, otherwise like one poster pointed out, few people would seek out his advice.

If my last post is eventually posted I stand by what I said, if not, no great lost, This show is to teach TOLERANCE of others no matter what, that means HOMOSEXUALITY as well, if you don't like it, well that's fine but you know there's enough of this hate stuff in the world, do you really need to add to it because you have Religion on your side and can spout the Bible by heart ?  Think about it.

Let the fun begin

November 12, 2006, 2:25 pm CST

Houes of Hatred

Quote From: afraid

and if you look at his title it dose say dr phil not rev phil, and i dont mean to knock your statement here inj any way but the healing must start some whear and what dr phil dose is help get a person on the wright road to recovery, and you know people may indeed find themselves crossing paths with the lord once they get on the rite road,dr phil is simpley giving directions to these people[ if you will its all up to them to follow his advice and directions, and we all know god moves in mesterios ways, yes he does indeed.
Dr. Phil dose not need help someone who is gay.  They have a right to love who ever they would like. I'm church going person too and belive in god but I also believe that we have no right tell people they have to believe as we do in this world. God will judge in the end and say what will happen when we all die and go to hevean or hell.

November 12, 2006, 2:27 pm CST

why are they like that?

What is wrong with some of these people!!! I mean what kind of home life did they have?!! The white guy that don't like blacks he needs to get a life!!! We are all equal,at least i thought we were!! The skinny girl....well if you ask me i wouldn't want to be a bone...nor would i want to be way over weight...i agree that i think that the big guy is on a feel sorry for my butt kick well i have news for these last 2 you have to help yourselves before anyone can help you...they all need to stop being snobs and wake up and smell the roses coffee whatever....life is too short to be cutting someone down...sure glad i'm not on that show in the house with them!!!!  As far for the gay person to each their own...just don't push it on me...i am woman hear me roar!!!! I LOVE my MAN!! Where do some of these people come from?? A rock or a tree????!!! perhaps another planet!!! like planet hate!! Good luck to all of you!!

November 12, 2006, 4:16 pm CST

Quote From: setfree_2

I have a heart for people with these life circumstances, I beleive in God & press in towards Jesus, although we all live in the flesh that is weak and evil all around I cannot see condemnation without judgement day in the future so heres how I see people from all walks of life doing God's mission here without religious status to get through to the lost, I will say I saw a show about 8 months ago about our schools being taught safe sex verses abstenance, and I heard Dr Phil say no abstenant program has ever had any results I was certain he was anti christian to a certain level and since that show I have seen more of Robin inspiring christianity, now again at a cross roads with the fleshes weakness and wanting to be fair with gays and lesbians and other mixes I see what Dr Phil is really doing with seculurism shows and  that people will find God through their mist of confusion, I know from growing up having a mom who always quoted Godly gestures such as do unto others as you'd want done to you and etc. that is now my rule of conduct, except when my moral beliefs such as being hurtful to others...
That is NOT anti-Christian. It is simply a fact. Abstinence programs have and are failing. They do not do any good. They never have had any positive results. You think Dr Phil should LIE about it?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last