Message Boards

Topic : 11/14 Sisters at War

Number of Replies: 152
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:18:47 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You’ve heard the old saying, “Blood is thicker than water.” Dr. Phil’s guests are putting that adage to the test! Colleen says her sister, April, committed the ultimate betrayal by trying to fix up her boyfriend and father of her children with another woman. April says her sibling is no angel, and claims Colleen dragged her out of bed and punched her in the face! After spending time on stage with the women, Dr. Phil sends them home with a special assignment: to watch their bad behavior on tape. Now, one month later, Colleen and April join him in the studio again. Does one sister owe the other an apology, or are they both to blame for their ongoing feud? Will the women find a way to move on and become sisters again, or is this relationship beyond repair? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 14, 2006, 8:23 am CST

love your family like it's your last day with them

My sister is battling Cancer for the 4th time as I type this.   She began her battle 10 years ago.   Prior to her being diagnosed, there was about 2 years that we did not speak and to this day I'm not sure if we really know why we came to that point.   But, I am SO very thankful that we resolved our differences and that we have the absolute best relationship ever.   My sister always was my very best friend, and thank God she still is.    If my sister loses this battle, I will be so incredibly lost without her.  

I lost my daughter in 2002 at age 14.   I would like to tell the two sisters on the show today and any family who has spent wasteless energy on fighting, that Dr. Phil was SO right that once someone is gone, they are gone.   My daughter was the love of my life (along with my other daughter), my best friend, and I miss her every day and always will.  

I used to worry so much that my two daughters would never be friends.   They fought all the time.   I was so concerned that my younger daughter would pass away without having a close sister relationship like I have with mine.    My prayers were answered when a few years before my angel passed away, both my daughters started to have a much closer relationship.   My older daughter would have been devastated if she had lost her sister while still at war.   There is nothing in this world worth losing your loved one.   

I pray that these sisters and other families out there feuding, I pray that they do not have to have a tragedy strike before they realize how important their family members are.

I wish Dr. Phil could read this to these sisters and maybe it would make a difference.  

Karen B.

Connecticut

November 14, 2006, 10:24 am CST

11/14 Sisters at War

Every one i know thinks that twins are so close we are 26 and are nothing alike at 16 she was pregnant and did not speak to us me and my dad for 3 months out of fear someone would not agree with her. now i cant even thing of how we are alike she wont talk to anyone except only to complain and bring people around her down. she said he said crap no one wants to hear if you say you don't want to hear it she hangs up or leaves she has a 9th grade education no GED and lies constantly recently she told us that her boyfriend of 3 years said he would marry her when she got her first pay check .  and still has not recognized what a put down that is .   she has worked on and off lost custody of her child and lives at one of the lowest points i have ever seen . i hope things change i don't want to end up like this although i fear she would not mind we lost our mother at the age of 12 to cancer . she is waiting on a pity party she will not get it from me i wont help her do this to her self and our family .  she puts everyone down before she feels we can do it to her we don't put her down she doesn't like if we disagree with her . at this point I'm lost and don't know what to do..............

November 14, 2006, 10:43 am CST

Sisters

My sister and I have been separated most of our lives. Since I was three. We have lost to much time to worry and stress out about B/S. We share and savor each moment we have left......even our deepest secrets and prayers. ........I feel sorry for those that can't look beyond their hangups and appreciate what God has given to them.

November 14, 2006, 10:51 am CST

yes from what i saw of the show it was like my sisters fighting when we were kids lol

Quote From: ssujoey91

Haven't seen the show yet,but checked out the slide show online.I think these two need to realize life's too short and that it's time to grow up.I've seen kids fight with more maturity.This sounds heartless,but I think this one will give me a good laugh.

poor Dr Phil looked as if he were ready to pull someones hair out, it really didn't look like he was getting through to ether one of them, however i didn't see the last 15 min of the show due to a phone call i got, but it was a real comical show with those two sisters on it today.<>

November 14, 2006, 10:54 am CST

11/14 Sisters at War

WOW,  I can't believe how imature and hatful these two sisters are!  They are exactly alike but just don't see it.  I have four sisters and we have always gotten along so well. We laugh and hang out all of the time.  It really blows me away that they are spending their ONE and only life filled with this anger. What a shame.

November 14, 2006, 11:09 am CST

brothers ans sisters could solve most problems if they just tryed these steps.

Communicating positively

Sometimes there can be an on-going hassle with your brother or sister that never seems to get solved. Learning how to talk things out can help you deal with those situations. And, although it seems strange to think about learning to talk to your brother or sister, it's just about learning to talk to each other in a positive and respectful way.

When you deal positively with a situation you actually feel better about yourself because you've acted more skilfully and have been a stronger person in your approach.

Here are some basic pointers to follow when trying to talk out a problem.

• Listen openly to the other's point of view. This leads to understanding the other person. We all feel better if someone understands what is happening for us. And when we feel better, we're easier to get along with.
  • Be truly respectful to each other. Don't blame, criticise or accuse each other.
  • Speak calmly. If you're starting to heat up, take time out and come back to it later.
  • Everyone makes mistakes. If you've made a mess of things, think about how you can fix it up. It's OK to say sorry when you're wrong. All the best people do.
  • Stick to the issue at hand, don't get sidetracked by other issues. Don't get sidetracked by picking on each other. If you get off the track, bring it back to the issue.

November 14, 2006, 11:59 am CST

11/14 Sisters at War

I believe these two women should work out their differences & get along. The more hatred they have towards each other, the more chaos it's going to bring upon them & the rest of the family. And they will never be at peace unless something is resolved. Families are forever, no matter what.

November 14, 2006, 12:04 pm CST

11/14 Sisters at War

Quote From: riahkoko

i wish i could tell my sister how much i loved her but she gets on my nerves so much!!!!!!  she is only 14 and i am only 13 but still the fighting can be pretty rough.  s
Hang in there--it will get better.  My brother and I fought like animals when we were y'all's ages but got along better once we hit late high school/college, and are good friends now.  You're both still figuring out who you are so personalities are going to clash.  Just keep remembering how much you love her and it will turn out OK.

November 14, 2006, 12:34 pm CST

Wake up girls!!!

I have 3 sisters and I love them all dearly. If there is ever an issue we discuss it like a loving family should. These 2 sisters are only caring about getting their point across and not settling the issue. They are both immature and need to let go of the highschool drama.

November 14, 2006, 12:38 pm CST

11/14 Sisters at War

I wonder if both or at least one of the sisters doesn't have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).  They both truely seem to believe there side of the story.  My MIL has it and this is the same crazyness we deal with when we talk to her. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last